• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I said numerous times and I'll repeat it again like the broken record that I am...Ramsey has the first touch of an academy player, and the awareness of a drunk driver. Even when he was having the season of his life, he still had these same issues, but he got away with it because he was winning games for us. You can't have a piss poor first touch, and piss poor awareness and be a great midfielder...it's simply impossible.

Jamrock

I swear people think that The Coq will abruptly improve Ramsey's game / ability, but how?... Its not about conceding goals or anything when it comes to Ramsey, it's about individuality and Ramsey's is showing himself up, Coq is not going to make him improve his passing, his positional awareness, his defensive ability or his intelligence to control a midfield.

Ramsey is not showing all this apart from scoring a goal here and there. His transitional play from defense is atrocious, never makes himself available. He panics and loses the ball when put under minimal pressure etc, not comfortable switching or spreading the ball 50 yards to relieve pressure or the press, he just does 5-15 yard short passes that are easy for high pressing teams to deal with.. Etc

I want Ramsey to show his individual CM ability then we can conclusively say that Flamini is the one causing him to make poor simple passes, give the ball away under minimal pressure, poor defensive awareness, poor positional awareness etc...

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When your midfielde partner is more effective at breaking down your own attacks than the oppositions what do you expect.

Coq will improve the whole team, at the very least it will free Ramsey up to attack more.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Ramsey is just not good enough, simple as that.

What are you all gonna say when he's still poor with Coquelin ?
He needs someone else ?

I've followed Ramsey since he joined and other than that 3 month purple patch, he has been poor.
But I get he is Wengers darling.

He is Jordan Henderson level, nothing more.
He is an anchor on our play.
Flamini just makes it more laughable.
With Coq back, it will be Özil's fault for not giving Rambo space or it will be Wenger's fault for not buying someone to help Rambo shine. Indeed it could be Cech's fault for not distributing properly from the defence.
Since those 3/4 months a few years ago, it has always been someone else's fault.

Reyes

I could curse the crazy ****ing Welshman after his recently terrible form, but I won't. I will buy his shirt in the summer, just like I did before his wonder season, and hope he gets a hold of himself. Maybe than he will play normal again. And not as an out-of-form Steven Gerrard syndrome midfielder with a goal complex. And I'll curse him just a little bit. Secretly.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I said numerous times and I'll repeat it again like the broken record that I am...Ramsey has the first touch of an academy player, and the awareness of a drunk driver. Even when he was having the season of his life, he still had these same issues, but he got away with it because he was winning games for us. You can't have a piss poor first touch, and piss poor awareness and be a great midfielder...it's simply impossible.
You savage. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's so funny because when Ramsey was on fire Flamini or Arteta played next to him :lol: but that 2 years ago so many things have changed.

Reyes

he needs a ball player next to him.

You mean a passer right? I feel he would be monstrous next to Busquets as well. However, in our system, not in Barcelona's system. That type of player is not really available and if he was, he was expensive. The problem with Ramsey is, he is a very specific player, with very clear massive strengths, and clear weaknesses. This means he is a probably an insanely good player when you build around him, but I'm not sure he is good enough if you don't to warrant that type of building.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
You mean a passer right? I feel he would be monstrous next to Busquets as well. However, in our system, not in Barcelona's system. That type of player is not really available and if he was, he was expensive. The problem with Ramsey is, he is a very specific player, with very clear massive strengths, and clear weaknesses. This means he is a probably an insanely good player when you build around him, but I'm not sure he is good enough if you don't to warrant that type of building.
if El Neny was not ready we could have bought Kouyate, even Imbula, we have the money.
Im really pissed off, because any and i mean ANY decent ball player midfielder will moonwalk into our team, yet we went for a guy that is not ready to even make the bench.

Reyes

if El Neny was not ready we could have bought Kouyate, even Imbula, we have the money.
Im really pissed off, because any and i mean ANY decent ball player midfielder will moonwalk into our team, yet we went for a guy that is not ready to even make the bench.

