Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Who is he displacing in United's midfield? Mourinho would eviscerate Aaron Ramsey's soul. With Keita coming to Liverpool and playing where Ox does, who is he displacing? He's too slow technically and athletically for what they do. I don't doubt that he may have a better time under a better manager but this notion that he's some sort of brilliant player who is going to waltz into any midfield on earth that's being bandied about is lunacy.

Artisan, James Bond and Token Yank like this.
  2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Man United are starting Scott McTonimay and Ander Herrera on a regular basis, Ramsey gets in easily over them. And tonight Liverpool started Can (who's a free agent this summer) and Milner, could see him getting in over Wijnaldum as well.

I'm sure other managers would back themseleves to get performances out of some of our maligned players, Mourinho's alleged texts about Ox/Theo tell you as much.

3. YeahBee

YeahBee Sign all the Swedes

Wouldn't mind Can signing for us

An improved coq really

If we insist on three at the back (yuck) hed be great for that to

4. mavelous

mavelous Well-Known Member Trusted

isn't matic the Carrick heir? they need someone to replace scholes methinks, better version of Herrera basically, someone in Kroos mould would complete that midfield with Pogba and Matic.

5. Crocrodile

Crocrodile Well-Known Member

Both McTominay and Herrera do more defensive work than Ramsey.
    McTominay at whatever age he is at plays a more mature football game than our own Ramsey at 27. Not a bad player to have who 'll do the dirty work or whatever the coach asks from him, good bench player to have.

Herrera is head and shoulders above in every aspect of football bar being a goal-threat.

In fact, Ramsey's only real asset is being a goal threat, he acts a ST playing CM and plays like a commando, who btw gets injured about twice per year. I 'd love to see him under a new manager but he and Wilshere aren't what you want if you want to get back to the top. We need three new starters in midfield methinks.

6. American_Gooner

Ramsey showed he can put in a shift defensively in 13/14, if he's instructed by someone like Mourinho to stay disciplined he'd easily outperform those two.
    Herrera is a dreadful footballer.

7. Garrincha

Garrincha AM Resident Joker #2

His issue is finding a club bigger than ourselves with more chance of trophies. Pretty much a guaranteed starting role & a very big contract.

No longer a kid... 27 going on 28 this year.

8. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

Hopefully the Ramsey bit is true :drool:

krengon likes this.
  9. Newchange

Newchange Active Member

United should be all over

United should be all over Can

Pogba----Can--
    ------Matic-----

Dangerous

10. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

devastated if you take him.
    devastated if we see Ramsey in another shirt that is not Arsenal.

11. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Now that I think about it he'd be too much of a liability positionally for Mourinho.

Rimaal likes this.
  12. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

:lol: Ramsey under Mourinho or Pep would be benched within a month and sold within 6 months.

He'd work for Klopp, me thinks. But Mane, Salah, and Firminho would probably hate his guts for crowding them on the pitch.

Artisan likes this.
  13. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

i think actually that Mou must love his work-rate, he puts so much effort runs and recovery, he can press, i mean he looks a very Mourinho type of player and if it is between him and Pogba he would go for Ramsey its a long shot but i think it can happen if you lose Pogba in the summer.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  14. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

No way to tell whether that's due to Arsenal's coaching or him having zero awareness. If anything, his ability to find space off the ball makes me lean towards the former.

Could see Ramsey be devastating under Mou. Puts in the work defensively and then acts as a dangerous outlet on the counter. Would work really well with Lukaku's link up play I reckon.

MaraDon likes this.
  15. Cazorlinho

Cazorlinho French media expert who still can't embed tweets

I agree.
    He's not consistent enough and is too injury prone.

Maybe he'd start in the current Man Utd team. But it's a team who got knocked out by Sevilla and was out of the title race for months.
    So it's just a good team.

Tbf I don't get the hype around Ramsey. He's just a good player but he doesn't have what it needs to be a starter in a team that challenges for CL or PL trophies.

If you look at the best CM in Europe atm they're much more complete players than Ramsey. Their overall contribution is a lot better. They defend better. They dominate the midfield. They're much more consistent. They play most of the games. They make their team play much better. They're smarter with the ball. They know when to slow down the game and just keep possession.
    They don't lose the ball when they're closed down by the opponent. They have great technique they can easily dribble 2 or 3 players to make a great pass for their team mates to initiate counter attacks.

Outside of his engine and his runs he doesn't bring enough to the table for a midfielder.

Cazorla was much closer to a big club CM than Ramsey would ever be. He could keep the ball under pressure. He had the technique and the skills to go past any player and launch a quick counter attack. Ramsey can't.
    Tbf it's no coincidence if we're getting worse since the Cazorla injury.
    I'm not saying Ramsey is the only one at fault but the main issue is that we don't have a complete midfielder in our squad. Ramsey isn't.

I think he'd be great in a 3 man midfield alongside a pure DM and a Cazorla type of midfielder.

Tbf I don't think so.
    I've read the same things about Alexis under Mourinho.

I think some of our players have developped bad habits in their game that are really hard to get rid off.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Artisan likes this.
  16. Garrincha

Garrincha AM Resident Joker #2

Maybe Wenger just sets up to get the best out of them. Not many kick on after leaving.

17. American_Gooner

What's the link between Ramsey and Alexis?

18. Newchange

Newchange Active Member

I must be the only one who thinks Ramsey is OVERRATED. I mean hes being mentioned with clubs like Real Madrid,Man Utd,Chelsea. And compared to players like Kroos,Pogba,Santi. Seriously?. Ramsey is an average premier league midfielder who belongs at a watford or swansea in my opinion

19. c00lguy

c00lguy Well-Known Member

I think you are. I want Ramsey to stay we need him.

Gegen Pressing likes this.
  20. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Ramsey is#2 ranking goals+assists just behind Özil.
    He is the first name on teamsheet for me .
    If there is any justice/KARMA then surely He deserves to win the Europa League this year .