• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrcopp

I think the move to Juventus will be good for him, but I'm sad to see him go. Also, I think Emery's comments about Ramsey regarding the Blackpool match are telling.

Blackpool aren't the best competition, but I've always seen Ramsey's greatest potential as a stabilizing B2B. He may not have the positional and tactical discipline that we expect, but it is hard to gauge his potential in that area since he's been coached by Wenger for basically his entire career.

Emery seemed a little surprised by Ramsey's performance, but also his willingness to play a less glamorous position. For a player that loves to make runs into the box, do cheeky flicks, and play through balls, you'd think that he'd be frustrated and less effective in a deep role, but Ramsey isn't.

Due to Wenger's offensive approach and Wales's lack of quality up front, I think Ramsey has been unfairly pigeonholed as an AM/ST when that probably isn't his best position.

I wonder if Emery has realized this a bit late. I think a midfield 3 of Torreira, Xhaka, and Ramsey could be very effective.

And Juventus they'll definitely play him a bit deeper. This combined with their greater tactical discipline could really get the best out of him.

I completely agree with this. The Wales thing is spot on

During his purple patches what has always been evident is his work rate; making tackles in all areas of the pitch and getting back to cover certain areas.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
True about Wilshere but there's the rumours about wanting a pay rise. He chose to go on loan for himself. He didn't extend even for 1 year to give us a fee. When he was injured he was seen out and about smoking,at clubs and hiding from the police. He never seemed to have Ramsey's application or dedication to be the best he could. Ox was a big kid and Theo was arrogant enough to think he couldn't improve. Massive respect for Ramsey who deserves some kind of testimonial imo.

The days of testimonials are pretty much gone now footballers earn the money they do.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Due to Wenger's offensive approach and Wales's lack of quality up front, I think Ramsey has been unfairly pigeonholed as an AM/ST when that probably isn't his best position.

I wonder if Emery has realized this a bit late. I think a midfield 3 of Torreira, Xhaka, and Ramsey could be very effective.

And Juventus they'll definitely play him a bit deeper. This combined with their greater tactical discipline could really get the best out of him.

I'm pretty sure he'll be utilised as his 12/13-14/15 version in Juve, he had the perfect balance in 13/14 season and that's when his game is at it's best; when he can do everything.. He's best as a #8.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I wish him the best because he's always at least made an effort here but it's going to be hilarious to see CR7's reaction the first time Ramsey ignores him in favor of some dreadful off balance shot that goes into row Zed.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Emery confuses me, seems like he rates Ramsey more than Özil yet has decided to lose former.

Only theory that explains this is that he likes Ramsey's legs but doesn't like his football ability and likes Özil's ability (who doesn't?) but can not accommodate his lack of legs.

Maybe he just needs a player who can run like Ramsey that will come without the end product, hence making them a cheaper option than Ramsey while allowing us to carry Özil in the team?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
People will still tell you (gooners at this) that Ramsey is crap. Some of his attributes are some of the best you will find in world football. He'll do brilliantly at Juventus. We can get better behind him, but it angers me when his contributions over the last decade are undermined.

Excellent servant, fantastic player and all the best to him. He must play in London derbies in my opinion and still has a role to play this season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Emery confuses me, seems like he rates Ramsey more than Özil yet has decided to lose former.

Only theory that explains this is that he likes Ramsey's legs but doesn't like his football ability and likes Özil's ability (who doesn't?) but can not accommodate his lack of legs.
Very good, lad. Very good. It's like if Michael Owen smoked the dankness.

Leeroy1979

I completely agree with this. The Wales thing is spot on

During his purple patches what has always been evident is his work rate; making tackles in all areas of the pitch and getting back to cover certain areas.
The wales thing is spot on. Comes from necessity to cram the best players Wales have into the same side to make up for the lack of depth. Coleman played him further forward as joe Allen occupies that deeper role and is far less effective than Ramsey further up Also with bale being given a more or less free role Ramsey often ends up in the 10 role supporting whatever striker Wales pick

ptrcopp

The wales thing is spot on. Comes from necessity to cram the best players Wales have into the same side to make up for the lack of depth. Coleman played him further forward as joe Allen occupies that deeper role and is far less effective than Ramsey further up Also with bale being given a more or less free role Ramsey often ends up in the 10 role supporting whatever striker Wales pick

Often it appears the both Ramsey and Bale have free roles behind the Striker and in front of the defensive midfielders.

ptrcopp

Often appears that way a short they are the only decent players we have lol

But they do very wel it making everyone else look amazing. You mentioned Allen, who really does look good for awakes, and Robson-Kanu and Vokes as strikers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom