Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Jan 29, 2016.

?

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

Poll closed May 29, 2019.
  1. Yes

54.0%
  2. No

46.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

He rates Arshavin though. Bizarre post. Clearly hasn't recovered from 2012 or so.. Also believes this is FIFA and we can just sign players willy-nilly,.

2. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

Arshavin is definitely a more talented footballer than ramsey. Ramsey is gerrard/lampard at best, but he is nowhere near the level of iniesta, modric, scholes, xavi, zidane, kdb, silva, cazorla........they may be good athletes but **** footballers.

I didn’t believe it’s fifa, I don’t think signing one/two of the below young talents is not achievable. All I do is to recommend a shortlist. I do not mean we can sign all of them like how you do in fifa. Depending on the position we are after, it will be good if we get one/two of these players.
    JK Augustin, Saint-Maximin, Aouar, Chukwueze, Cuisance, Ndombele, Tonali, Upamecano, De Ligt, Bellanova, Reguilon, Plizzari

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  3. Mark Tobias

LOL at the fact you think Arshavin was better than Lampard and Gerrard
    Name one thing Arshavin actually achieved in his career.. Other than dominating Liverpool with 4 goals once off he was an extremely frustrating player.

4. Football Manager

They play in different position so you can’t really compare. But he is a much better footballer.

5. Mark Tobias

Sorry but there is no way in hell Arshavin is a better footballer than either of those two. Both Gerrard and Lampard routinely dug their teams out of mountains of **** through their individual performances. Both are considered by most of the football community to be great players. The same can't be said of Arshavin. Honestly have no idea where you get this from. Admittedly Andre was a lot better than what was made of him by Arsenal fans but better than Frank and Stevie G, you're having a laugh mate,.

6. Football Manager

They are great athletes, good strength, stamina, work rate, tackling, long shot and leadership.
    But they are far from great on the ball, play ugly football, poor decision making, and flair.
    Just look at the spainish midfielders, they play with their brain and their positioning, dribbling and close control are top class.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    BigPoppaPump likes this.
  7. Mark Tobias

My god. More than one way to skin a cat, buddy... So in your definition of a great footballer one must have all those attributes? Bit ridiculous considering there are maybe ten players in the world like that. And everyone else doesn't make the grade because their style of football isn't the same? Bizarre logic. But I am not going to entertain this any longer. If you truly feel Arshavin is a better player then kudos to you. We'll have to agree to disagree because that is the boldest statement I've read on here in a good long while.

8. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

Raul about Ramsey's contract situation

https://www.arsenal.com/news/raul-and-vinai-ramseys-contract-situation

9. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

krackpot, blaze_of_glory and celestis like this.
  10. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Toby Andrl and krackpot like this.
  11. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

It's defensive nonsense from them really.

It's clear the prior leadership should have extended his contract way earlier/quicker. If you only start talks in late 2017/early 2018, it's pretty clear the player is going to wait at least for the end of the 17/18 season and very likely he'll go into his last year as leverage. If you don't see that as a club you're an idiot. It's no wonder some clubs try to renew every 2 years despite someone still having 3 seasons to go.

Also, it's pretty much been confirmed by various sources that Ramsey wanted a nice raise, but that contrary to some purporting he wanted to take Arsenal to the cleaners and get close to Özil in wages, he "only" wanted to get to the regions of Auba, Laca and Mkhi.

Then Emery decided he didn't fit his "way of football", club said ok we're not giving him a new contract then, then Emery noticed he needed him, though, but the ****show had already been aired. Just look at the shambolic back- and forthtracking Arsenal's PR did in the Ramsey contract case.

Of course they now have to come out and make excuses for why everyone, old and new leadership, ****ed up over almost a 3 year period. And the easiest way is to blame the player for wanting too much money. The only one who could aim for similar wages with his next extension is Bellerin but the guy's under contract for another 4 seasons, so with Welbeck and Cech gone I don't see how 180 to 200k for Ramsey would've destroyed the squad wage balance.

Rex Banter and celestis like this.
  12. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Basically they’ve sh*t the bed with this, didn’t renew early enough and didn’t sell in summer 2018 like they should have.

They can’t come out and say Ramsey had excessive wage demands because all the stories that have come out have been contrary to this.

Basically they have to suggest the club can’t afford it when we know that’s partially due to 530k of our wage budget being given to Mkhitaryan and Özil last January.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  13. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

He wasn’t exactly playing amazing football during the period where his salary would traditionally have been renewed you know?

This season was his best season since his breakout one. I don’t blame the club too much in this situation.

14. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump OnlyOne's Best Friend

These guys really thinkf Ramsey was gonna choose Arsenal over Juventus for 400k p/w. I wish i could be that naïve life woild be easier.

15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Agreed. Think recency bias is at play with a lot of the "we're letting him go for free" posts every time he scores. He's been class this season, but it's easy to forget that he was just as disappointing as the rest in 15/16 and the subsequent years.

Good player who you'd ideally like to keep, but not someone who you'd throw ridiculous wages at.

Trilly and say yes like this.
  16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Time to move. Ramsey is at a super club now.

Arsenal are maybe at least 100 years away from being a super club.

17. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Class this season? If I remember correctly he was basically utter ****e in the autumn or even later, which is why Emery didn't play him much.

Maybe someone can find some stats from the first half of the season? He was very good later of course, until his injury which happens every year.

18. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

He's an average player whom we didn't want to throw insane money at. Luckily we withdrew whatever offer we had, bloke had 5 good performances this season and ended up getting injured as per.

19. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

This season was typical Ramsey, played a couple of blinders, had some stinkers and got injured in the crucial time for the Club.

He just can’t be the focal point of the team and thus doesn’t command a massive overinflated salary he wanted.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  20. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Should have said 'class at times'.

drippin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.