Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Jan 29, 2016.

?

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

Poll closed May 29, 2019.
  1. Yes

54.0%
  2. No

46.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Death by penalties in Baku.

2. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

Now ramsey is gone. We have resources to bring in a cazorla replacement.

We need a silky midfielders who play smart, read the game well, dictate tempo, skillful, play one two/one touch pass/beautiful through pass, have great first touch, ball control, tactical knowledge, decision making, passing and positioning.

Not someone who based their game on hard work. Play ugly boring disgusting football. Run into the opponent box and leave huge gaps in the midfield for the opponent to exploit.

3. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

You'd think Ramsey was Zidane the way some people are going on, our team will probably be better without him in the long run.

In Britain they disregard the first paragraph as tippy-tappy nonsense and prefer the second paragraph as passion! No wonder England ain't ever gonna win a world cup and only got far this time because they're finally starting to modernise with more technical players. Not to mention they're finally giving a chance to black players!

Token Yank and Football Manager like this.
  4. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Looking at the current managers then aside from zidane,jose who else is going to come in with champions league winning experience. Your right in that poch will struggle to achieve champions league glory but i dont see many former winning managers fitting the juve brief.

5. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Rambo last few weeks as Arsenal player.

6. LGooner98

LGooner98 Well-Known Member

:( Gonna miss him

SingmeasongSong, Aevi and dbig like this.
  7. HomeSteak

HomeSteak Well-Known Member

Close this up?

8. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

when u are down to 10 men and then u see ramsey sprinting up the field in the dying minutes to equalise.....never loved an arsenal player more....he truly was special.

9. BigPoppaPump

Man I feel sorry for you guys who weren't around during the invincibles.

10. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I only have faint memory of it, I was only 7-8 at the time so I experienced it but I dont remember it a whole lot. Unfortunately I remember the CL final 2 season later much more :/

Quite unlucky I wasnt born a few years earlier, but at the same time a lot of people are growing up watching this **** show which is much worse.

11. Beast Incarnate

Beast Incarnate Well-Known Member

Never has a more undeserving player gotten God-like status at this club.

krackpot, kraphtous and BigPoppaPump like this.
  12. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

A lot of people will miss him cause he has been very good the last 2 seasons and 2014/14. Plus he is a gentleman and the closest we have to a 'club legend' right now.
    But he gets overrated as heck on this forum.

13. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Class man <3. Will miss the person more than the player. Top lad.

14. BigPoppaPump

People act like this is like us losing Cesc or RVP, when really it's more similar to when we sold Walcott. Just the fact that Ramsey went to a better team seems to make people regretful.

15. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Harsh.. Ramsey is surely somewhere in between.
    It isn't the loss itself but rather the timing as we are already in need of a rebuild, this makes it so much harder.
    Still have to laugh at some acting like this is our best ever player we're losing.

krackpot likes this.
  16. BigPoppaPump

Ramsey wasn't better for Arsenal than Walcott was. They produced around the same level. Theo was probably more consistent tbh.

Football Manager likes this.
  17. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

He hasn't been 'very good'. Just because we have become **** people seem to only notice what he did well. He has been the usual Ramsey, not consistent, poor discipline, quite a few stinkers where he literally didnt do a single thing right. He also typically got injured as soon as he gets a run of games.

Like BigPoppaPump said, people must not have been around when the invincibles were around. Ramsey wouldn't even get a look in on the bench.

However in this curent team he is perhaps one of our better players. We can ignore all his weaknesses now cause his best is better than most current players. So in this context it would be sad to see him go....except he is so damn injury prone.

Imagine we didn't withdraw the contract offer and he signed it at the beginning of the season? How infuriating would it have been to then see him miss the most crucial part of the season. On top of that he would have been one of our highest earner too. Atleast now we can try to replace him (with not much money I know). If we kept him, we couldn't, and you know he would miss a chunk of the season through injury.

18. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Why is this thread still open, its like hanging you're dead dog over the fire place.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  19. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Can we get the Welsh Kevin Nolan in a Juventus shirt already?

20. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

No, theo got worked out and he's never been a decent player since. Only thing he has is pace and a fairly clinical finish.
    Ramsey offers more in terms of all round game. Definitely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.