Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Sure, but don't they frequently bring players in on free transfers? I don't think they pay them all like that.

2. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

I don’t know how much they pay any of their players tbh. Just that free transfers almost always mean big wages.

Find the gloating a bit odd tbh, who cares how much Juve pay him? Let’s just see how he performs for them.

Wish him the best of luck. Think that we’ve made the right decision not-renewing him on those wages but will honestly be intrigued to see him in another system. Think he’ll do well.

3. blaze_of_glory

Yeah not trying to gloat. Hell, I've been critical of Ramsey in the past and I don't think we should pay him that much (but I also think he'd have stayed her for substantially less).

Just find it interesting how often the majority opinions on this board are countered by actual events.

4. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Nightmare for them if he flops and they want to move him on though.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  5. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Or a great deal for Juventus if he is a success.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  6. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

You've made this point about 20 times.

They'll look to move him on in a year or two.

7. blaze_of_glory

I enjoy hyperbole too.

bingobob likes this.
  8. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Had to google that word. For years, i thought it was the American football thing.

You look at some of the dross that's gone from here to a big European club, some via other clubs. Bendtner, Song, Adebayor, Vermaelen, even Traore had a spell at Juve. A bug move for Ramsey doesn't make him some great player. We've watched Ramsey for a decade now and my mind is firmly made. He is a very, very ordinary footballer.

Godwin1, Jae, Camron and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Can't really refute it Blaze... He is an injury prone player who gives you 4-5 weeks max of good football and the rest of the season you're left utterly wanting.
    Think Rich has a point.

10. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

11. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Difference is those players were bought as squad filler, while Ramsey is being bought as a key player.. If he’s successful there remains to be seen(I believe he will be), but it’s a big difference between those transfers.

12. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

So how would that work in terms of the contract he's already signed, which obviously comes loaded with incentives based on him being a free agent. Would they have to renegotiate the terms if a fee was agreed this month, etc.

celestis likes this.
  13. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

It’s probably bollocks. If he has signed a contract for June I don’t see them suddenly going after him now and rewriting the contract. As you say any fee paid will make his wages lower, but then again he might be willing to move now and get lower wages if it means he could win a few titles.

14. Beast Incarnate

Beast Incarnate Well-Known Member

300k a week for Ramsey. :lol:

Whoever decided to withdraw the contract offer for us deserves a knighthood. Juventus have been mugged.

Camron likes this.
  15. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

I wonder what kind of fee? Would consider a player exchange instead for Benatia (instead of fee, permanent) or Rugani (instead of fee, loan only, option to buy).

16. Mark Tobias

How do you know he isn't going to sit bench? They're getting him for free..
    I don't share the same optimism for him although I do hope I am wrong because as a person I quite like Ramsey. Certainly hasn't displayed the prima donna attitude off the field that we usually associate with footballers. I think he'll struggle. Very few British players have been successful there and i think it boils down to a few things like the fact that most english speakers are reluctant to learn other cultures and languages.
    I am sure many non-english members of this forum can attest to that.

krengon likes this.
  17. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

We won't know for sure until he's there of course, but making him the 2nd highest paid player behind only Ronaldo(Emre Can went on a free just a year before too and gets considerably less) and then there was this from the Guardian article earlier:

Everything indicates they are getting Ramsey in as a key player for them, if he can live up to/justify those expectations is up to him and his performances really, it could easily backfire on Juve too(I still don't trust he's over his injury problems 100% yet and I don't think he's worth those wages either really) but that's what it seems they rates his qualities as after seeing him for Arsenal and Wales..

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Mark Tobias likes this.
  18. Mark Tobias

Fair enough. The wages can be inflated because of the free deal but in theory he does fit them.
    I'll be the first to admit though, as skeptical of Aaron as I am as a footballer, that we will miss him dearl on Derby days and in finals. That is where the lad truly shines.

19. pikey2000

pikey2000 Well-Known Member

Ramsey is Ramsey, he will be the same for Juve as he was for us, some stellar games and performances coupled with the inevitable games where he vacates the midfield making endless runs into the box but nothing comes off for him.

He's not a worldie and he lacks consistency, he won't light up every game for them, but is comfortably better than Can, Bentacur and Khediera for me and therefore its a good deal for them.

Beast Incarnate likes this.
  20. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

We shall see. But I think you'll be wrong. Very wrong.

Toby Andrl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.