• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Aaron Ramsey

Date of birth: Dec 26, 1990 in Caerphilly, Wales.
National Team:
191.png
Wales
Height: 1,82 m
Contract until: 30.06.2018

Current Situation
Ups and downs in performances this season, we hope for him to find that elite form he sustained in the "purple patch" of the 2013/14 season.

Is he to be our primary midfielder, partnered with a proper player?
Or should he be tried once more at RW, where he roams free?

Either way, we all hope to see him reach his best, leading our midfield and scoring consistent goals.
Stats
5 goals and 3 assists in 2083 minutes played across all competitions.

9 games at RW, 14 games at CM.

Last edited:
Awful season so far, wait till the end of the season to see if he can pick up to a consistently effective level. If not, he needs to go. Sick of waiting around for years in order for players with 'potential' to finish flattering to deceive.

blaze_of_glory

I think if Santi can return this year we'll see Ramsey back at RW. May not be fair on Campbell, but I think that's what will happen. Probably stay at CM until then, unless Wenger really doesn't like what he sees with him playing next to Coq, in which case maybe it'll be Coq and El-Neny. But El-Neny is a bit of an unknown still, so that's pretty speculative.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Been a mixed season IMO for Ramsey. Sometimes I look at him and think he just tries to too hard to do too much and ends up undoing his good work. He'll do a great touch then a sh*t pass, or he'll take too long to make a decision or make the decision to quickly. I think he needs to calm down and focus sometimes when he's on the pitch. Keep it basic and play to his strengths. He's a good passer, decent technical level, great stamina, an adequate tackler and above all, he's ambitious. That, to me, stands him in good stead, and his amition and character will always make him an indispensable squad member in my eyes.

At this moment in time, he's falling back a little bit on his own ambitious play in an attempt to force his way into good form and he just needs to calm down a bit and just play his game. Just like Ox needs to calm down.

Highbury Rock City

The Flamini- partnership isn't really a fair way to valuate his talent, no. Would be interesting if he could cooperate alongside Coq, altough I'm still in favour of Cazorla atm.

Jazz

To be honest, I don't think you can properly judge anyone playing alongside Flamini in midfield. We'll see how he does alongside Coq for an extended period of time. Wouldn't surprise me if people go back to calling him the Welsh Jesus again.

blaze_of_glory

Nah, he does make things happen.

He pops up with goals and can cause chaos with his late runs, etc. Problem is he also can make big errors defensively, make the wrong decision on the ball, etc. And he's been doing the negative stuff too much lately.

Highbury Rock City

To be honest, I don't think you can properly judge anyone playing alongside Flamini in midfield. We'll see how he does alongside Coq for an extended period of time. Wouldn't surprise me if people go back to calling him the Welsh Jesus again.
Oh, how I miss Welsh Jesus
welsh-jesus.png

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He pops up with goals and can cause chaos with his late runs, etc. Problem is he also can make big errors defensively, make the wrong decision on the ball, etc. And he's been doing the negative stuff too much lately.
His ambition will always seem a gift and a curse simultaneously, but it does ensure there is a touch of maverick genius in his play in flashes. He does have it in him, but doesn't always have the conviction of an Alexis. It's all his composure.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Been a mixed season IMO for Ramsey. Sometimes I look at him and think he just tries to too hard to do too much and ends up undoing his good work. He'll do a great touch then a sh*t pass, or he'll take too long to make a decision or make the decision to quickly. I think he needs to calm down and focus sometimes when he's on the pitch. Keep it basic and play to his strengths. He's a good passer, decent technical level, great stamina, an adequate tackler and above all, he's ambitious. That, to me, stands him in good stead, and his amition and character will always make him an indispensable squad member in my eyes.

At this moment in time, he's falling back a little bit on his own ambitious play in an attempt to force his way into good form and he just needs to calm down a bit and just play his game. Just like Ox needs to calm down.
In theory, a more stable side (no Flamini mainly, but also return of Alexis) should not only give him less responsibilities, but also give him more confidence as the team's performance on the pitch improves. That would mean better games by him.

He needs a good team around him to be a good player, doesn't create much himself. As you said a while ago, he complements other players, but isn't the basis of complementing by others.

LordBump

Yep that's it, he is chaotic !
He makes these runs in the box that everyone applaudes, but rarely scores !
Yet he is poor defensively, and stunts our attack when he has the ball through poor passing and control.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In theory, a more stable side (no Flamini mainly, but also return of Alexis) should not only give him less responsibilities, but also give him more confidence as the team's performance on the pitch improves. That would mean better games by him.

He needs a good team around him to be a good player, doesn't create much himself. As you said a while ago, he complements other players, but isn't the basis of complementing by others.
Agree, and I do believe that he's at his best when he acts as a complement to other players and takes responsibility in that regard. That's when his passes start to come off, and his flicks come off and he doesn't completely expose the team. That element will always make him valuable.

I will say this though, Ramsey has been present in the vast majority of our big wins in the last few years.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

Can't read this. Too busy looking at your avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom