• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Can see Klopp going for him. Excellent player for Liverpool and especially the way they play.

If we do get rid, for once don't strengthen rivals. Sell for a lower fee in January to Cardiff.

Oh_Snap

Isn't he about to get twins (or did that already happen?)? Don't think he'll leave England with infants and stuff, if even London. Could actually see him going to Chelsea to replace Cesc.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I really hope he goes abroad. Dont want to watch yet another of our players joining a rival.[/QUOT

ideal scenario is he plays lights out for us between now and January in the hope Emery changes his mind, so that we get more for him if he's sold, or Emery does change his mind

which could even see Özil being put on the market instead of Ramsey

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Doesn't surprise me at all other top teams want our players and are taking them. Hence we have regressed while they improved.

Really? RvP and Giroud were charity acts of Wenger, much like Fabregas, but which other Arsenal player has gone to a domestic rival (top-6 club) and played up to what he cost? Clichy maybe, but Adebayor, Nasri, Sanchez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sagna, was any of them a success mid-term? I'd say clearly no.

Really? RvP and Giroud were charity acts of Wenger, much like Fabregas, but which other Arsenal player has gone to a domestic rival (top-6 club) and played up to what he cost? Clichy maybe, but Adebayor, Nasri, Sanchez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sagna, was any of them a success mid-term? I'd say clearly no.

All of them went to teams that became better than us and did better than us bar maybe Sanchez.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
All of them went to teams that became better than us and did better than us bar maybe Sanchez.

Okay, but the teams didn't become better so much because of those specific players but because of crazy investment in general, as well as good management (which also had to do with investment, as they attracted good managers with good paydays and the promise of funds, they invested in academies etc.) And you fail to take into account the fact that the incoming funds were used somewhere, maybe they weren't invested in the team as we'd like but if it wasn't for those funds we'd have even fewer and cheaper transfers. So it's all about money.

I think Ramsey isn't an RvP, don't forget what a season RvP had with us before he left. I think he'll be a Vermaelen if anything, being recently out of favour here and slowly shifted out of the team it seems likely he'll be rotting on some bench and all soon, but that remains to be seen. For me personally Liverpool would be a horrible choice for Aaron, he'd be the 6th choice midfielder there.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
A couple of things from Olley's article that struck me:

Liverpool are the most likely candidates, given Jurgen Klopp is a keen admirer of Ramsey and wants to strengthen his midfield after missing out on Nabil Fekir from Lyon.

The Fekir deal collapsed in the summer and it would cost in excess of £50million to revive, but Ramsey is likely to be available for less than half that figure, given he currently has just six months left to run on his contract.

Liverpool settling for Ramsey instead of Fekir is alright with me.

Klopp already has a variety of midfield options and it is unclear whether Ramsey would be willing to join a club where he was merely a squad player.

This is what Ramsey should be at Arsenal. A squad player. Doing what he did over the weekend -- coming off the bench with a chance to score a goal -- is what he's best suited for, with the occasional spot start. The fact that he's not viewed as more than a squad player at Liverpool should be an indication that he's not the guy to be building Arsenal around and not the guy to be paying £200 million a week or more.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Huh?

Barcelona was coming off three straight La Liga titles and was a year removed from a Champions League when they signed Fabregas.

Manchester United had lost the title on goal difference to City and finished 19 points ahead of Arsenal before buying Van Persie.

Adebayor made 34 appearances over three seasons for Manchester City before being sold to Sp**s.

Manchester City finished ahead of Arsenal before buying Nasri. He's now suspended for doping.

City was defending Premier League champions when they bought Sagna, who made just 54 appearances for them over three seasons.

Liverpool paid £35 frickin' million for Oxlade-Chamberlain after finished ahead of Arsenal in the table the year before. Ox started 14 Premier League games for them before blowing out his knee a few games before the end of the season.

None of these players contributed in any meaningful way to any relative changes in fortunes of the clubs. They were just pieces. It hurt Arsenal for one season to lose Van Persie, but they were going to lose him for free the following summer anyway. He had one great season helping United to the title, then his career basically fell off a cliff and he ended up being a squad player in Turkey and Holland. So United probably did Arsenal a favor by buying him and Arsenal was certainly better off letting him leave than extending him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom