• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not sure why some consider Ramsey untouchable. He's brilliant at times, lackluster at others. If he's not going to sign a new deal, sell him and get somebody better. Hell, swap him for Pogba. He doesn't seem to be getting along with Mourinho. :D

Gegen Pressing

Pogba the journeyman and most impressive haircut in the retirement league is now symbol of Mou's second season syndrome and sharp decline.
But Having been scammed 50M ourselves for another average frenchie we will show compassion and restraint on the matter.
... Hell, swap him for Pogba. He doesn't seem to be getting along with Mourinho. :D

scytheavatar

Established Member
Not sure why some consider Ramsey untouchable. He's brilliant at times, lackluster at others. If he's not going to sign a new deal, sell him and get somebody better. Hell, swap him for Pogba. He doesn't seem to be getting along with Mourinho. :D

Pogba has been like Rooney at his worst levels of bad for Utd....... not even Xhaka at his worst has reached those levels of bad.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Pogba the journeyman and most impressive haircut in the retirement league is now symbol of Mou's second season syndrome and sharp decline.
But Having been scammed 50M ourselves for another average frenchie we will show compassion and restraint on the matter.

Pogba has been like Rooney at his worst levels of bad for Utd....... not even Xhaka at his worst has reached those levels of bad.

Well, Mkhitaryan wasn't so good with Mourinho either. Pogba was fantastic at Juventus (ask Buffon about him) and was named Best Young Player at the 2014 World Cup. He's one of the most talented players in the world. He's just at the wrong club playing for the wrong coach.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Pogba under right management is twice the player Ramsey could ever dream to be, no doubt about it. However, i like Ramsey and no way José would ever considering sell to us.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Pogba under right management is twice the player Ramsey could ever dream to be, no doubt about it.

That's ridiculous. Pogba showed some fantastic things at Juve, but nothing Ramsey hasn't shown here at times. He was the free roamer in a midfield three, no defensive duties, shielded with one of the best defences around, in a league his team walked every season. No serious longterm injuries.

Best young player at WC2014 is utter BS, it's been awarded only three times and the only absolute standout performance is Thomas Muller in 2010 with 5 goals/3 assists. Pogba dominated **** all in 2014.

At Utd, he's been a disappointment, nothing less. Is it down to Mourinho...whatever.

All the frenchie has done is cost a fortune and hire a pr company to make him a hip trendsetter with the younger generations to generate more money for everyone involved. In no way has he fulfilled his Juve days promise at Utd or done anything of note in the english league - while Ramsey has dragged Wales into EC semi-finals, made team of the tournament (with Payet and Griezmann being the french top performers and not Pogba) and decided two FA finals for Arsenal.

Stop wanking off other teams' players, especially when they haven't shown anything of note. Saying Kroos is better, or Modric or Khedira...sure. But, if you just blend out the hype, not Pogba.

It's the same with Verratti. So many rave about him, but when I see him in the CL he's nowhere near what you'd suspect going by the love for him. He's been walking the french league in a billionaire squad for years. And once they had a proper opponent, Monaco, they got beat.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
That's ridiculous. Pogba showed some fantastic things at Juve, but nothing Ramsey hasn't shown here at times. He was the free roamer in a midfield three, no defensive duties, shielded with one of the best defences around, in a league his team walked every season. No serious longterm injuries.

Best young player at WC2014 is utter BS, it's been awarded only three times and the only absolute standout performance is Thomas Muller in 2010 with 5 goals/3 assists. Pogba dominated **** all in 2014.

At Utd, he's been a disappointment, nothing less. Is it down to Mourinho...whatever.

All the frenchie has done is cost a fortune and hire a pr company to make him a hip trendsetter with the younger generations to generate more money for everyone involved. In no way has he fulfilled his Juve days promise at Utd or done anything of note in the english league - while Ramsey has dragged Wales into EC semi-finals, made team of the tournament (with Payet and Griezmann being the french top performers and not Pogba) and decided two FA finals for Arsenal.

Stop wanking off other teams' players, especially when they haven't shown anything of note. Saying Kroos is better, or Modric or Khedira...sure. But, if you just blend out the hype, not Pogba.

It's the same with Verratti. So many rave about him, but when I see him in the CL he's nowhere near what you'd suspect going by the love for him. He's been walking the french league in a billionaire squad for years. And once they had a proper opponent, Monaco, they got beat.

I suppose who you rate depends on whether you're able to look at things objectively or only through Arsenal-colored glasses. Few beyond Arsenal fans would rate Ramsey as a better player than Pogba (I don't even believe that Mourinho really does, he's just being petty).

Not only is Pogba far and away a more commanding physical presence and more athletic, he's a superior player in nearly every area of the game. About the only thing Ramsey does better is score goals. Even as Pogba struggles in Mourinho's system and tries to deal with his manager's head games, his superiority over Ramsey is borne out statistically. Take ons, chances created, key passes, forward passes, aerial duels. Even their pass completion rate is virtually identical despite Pogba's average pass length being almost two meters longer.