Yeah, that frustrates me as well. And that's no slacking El Neny, because I think he will come good. Kondogbia in the summer would have fit right in as well I think. For me, that was a mistake. He is a good player that seemed typical physical-but-still-Wengerish. And in this market, not even that expensive in hindsight.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, that frustrates me as well. And that's no slacking El Neny, because I think he will come good. Kondogbia in the summer would have fit right in as well I think. For me, that was a mistake. He is a good player that seemed typical physical-but-still-Wengerish. And in this market, not even that expensive in hindsight.

Kondogbia has been f*cking dreadful since he joined Inter. Bullet dodged.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Ramsey stayed behind the ball a bit more vs Saints but I'm not a fan of his game atm. The issue is that all the Wenger CM's have had one of the following qualities- a good first touch, the ability to tackle,the ability to receive the ball under pressure,the ability to dictate/break up play,the ability to carry the ball. Ramsey doesn't seem to excel in any of these areas. He also seems a bit brain dead getting ahead of the striker and just jogging back when we get countered. The goals have dried up and he's not closing the spaces when we need him to. He's literally and metaphorically all over the place to our detriment. He's playing like he was when the fans were on his back. I'd swap him for Rakitic if Barca would bite.

LordBump

You know, I'm from Australia.
I get up around 2am each game day to watch it live. Have done for decades. I travel to England to watch games every other year.

I've always noticed Ramseys bumbling short slow paced passes, I've noticed his terrible long ranged effort of passing. I've noticed his dribbling into trouble and losing the ball and I've noticed those pirouettes, kryuff turns backwards.

One of my trips to a game 1 thing really stood out, I think it was the City game where we won 1-0 with an Arteta goal, coulda been the 2-1 loss to Wigan, but,

At half time Ox and Ramsey were warming up sending short then long range passes. Oxs were perfectly one touch fast paced short passes and his long ranged ones were pinged, again one touch, arrow like a foot of the ground straight to Ramsey every rocking time, it was amazing to watch.

Ramsey on the other hand tried returning as a one touch but we're going all over the park. Others he had a hard time controlling then either top the ball or sky it, then his short passes were bumbling and bouncy with no pace. How can you do that at the emirates.

He can't even perform when there is no pressure.
He is not arsenal quality.
Özil must be scratching his head while he's juggling his chewy while watching Ramsey struggling with a ball at Colney

My little story.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
You know, I'm from Australia.
I get up around 2am each game day to watch it live. Have done for decades. I travel to England to watch games every other year.

I've always noticed Ramseys bumbling short slow paced passes, I've noticed his terrible long ranged effort of passing. I've noticed his dribbling into trouble and losing the ball and I've noticed those pirouettes, kryuff turns backwards.

One of my trips to a game 1 thing really stood out, I think it was the City game where we won 1-0 with an Arteta goal, coulda been the 2-1 loss to Wigan, but,

At half time Ox and Ramsey were warming up sending short then long range passes. Oxs were perfectly one touch fast paced short passes and his long ranged ones were pinged, again one touch, arrow like a foot of the ground straight to Ramsey every rocking time, it was amazing to watch.

Ramsey on the other hand tried returning as a one touch but we're going all over the park. Others he had a hard time controlling then either top the ball or sky it, then his short passes were bumbling and bouncy with no pace. How can you do that at the emirates.

He can't even perform when there is no pressure.
He is not arsenal quality.
Özil must be scratching his head while he's juggling his chewy while watching Ramsey struggling with a ball at Colney

My little story.

He's clearly a level below our other midfielders, barring Flamini, in terms of technical ability and I see where your coming from in terms of his shortcomings but in general I dont think he looks out of place in our midfield when we are fully operating our passing game especially with Santi in the side.

law90026

Established Member
Honestly, if a huge stupid offer comes in from Man City or Barcelona, I wouldn't be opposed to the club accepting it, provided it was going to be re-invested in the squad. Wait, what am I saying, we know that won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom