• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I always thought that the Ramsey or Wilshere problem would be solved only when one of them leaves. Sort of how the Ox/Bellerin choice was resolved,

We shouldn't be choosing between Ramsey and Wilshere in the first place. A top club would expect both of them to compete in the squad. Anyway if it is a choice between the two, in footballing terms it's hardly sensible to pick Wilshere over Ramsey. As of yet Wilshere is a player who produces moments of quality play but does not control games or change games with end product, while Ramsey does have the end product at least.

Anyway, they should both stay. They shouldn't be nailed on starters, but they should be in the squad competing with each other under a new manager.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I could see a PSG making a move.

Not enough money for his wages in Italy.

Not good enough for the big two in Spain.

Not disciplined enough at CM for any manager apart from Wenger in the domestic top six. Wenger seems to get a kick out of these players but they cost managers their job at other clubs going for CL each season.

Can't see him starting for PSG over the likes of Veratti or Rabiot. I don't give much credence to the 20 M number price tag but having said that, I would not against selling Ramsey and replacing him with a solid, disciplined and creative CM. I would sell Xhaka as well and rebuild out CM. Those two are misfits and are simply not good enough.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I‘m glad he‘s being sold but we should be getting more than that.

I mean Oxlade-Chamberlain was £40m with a similar contract.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
We shouldn't be choosing between Ramsey and Wilshere in the first place. A top club would expect both of them to compete in the squad. Anyway if it is a choice between the two, in footballing terms it's hardly sensible to pick Wilshere over Ramsey. As of yet Wilshere is a player who produces moments of quality play but does not control games or change games with end product, while Ramsey does have the end product at least.

Anyway, they should both stay. They shouldn't be nailed on starters, but they should be in the squad competing with each other under a new manager.
The sad state of Arsenal F.C. (Arsenal Finances and Commerce).
Instead of having great squad depth we look to balance our budget by selling players to bring in new ones. Its as if someone forgot to tell the club that this isn’t 2006-09 and the Emirates has been paid off for. There is no need to sell your top players and instead winning stuff will make up for buying new guys.

Arsenal take one step forward but two steps back (Auba in was accompanied by Giroud and Sanchez out, and we lost a lot of goals between those two)

Also, it's a slightly different case for Sp**s because they were proactive in signing replacements like Sanchez and Foyth before even losing Alderweireld.
Davinson Sanchez has Real/Barca written all over him. Yes the contract till 2023 could be an issue but I can see him going near 2020-21.

That was a great buy from Sp**s and even better tying him down to a six year deal. Arsenal should have hijacked that deal.

As for Ramsey’s prospects in the PL. I can see Liverpool and Chelsea getting him and possibly using him well. United under Jose probably won’t want him.

Stannis

Liverpool are doing what we should have being doing

If anything we have swapped positions with them and

At the time I really wanted us to go for Klopp and I have no doubt he would have picked us if we offered. The trajectories of the club since are obvious

Wenger really has to leave this season, it’s incredibly depressing

And make no doubt about, if fit Ramsey will be amazing under a new coach. People can be quite and shy yet still love the club. Just because jack is a loudmouth doesn’t mean he loves the club more or less. Actions determine that.

People seem to forget that before this season jack barely posted anything arsenal related and related any mention of arsenal in his social media bios both before and after his loan.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We can't be fed up with our manager and fed up with our players. That's too much to be fed up with. We'd all tie a brick round our feet and jump into a pond if we were fed up with everything all the time. I'd rather be fed up with the manager and hope for improvements from our players under a new manager than have to think about replacing everyone.

Yes, you can. Whatever you think of the manager, the players are the ones who are out there making mistakes, failing to mark on set pieces and simply not being good enough. If there's a new manager, he should be able to sort through and replace any and as many players as he deems not good enough or not committed enough. How can you possibly watch what's going on in the first half against Brighton and not be fed up with the players? The truth is, Arsenal has probably been overachieving for a long time considering a lower level of talent than the ones who spoiled everyone a decade ago and more. But this year they're not. They're just simply not good enough.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Losing players consistently for under market value. Coutinho left for an inflated price. Can is the first I can remember in years who looks like he’ll leave for free.

At Arsenal it’s nearly every season players are leaving for below their real value. Ramsey for 20M? His value should be more than 3 times that.
Where are you getting 20m from? Daily Mail? If he leaves it'll be for around 50m. Ox left for 40m which was fair value, I think. Sanchez is the only player that left below value in recent history and that was because we couldn't meet his wage demands.

I doubt if we're picking anyone, we're just letting things align themselves off their own accord. Thats how I see it, its a passive style of management which waits for external factors to help shape the team. I don't agree with this, I'm just pointing out the weak-kneed nature of our business and I feel this will be another example of that.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Doubt it, Chelsea already have Drinkater and Barkley as the dumb british talent in midfield.

United lol.

Fear not, Ramsey will sign a new contract here before ending up at Everton in a few years. It‘s just how we roll.

Why not tbh, we're in need of numbers in midfield. Carrick joining our coaching staff, Fellaini leaving. We are down to our bare bones with McTominay albeit playing well as one of our main starters.

Also where are you getting Liverpool are signing Jorginho from, there are a number of clubs in for him including Man United, Liverpool and Man City.

Last edited:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Why not tbh, we're in need of numbers in midfield. Carrick joining our coaching staff, Fellaini leaving. We are down to our bare bones with McTominay albeit playing well as one of our main starters.

Also where are you getting Liverpool are signing Jorginho from, there are a number of clubs in for him including Man United, Liverpool and Man City.
Think Ramsey is too much like Pogba for you, he's best in a free role and not suited to distributing play from deep. You need an heir to Carrick more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom