• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Ramsey has had good press. Maybe his exploits with Wales have helped out. Maybe sympathy (except in the Potteries) for how he suffered that horrible leg-break and has rebuilt his career... I don't know.

But he is a proven premiership player. Despite his injuries he has a record of one in six over nearly 250 games, some of these have been "showy". If he sometimes goes AWOL he has also sometimes shone against top clubs, hence the reported interest, at various points in his career, from Barcelona, Manu, Chelsea and Liverpool. Liverpool paid over £50 million for Keita and nearly £40 million for Fabinho. And we all know there is a premium on British players.

So if we'd sold at the right time we should easily have managed to get £50 million for Ramsey.

GBLShorty

First Post :)

We would be lucky to get £10m in January i read today that he wants to double his wage which would be £220k a week, i think hes worth 200k a week if Lacazette is worth that.

I could understand us being reluctant if he wanted a wage like Ozils.

Rouski

Is there actually any serious source to him wanting that? Where do the 130,000 come from? Some ****ter bellend?

If he gets a new contract he will surely earn more, but at this point there could be numerous reasons for stalling talks, not just his wage demands. Like someone else mentioned, after a decade under one manager and rumours a few years back about him being fed up with Arsenal's medical staff, maybe before committing his longterm future and his prime years he first wants to see how it pans out with a new manager and new staff.

You're reading the post wrong, no one said he is asking for 130,000, reports say he wants 200,000 +, at that level you're talking one of the best paid midfielders in the world. A four or five year contract would be 45 to 55 million.

Yeah, it could be a different reason for stalling the contract but it looks like he is stalling so he is in a stronger negotiating position.

GBLShorty

You're reading the post wrong, no one said he is asking for 130,000, reports say he wants 200,000 +, at that level you're talking one of the best paid midfielders in the world. A four or five year contract would be 45 to 55 million.

Yeah, it could be a different reason for stalling the contract but it looks like he is stalling so he is in a stronger negotiating position.

200-220k is fine by me, the media tried to make it sound like he wanted Özil wages.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
He's not worth much more than what he's being paid at the moment. If he goes to 200k half the team will follow him there. Without massive, and I mean MASSIVE, new cash-flows this is simply unaffordable.

I understand why he is stalling but I don't understand why the club has allowed him to stall. Do we never learn?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He's not worth much more than what he's being paid at the moment. If he goes to 200k half the team will follow him there. Without massive, and I mean MASSIVE, new cash-flows this is simply unaffordable.

I understand why he is stalling but I don't understand why the club has allowed him to stall. Do we never learn?

Its difficult, if we don't have clubs placing bids for him then we don't really have any choice but wait for him. If he chooses to stall what can we do? We can bench him or play him, that's pretty much all we can do.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Its difficult, if we don't have clubs placing bids for him then we don't really have any choice but wait for him. If he chooses to stall what can we do? We can bench him or play him, that's pretty much all we can do.
It is now. But teams have also traditionally offered players to other teams and also, in more recent times, worked with agents to flog players off.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It is now. But teams have also traditionally offered players to other teams and also, in more recent times, worked with agents to flog players off.

Maybe traditionally we had players worth poaching, perhaps that's what's changed. I don't think we've had any serious interest for Ramsey, when he gets to his last 6 months and the price is next to nothing, we'll probably get some offers. Ramsey is a good player but not good enough to attract a decent fee when he's in his final season.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I feel like losing flamini on a free (end of 07/08 season) was harder to take than if Ramsey does the same.

The only downside is missing out on a decent fee and replacing the half a dozen goals he gets a season.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Maybe traditionally we had players worth poaching, perhaps that's what's changed. I don't think we've had any serious interest for Ramsey, when he gets to his last 6 months and the price is next to nothing, we'll probably get some offers. Ramsey is a good player but not good enough to attract a decent fee when he's in his final season.
My point all along is that it shouldn't have got to this. He should have signed or been sold in the summer.

Can't prove it but if we were the club trying to buy Ramsey I'm sure people wouldn't bat an eyelid if we were quoted £40 million. Just see what is being paid out there for players with lower profiles than Ramsey.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
My point all along is that it shouldn't have got to this. He should have signed or been sold in the summer.

Can't prove it but if we were the club trying to buy Ramsey I'm sure people wouldn't bat an eyelid if we were quoted £40 million. Just see what is being paid out there for players with lower profiles than Ramsey.

tbf I don't see why a big club would spend so much on Ramsey when you can easily find a superior player for that fee in Europe. And they're already stacked with good midfielders. Unless they're desperate for a homegrown player.
Liverpool got Keita cheaper who is imo a much better player even if they have different qualities.
Smaller clubs like Everton might spend big on Ramsey but I'm not sure Aaron would be interested to play for a smaller club.

Chelsea => Kanté Jorginho Kovacic, all 3 are way better than Ramsey.
City => :lol:
Liverpool => with the additions of Fabinho and Keita they have everything they need in midfield
Man Utd => Pogba Matic Fred they don't need him

And I don't see a single club outside the PL who is willing to spend £30M+ for Ramsey and pay his wage.
Maybe a club like Juventus could take him for free and offer him a contract in 6 months.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Just look at what we paid for Xhaka. And that was two seasons ago.

Look at the prices Chelsea and Liverpool have paid for goalkeepers. We've paid £20 million for a keeper who graces our bench.

It seems to me people end up believing their own hype and in the process downgrading our expectations when we sell and then over extolling the virtues of players till we buy them - just wait for the Sokratis negative bandwagon when it starts rolling - after which they become crap. Look at the comments on Xhaka before and after we bought him.

People here may largely not like Ramsey but there will be managers out there, professionals, who will see the good parts of his game and hope they can work on the weaknesses. That's football. One teams disaster is another teams saviour.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

Look at the prices Chelsea and Liverpool have paid for goalkeepers. We've paid £20 million for a keeper who graces our bench.

It seems to me people end up believing their own hype and in the process downgrading our expectations when we sell and then over extolling the virtues of players till we buy them - just wait for the Sokratis negative bandwagon when it starts rolling - after which they become crap. Look at the comments on Xhaka before and after we bought him.

People here may largely not like Ramsey but there will be managers out there, professionals, who will see the good parts of his game and hope they can work on the weaknesses. That's football. One teams disaster is another teams saviour.

Xhaka was a young captain who was just included in the team of the year in la Bundesliga and his contract was a long term one.
And also Bayern was sniffing around.
Liverpool has paid a premium fee for one of the top 3 prospect at GK in the world who was linked to the biggest clubs in Europe.
For Chelsea it's a weird one. They had no choice but to pay the RC to get him.

Tbf I don't see where Ramsey would be anything more than a bench player in a top club in Europe.
He has less than a year left on his contract and there hasn't been serious interests from club who can afford him. So there's no competition to drive the price up.
He's an injury prone player too.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Xhaka was a young captain who was just included in the team of the year in la Bundesliga and his contract was a long term one.
Liverpool has paid a premium fee for one of the top 3 prospect at GK in the world who was linked to the biggest clubs in Europe.

Tbf I don't see where Ramsey would be anything more than a bench player in a top club in Europe.
He has less than a year left on his contract and there hasn't been serious interests from club who can afford him. So there's no competition to drive the price up.
Interesting avatar. Recently being paid £100k a week for two years without kicking a ball.

Kind of shows you what the market does these days.

Sniffing around Xhaka who 90% of people on this site seem to think is useless. They might sniff around Ramsey too.

Lot of teams with lots of money these days. Everton paid £40 million for Richarlison. But we can't find a buyer for Ramsey. On a free to Barcelona who will immediately slap a £60 million buy-out clause on him. Worthless at Arsenal though.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

Ramsey would start for United,

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Interesting avatar. Recently being paid £100k a week for two years without kicking a ball.

And it was a huge mistake from the club even though he was my favorite arsenal player since RVP.

Sniffing around Xhaka who 90% of people on this site seem to think is useless. They might sniff around Ramsey too.

When he was included in the bundesliga team of the year, yes.
Which isn't Ramsey's case.

Lot of teams with lots of money these days. Everton paid £40 million for Richarlison. But we can't find a buyer for Ramsey. On a free to Barcelona who will immediately slap a £60 million buy-out clause on him. Worthless at Arsenal though.

Not so much. Outside the premier league it isn't the case.
Team that have money don't need ramsey they already have better players.

And yes, you're just saying what I've been saying for months. Maybe a club like Barcelona or Juventus might take him on a free as a bench player at best.
But they won't pay a 30M+ fee for him.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member

Ramsey is no longer young, he is no Chamberlain. He is past the stage where you can expect to coach his weaknesses out of him. What you see from him now is what you will see from him in another club. He is a victim of us clinging onto Wenger for so long and not providing him with a manager who can coach some discipline into him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom