Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Rouski

Rouski Active Member

August 2014-2018, 110,000 per week = 22,880,000

Ramsey's previous contract was 60,000 pw. Ramsey has been good for Arsenal but Arsenal has been good for Ramsey as well.

A wage of 130,000 would put him ahead of all midfielders in the Premiership other than Pogba, Fred and Fabregas, who's contract also expires next summer.

RacingPhoton and Fewtch like this.
  2. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

But way of our top earners

3. Rouski

Rouski Active Member

It is but attacking players generally get more than midfielders. Ramsey is not going to be short of money whatever he decides so wages shouldn't be the only thing to take into account.

4. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

People on here seem to think he is a striker ;p

arsenalforlife14 likes this.
  5. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 or We Riot

I think you’re confusing AM with Ramsey

James Bond and Artisan like this.
  6. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan

Is there actually any serious source to him wanting that? Where do the 130,000 come from? Some ****ter bellend?

If he gets a new contract he will surely earn more, but at this point there could be numerous reasons for stalling talks, not just his wage demands. Like someone else mentioned, after a decade under one manager and rumours a few years back about him being fed up with Arsenal's medical staff, maybe before committing his longterm future and his prime years he first wants to see how it pans out with a new manager and new staff.

7. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Well-Known Member

Sell him now and sign Marchisio. Or flip him to United for Martial in January. But if this is going to become a problem, I'd rather move him on now.

8. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Doubt this is true.

Limited playing time so far probably has to do with the fact that he suffered a slight niggle in preseason.

9. Slartibartfast

Possibly. Although other outlets reported the same thing at roughly the same time. And Matt Law reported the bit about the contract earlier in the Telegraph. We'll see what happens.

10. Slartibartfast

Also posted this in the general Ramsey thread, but since it's transfer related...

11. Cazorlinho

Cazorlinho French media expert who still can't embed tweets

This is insane.

If I'm not wrong he's asking for what David Silva has been earning at City, the wealthiest club in the premiership. Silva has been one of the top CM/CAM in this league for years. He's won almost everything except the champions league.

Among midfielders (CAM/CM). Only KDB, Pogba, Özil earn more than 220k/week if I'm not wrong.

And he's nowhere close to these players in terms of talent or marketing impact.

krackpot, Slartibartfast and Vibra like this.