But you don't need statistics to see it if you're just willing to look. Plus, Pogba is two years younger.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I suppose who you rate depends on whether you're able to look at things objectively or only through Arsenal-colored glasses. Few beyond Arsenal fans would rate Ramsey as a better player than Pogba (I don't even believe that Mourinho really does, he's just being petty).

Not only is Pogba far and away a more commanding physical presence and more athletic, he's a superior player in nearly every area of the game. About the only thing Ramsey does better is score goals. Even as Pogba struggles in Mourinho's system and tries to deal with his manager's head games, his superiority over Ramsey is borne out statistically. Take ons, chances created, key passes, forward passes, aerial duels. Even their pass completion rate is virtually identical despite Pogba's average pass length being almost two meters longer.

But you don't need statistics to see it if you're just willing to look. Plus, Pogba is two years younger.

Statswise they are really close in almost all departments. Sometimes one is slightly ahead, sometimes the other.

pogba is surely the technically superior player in terms of skill on the ball and first touch as well as physicality. But I think that's what's a bit deceiving, including the allround atmosphere and image of these two guys.

Ramsey has the better engine, his offensive movement off the ball is better, his positioning is better, and, at least for me, he's shown a stronger mentality.

Now, I will admit as much as that pogba looks superior because he's got more flair to his game. He might even be the more naturally talented of the two. But in terms of what they've actually achieved on the pitch, Ramsey is, to both club and country, the more important one and has done more than pogba.

With pogba there's so much hype and media deception going on. He's an adidas icon, he's flashy, he's been hyped up ever since, he's in with the young generation, blabla. Ramsey is the rather quiet guy from Wales whose most daunting public action was to dye his hair blond for a month. To each his own, but don't let that get into your thinking. And I truly believe that pogba being constantly in the public eye for whatever reasons and the hype created around him since his breakthrough are actually working in his favour when assessed.

I just looked at the stats, and they suggest they're very similar players on a very similar level. But the difference to me is, Ramsey, given the context, has achieved more and is the more influential player for the teams he's played in. Even if you consider Ramseys 13/14 form a purple patch (and in terms of output it slightly was), but if pogba is so much better than him why hasn't he shown anything that comes near to that dominant stretch of play in England? If he's so clearly better, why isn't he doing it on a regular basis? Why hasn't he done it just once? Because he just isn't that good.

I mean, pogba is still regarded as the man in the french NT, but really it's been Griezmann all those past years now. Matuidi and Dembele were running that midfield. He's walked the Serie A a couple of times, but in the challenging situation at Utd he's just shown mental weakness thus far.

By the way with mentioning Utd: Someone who rated Ramsey highly and thought of him as "one that got away" when he couldn't sign him, was SAF.

I surely don't wear Arsenal tinted glasses saying Ramsey is one of the world's top, top CMs. There's a couple of superior players out there, of course, but I just think pogba, while clearly being a very good player, isn't one of them or that he has shown anything Ramsey couldn't do. pogba is overrated - not in terms of being truly ****e, but in that he's just not as good as a lot of people seem to think.

I don't want to get in a massive compare and contrast thingy with you, I just think pogba's assessment is heavily influenced by his media persona and that he's overrated, and that him and Ramsey are very good players on a similar level - but not wordlcass atm - , with both having the potential to be even better, but with the Welshman a good stretch ahead right now.

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
You won’t see this level of bias even in RAWK :lol::lol:

Pogba is better in every aspect that is important for the position as a CM.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Mentality is an area where Pogba seriously lacks tho, which obviously means a lot in today's football but other than that there's no contest between the two.

Ramsey is as average as they come. Had 3-4 good games this season, and deluded fans think he's been our best player, lmao.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Guys come on, you may argue that one is underrated and the other is overrated, at the most you can say mentality or consistency wise Ramsey is the more solid..

But for a CM, Pogba is not only the more talented, he's simply better at everything except probably the engine of Ramsey which is crazy.

Pogba is brutally overrated. I have no idea why. Ramsey beats him at everything bar maybe technique but even then Ramsey has had moments of brilliant technique Pogba can only dream of.

Never seen anyone overrated like Pogba. Must be kids who only thing he is good because of his haircuts.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
For those asking for a Ramsey-Pogba swap: We can't afford to accommodate someone like Pogba, when we already have Özil as starting eleven material. Both those players are best in freer roles, even if they are entirely different in their skillsets. Nevermind that none of our other midfielders, bar maybe an in-form Elneny, are actually defensively reliable. So in order to accommodate Özil we already need a disciplined midfield - Pogba would ruin that. And please, no more Özil on the right and what not and let's not also forget that someone like Mkhitaryan would demand a starting spot.

Pogba (and player in his mould for that matter) has no place at Arsenal as long as Özil is here.

Zaza

If there's any of our CM options that is easily replaceable, then it's Jack. I'd rather give Ramsey a 250k pw wage and make him captain. My eyes are open now. I also felt Ramsey was overrated but not anymore. World class when 100 percent fit.
Only advantage to swapping Pogba for Ramsey is we can finally get a full on Destroyer like Coq, Ndidi, etc. Pogba is much superior in the technique department.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we give Ramsey a big contract, how much of it will he spend injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom