• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Unconfirmed reports in Italy that we rejected 10M euros bid from juve for Ramsey.
If our money issues are as bad as we're being led to believe, I'm not sure we have a choice but to accept a deal like that. It's not like we're making much use out of Ramsey as things stand anyways.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If our money issues are as bad as we're being led to believe, I'm not sure we have a choice but to accept a deal like that. It's not like we're making much use out of Ramsey as things stand anyways.
We need to ask for more if juve are desperate we should ask for 15-20M. Or 10M plus a player on loan.

Leeroy1979

If we could get £10-15m for Ramsey now, I'd definitely sell.
I agree. We may as well get something for him rather than hugger all. I'd be more inclined to push through a deal for rugani or benatia to help us at the back but I'd take the money, especially if Suarez is coming in

HBL

Established Member
I agree. We may as well get something for him rather than hugger all. I'd be more inclined to push through a deal for rugani or benatia to help us at the back but I'd take the money, especially if Suarez is coming in
Yeah I also hope that's what we're trying to do. Benatia is solid and is a better defender than anyone we have currently.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Seems very unlikely that the financially prudent Juventus would spend 15m for something or somebody that becomes free in 6 months. In the unlikely even that they were prepared to give us money or a player for Ramsey, we should take it, seeing as we barely use him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Come again? We missed out on two league titles because we had Giroud leading the line instead of RVP, in 12/13 and 13/14 the team was crying out for a striker, when RVP was scoring 30+ goals for United

You think we did better after he left. I wonder what we could have achieved if he stayed

"He landed where he wanted to go" I don't think there was a choice for us. Based on what was said around the time I get the impression that Fabregas had already agreed to go to or was talking to Chelsea by the time we found out he was available
Not true. The point of the buy back was that we got first refusal. We said no and a deal with Chelsea was done quickly. I suspect Cesc knew Wenger wouldn't have him back as he once said that theirs was a relationship he would have liked to maintain suggesting Wenger cut him off after he left.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We may not be using Ramsey but squad depth is important. Better to get CL or win the EL and get no fee instead of selling him now and having no top 4 challenge.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
We may not be using Ramsey but squad depth is important. Better to get CL or win the EL and get no fee instead of selling him now and having no top 4 challenge.

This 1000%. The money we get won't make a difference as it won't be significant in the sense as it won't be the difference in getting a top end player or not that can drag us to top 4 (Arshavin like signing). However not having a player who on his day can be a game changing sub/and or provides the tactical flexibility option to Emery like we saw vs Chelsea would be huge in the race for top 4 or further down in the EL knockouts. Finally you back him over everyone to step up in a potential final (EL or FA) too.

Juve's money does more harm than good overall. Keeping Ramsey until the end of the season is the only option.

blaze_of_glory

You look at how he played yesterday (and in a more than a few other games this year) and you have to wonder why Emery hasn't wanted to keep him. Seems like Ramsey could be a huge asset given how Emery seems to want the team to play.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
You look at how he played yesterday (and in a more than a few other games this year) and you have to wonder why Emery hasn't wanted to keep him. Seems like Ramsey could be a huge asset given how Emery seems to want the team to play.

Agreed but I doubt Ramsey would be willing to stay and sign on and stay being demoted to a bench/rotation option at AFC at this stage of his career (although surely he doesn't expect to be starting at Juve :lol:) and his wage demands aren't what we should be paying a bench player either.

pikey2000

I don't think Emery holds all the cards anymore when it comes to who comes and goes, think that is well documented.

He plays him quite often both as a starter and from the bench so i'd guess he likes him and given a choice would have chose kept him.

Thats the setup we have now, and is the setup in most clubs now, the "Coach" will have his say on who he likes/dislikes wants to sign/sale but that is all it is, an opinion, its not the Wenger era anymore where he was the major decision maker, unfortunately or fortunately depending on your outlook.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Must say that before Emery even started here I thought Ramsey would be his favourite player.
Can't understand why this didn't pan out to be honest.
I'm on the fence here though. Always have been with aaron,.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't think Emery holds all the cards anymore when it comes to who comes and goes, think that is well documented.

He plays him quite often both as a starter and from the bench so i'd guess he likes him and given a choice would have chose kept him.

Thats the setup we have now, and is the setup in most clubs now, the "Coach" will have his say on who he likes/dislikes wants to sign/sale but that is all it is, an opinion, its not the Wenger era anymore where he was the major decision maker, unfortunately or fortunately depending on your outlook.
And yet Sven is leaving we are "told" mainly because of the influence of Sanllehi but he was also said to be alarmed by Emery's increasing influence over transfer policy. As with a lot of things,we seem to fall between two stools.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

There's so much bollocks and misunderstanding about a non-one man setup being said it's ridiculous.

Even in a multi leadership club, you won't be just sold off based on the decision on the DoF or CEO against the will of the manager if you're a set part of the team, unless you've only 1 year on your contract left or a ridiculous offer comes in - and in that case the coach/manager knows the rules of the transfer market is very likely prepared for this to happen.

If you really know nothing about such clubs and only know how Arsenal has been run under Wenger and then take your main knowledge off of Tweets you better not say anything at all.

pikey2000

There's so much bollocks and misunderstanding about a non-one man setup being said it's ridiculous.

Even in a multi leadership club, you won't be just sold off based on the decision on the DoF or CEO against the will of the manager if you're a set part of the team, unless you've only 1 year on your contract left or a ridiculous offer comes in - and in that case the coach/manager knows the rules of the transfer market is very likely prepared for this to happen.

If you really know nothing about such clubs and only know how Arsenal has been run under Wenger and then take your main knowledge off of Tweets you better not say anything at all.

I'm not so sure, potentially you are right with reference the integral players in a team not being sold without managers consent, and in that respect perhaps you are right and Emery has sanctioned the retraction of Ramsey's contract, however thats pure speculation and the simple fact is that you don't know any better than I or anyone else does where the decision making responsibility lies in our club or any other club.

My take on the Ramsey situation is based on Emery's comments and actions, which have in the main been positive, he's openly said he rates Ramsey when he joined the club and he continues to use him even when the contract was retracted and when he has signed for another club, I don't see any indication that he doesn't rate Ramsey and is happy he is leaving therefore "I" assume that the decision to retract was not his.

Regards signing players, i'm more sure that these dealings are being done above Emery's level, I base that on the way the club has structured itself post Wenger i.e despite Mislintat leaving they clearly moved staff into the club to deal with identifying players and dealing with negotiations, I see other clubs adopting the same policy for example Sarri's recent comments re: the Pulisic signing, where he said he didn't realise they had signed Pulisic until the day before it happened and that he had been asked to voice his opinion on the player, which he did, but that was it, for me this is a clear indication of where clubs are moving i.e the manager coaches the side and sets the tactics/lineup/style of play, and then there is a team of staff dealing with incomings and outgoings to help support the manager in his targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom