• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What Hydro said. What Santi didn't need was some Johnny tackle lately from Burnley giving his ankle a clattering.
So it was for sentimental reasons? To allow him an easy few years?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
is that for a pre-contract? Saw another tweet saying that Inter would try and get him in January to avoid competition. Honestly I think I'd try and sell him in January if possible.
According to the article:
There is already a verbal agreement for June but Spalletti needs him immediately next month when the market will officially open on the 3rd, ends on the 31st and Marotta will try to satisfy the coach.

It seems as though they want him in January because they fear the competition from Juventus and big English clubs in the summer when he's a free agent.

HBL

Established Member
According to the article:
There is already a verbal agreement for June but Spalletti needs him immediately next month when the market will officially open on the 3rd, ends on the 31st and Marotta will try to satisfy the coach.

It seems as though they want him in January because they fear the competition from Juventus and big English clubs in the summer when he's a free agent.
Would you take the money in January?

Interested to hear people's thoughts on this.

I'm very much with El Duderino, especially if we utilize the proceeds to purchase reinforcements in January. The most unsentimental (and antiseptic) way to evaluate would be to think of it in terms of monies received versus increase in probability that we make CL having Ramsey for the half-season and incremental monies we'd receive by making CL vs. EL.

Let R = Ramsey Money received in January
$ = Net Additional Dollars received from CL Qualification
% = Incremental likelihood we make CL Qualification

If R > $ * %, then we ought to sell. And my hunch is that R is very much greater than $ * %.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Without hesitation. If you get something out of him in January you can use it to bring in somebody else. Just as a for instance, they could basically swap Ramsey for Denis Suarez, if it's true that Barcelona has offered him to Arsenal for £14 million. Or if Navas thing is true, Arsenal could be opportunistic. The money could be used on a center back (although I think Arsenal is already setting aside the funds to make that happen in January in light of the Holding injury).

One Aaron Ramsey, more or less, over the last half of the season isn't going to make or break the team. His current valuation based on his contract situation (per CIES) is about €10 million. But they conceivably could get a bit more than that. It pays for another player, or at least a good chunk of one.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Now that Özil is leaving, we should keep him.
Most of you know he is one of my favorite players but i was willing to let him go if it means getting a winger, now with Özil leaving, i dont think Mhki and a winger is enough.

Malky

Established Member
If we're not renewing it makes sense to make money in January**, ridiculous losing him for nothing considering we try to work in a self sufficient manner.
Hopefully if Inter are serious a couple more clubs could show interest and we may receive a decent fee.

** as long as there's a replacement lined up.

HBL

Established Member
Agree with the general consensus that we should sell him. I think we should probably sell him even if we don't buy an immediate replacement, re-calling Nelson or Smith-Rowe could potentially cover the role Ramsey has played in attacking sense so far this season.

I doubt Emery would want to make a guy that is out of contract in the summer an important cog in our attack in the second half of the season. Also, how important has Ramsey actually been so far this season? I thought he was class last year but he has probably had an impact in maybe two games this season (Fulham and Sp**s?) Arguments about squad depth can be made but I honestly think Smith-Rowe/Nelson if recalled + maybe Welbeck for the last couple of months could cover what we'd miss if we sold Ramsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom