• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinF

Its hopeless that his contract situation hasn't been solved.

He should have been sold this window if he doesnt't want to extend his contract.

There has been enough time to reach an agreement if such was possible, but obviously he has been dragging it out.

When the transfer window shuts he will hold all the cards.

Next transfer window we will have to compete with other clubs that can sign him for free and who will offer him big wages and sign-on fee.

You could even get the idea that the reason Chelsea borrowed Kovacic for the season with no option to buy, is because they already have an agreement with Ramsey that they will sign him for free next season.

blaze_of_glory

He'll sign. Had a few journos saying it was close yesterday, now Ornstein says the club is hopeful but not close. The Ornstein info is of course the official club line, which experience can tell us probably means everything is basically agreed but it will be a few days until its actually signed and announced.

That's my read of it anyway.

jvw

Özil didn't sign until January/February last season. There's still plenty of the time and it sounds like there's a lot of optimism about him signing. It's a massive relief he didn't go to Liverpool/Chelsea though.
And Özil took us for every penny he could get. If we do re-sign Ramsey it'll probably be on some astronimical wage no-one else would actually have offered him.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He cost a measly 5m when bought him

He has more than earned his keep

He should for sure be making bank and be a top 3 earner at the club

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If he goes on a free because he wants a new challenge or we refuse to see his worth, dont think he is askin for Özil+ money

So be it, he doesn't owe us anything , he is one of our few winners. Very much responsible for those wins to

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I couldn't blame any player who has been with us so long under the same manager wanting to see how it pans out with a new one before committing himself to a new contract. He'll give us his best, I'm pretty sure of that.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
It's because we lost all those players is why we are where we are.

Explain your point a bit more please, for example are you saying our recent poor league finishes are due to losing Cazorla (through injury) or even further back with let's say Fabregas/RVP going (you can't really say we went backwards after losing them as we maintained similar league finishes with three fa cup wins a few years down the line).

Big players come and go, that's football.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Explain your point a bit more please, for example are you saying our recent poor league finishes are due to losing Cazorla (through injury) or even further back with let's say Fabregas/RVP going (you can't really say we went backwards after losing them as we maintained similar league finishes with three fa cup wins a few years down the line).

Big players come and go, that's football.
We didn't go backwards right then, but in a few years time. We have to retain all our best players and build on that. Right now we're just swimming to not be washed away, we have to move up against the current.

macka66

We didn't go backwards right then, but in a few years time. We have to retain all our best players and build on that. Right now we're just swimming to not be washed away, we have to move up against the current.

There a difference between keeping your best players and building on it or offering players to much money and then affecting the rest of the team.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
There a difference between keeping your best players and building on it or offering players to much money and then affecting the rest of the team.
I was contesting the point that selling our best players hasn't affected us because it most certainly has. I think he'll sign though, he's not an elite player to have bigger clubs lining up for him. Arsenal is about the best he can do and I'm sure he'll realize that.

avalonhse

The only reason he hasn't signed is his wage demand is too high. It is not as simple as many say "he'll sign".

I guess his wage demand is close to Özil 300 to 350k/week. The question is whether Arsenal will agree for a good but not world-class midfielder like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom