• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Turned down 50m and now contract talks breaks down, smh.. Should have sold if we couldn't have agreed on a new contract during the summer.

It's John Cross though so it's probably way off.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Deary me

Don’t care that he’s leaving but we should have got some money for all the development we did

Belgian_Gooner

Based on his performances lately i'm glad the club hasn't given in to his demands. Doesn't seem to really fit the new manager's system either.

Think he'll end up at Everton next season, that's his level now.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We probably would‘ve sold him like we sold Oxlade-Chamberlain if there was interest.

It says a lot that Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd all signed midfielders for huge sums and ignored Ramsey on his last year of his contract.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Sami Mokbel from DailyMail is saying the same.
If this is true, then we don't have to play him at Nr.10 anymore.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well emery likes ramsey he see him very important player in the squad so the club will need give him new contract. If Emery didn't fancy him we could have sold him for 30-40M in summer and bought replacement

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Here's Mokbel's article.

Honestly, I'm not bothered if he leaves. Good player. Not great. Not worth what he was reportedly demanding. I wish Arsenal had gone ahead and sold him and replaced him in the summer, but what is is. Would be nice if they could get something out of him in January rather than having him leave for free. Plus, if things aren't good between Ramsey and the club, it could have a negative effect. Makes me wonder if it wasn't Gazidis who was set on keeping him in the first place.

Hopefully now they'll play Özil at the 10 and Micki on the right.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Here's Mokbel's article.

Honestly, I'm not bothered if he leaves. Good player. Not great. Not worth what he was reportedly demanding. I wish Arsenal had gone ahead and sold him and replaced him in the summer, but what is is. Would be nice if they could get something out of him in January rather than having him leave for free. Plus, if things aren't good between Ramsey and the club, it could have a negative effect. Makes me wonder if it wasn't Gazidis who was set on keeping him in the first place.

Hopefully now they'll play Özil at the 10 and Micki on the right.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't have minded selling him in the summer to facilitate a move for a winger, if we can get something for him in January then I'd be happy with that.

Stannis

From a purely playing sense I’m not fussed as Özil will be here for a while, and both together don’t work, especially as Ramsey seems fixated on being a false 9

From a sentimental point of view this sucks especially if he ends up at another PL team. We have lost a lot of identity these past couple of years, and while a lot of it had to be lost, Ramsey was one of the few players in recent years that has achievements to speak off. Plus I think he will do well in the right setup

I don’t think it’s all lost though as Cross also said Özil would be gone. Though It is true that beyond his quality, Özil has a massive brand value in terms of fan base and merchandise that Ramsey doesn’t, especially in emerging markets.

Personally I reckon the source of this leak is Ramsey’s manager and he is known for being a prick. The club wouldn’t leak this to be released after a game.

Multipass

I’d like to see Ramsey stay. His absence won’t be missed day to day, but it’s in the high pressure games that his class has come through. Having said that, Ramsey at no.10 hasn’t been working this season, and if he is not going to sign then may as well use his as a squad player only.

LG10

Takes 8-10 games to find form, injury prone, doesn't suit emery's system. No point giving him a big money contract.

If you could get a fully fit and firing Ramsey for 30+ games a season you give him whatever he wants. He'll never be able to offer us that kind of consistency unfortunately.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I know that im a big fan and all but seriously?
He is an Arsenal boy, he produces numbers, he was key in 2 of our last 3 trophies, he can defend, he can attack, he can score goals, he can find spaces, he can assist, i mean.
I has moments of absolute brillance, i know he is not the most flashy to the camera, and he is not a social media personality, but seriously?

I havent heard one single valid argument on why we should let him go... if he wants to leave i can understand that, there are probably 5 teams that are in a better position and are more attractive than us in witch he can walk into the starting eleven, but to heard an Arsenal fan trying to justify the pain that it would mean losing Aaron Ramsey hurts me.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Personally, I'm not fussed too much either way.

He is an Arsenal boy, he produces numbers, he was key in 2 of our last 3 trophies, he can defend, he can attack, he can score goals, he can find spaces, he can assist, i mean.
I has moments of absolute brillance, i know he is not the most flashy to the camera, and he is not a social media personality, but seriously?

I havent heard one single valid argument on why we should let him go... if he wants to leave i can understand that, there are probably 5 teams that are in a better position and are more attractive than us in witch he can walk into the starting eleven, but to heard an Arsenal fan trying to justify the pain that it would mean losing Aaron Ramsey hurts me.
He'll go to Utd if they sell Pogba. Mourinho would love him. Sarri and Klopp would also be happy with his energy. Doubt if $ity or Totten$hit need him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Then he should go , he hasn't got many years left , if he can got to a better team with better pay he should , owes it to himself.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
No one wanted to pay 60m for Sanchez but We turned down a 50m bid for Aaron Ramsey? Yh right.
We’ll definitely bottle it and give him a 250k/w contract after he scores a few tap ins in the coming weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom