• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Of course Ramsey deserves a raise, his old contract is out of date

Not Özil Money though

Aevi

Hale End FC
Not sure I believe this, but..

That wage is rather high, but the captaincy would be fair. He's been at the club for 10 years (8 if you don't count his loans away) so he is already a significant figure in this club, and him committing to several more years here would merit a captaincy. I'd prefer that Wilshere have it because he seems so well-suited for the role, but Ramsey is still a fine choice.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Not a clue what he earns now but he has done nothing since his purple patch to earn anywhere near miki-auba money.. Not sure he is good enough consistently for us tbh. Loved him for a while but he must play better and do it consistently. 3 goals vs worst team in the league doesnt make the rest of the games any better unfortunatley.

Edit: he shouldnt be captain imo for above reasons.

blaze_of_glory

That wage is rather high, but the captaincy would be fair. He's been at the club for 10 years (8 if you don't count his loans away) so he is already a significant figure in this club, and him committing to several more years here would merit a captaincy. I'd prefer Wilshere have it because he's seems so well-suited for the role, but Ramsey is still a fine choice.
Captaincy is between him, Jack and Mesut for me. I'd be fine with any of those.

We all know Nacho is the spiritual leader anyway.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Seems like a rather quiet guy and kept to himself, does he have the personality to be a captain? And I almost projectiled at 250k, **** no.

I always felt like Jack was the logical next captain tbh.

say yes

forum master baiter
Would be delighted if either Ramsey or Jack was made captain.

Jack looks the more natural leader of the two, but he’s only just been reintegrated into the squad.

Ramsey is more nailed on and he’s got a good record in the changing room - battered both Persie and Sanchez. FA Cup pedigree too.

Don’t really mind who gets it as long as they both sign new contacts and nail down that CM partnership .

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The way he plays on the pitch (which is 95% of what we have to go on tbf) suggests that he'd be a decent shout for the armband. You can say a lot about Ramsey, but he never goes hiding. He always tries and always works hard. Does his work always pay off? No. Does he sometimes end up way out of position? Yes. But neither disqualifies him when it comes to being a captain.

Regarding his wages, it's pay him or lose him. Plenty of clubs would be in for him. The market decides what he's worth.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I can't figure out who would wear the armband better.
Bs6pjrXIIAEmY_P.jpg

Or

nintchdbpict000377407259-e1515936033259.jpg

Would gladly have either. Ramsey has the physical nature and looks of a captain, Wilshere the mindset and heart and then there's Özil, of course, who has the sheer class.

pacstud

I love the potential of Jack, but captain? Not yet, not even close.

Özil, Kos, Monreal, and Ramsey all before Jack.

Zyrth

Personally I’d prefer my defensive guy to be the captain because they can see what’s ahead of them. But I have no major issues with Ramsey being mad captain. He does need to iron out his flaws besides putting in 100% into every game because his mistakes will cost us.

It’ll be good if he’s captain as it may spur (fking hate using this word) him on. Probably make him more cautious over our defense even! He really does need to rein in on his over zealousness in aiding attacks and forgetting to provide cover in the middle instead.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
The way he plays on the pitch (which is 95% of what we have to go on tbf) suggests that he'd be a decent shout for the armband. You can say a lot about Ramsey, but he never goes hiding. He always tries and always works hard. Does his work always pay off? No. Does he sometimes end up way out of position? Yes. But neither disqualifies him when it comes to being a captain.

Regarding his wages, it's pay him or lose him. Plenty of clubs would be in for him. The market decides what he's worth.

Hes not good enough to be captain, he might be a player we want to swap out IMO. If we get a good DM he could be out of a starting position.

If he gets better sure he could be captain, though i'd rate Wilshere higher. But it shouldnt be part of the deal. He is not that good yet.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Hopefully we don't do another Walcott mistake and get baited by this huge contract. It's the perfect time to sell him at his age.

Zyrth

He's great when he is playing with positional discipline and tactical awareness. Staying in the middle of the team linking to our attackers and covering the defenders.

It's when he stays at the front of the team that's where we as a team gets owned. He's also very productive when he makes late runs but only late runs. He's as useful as salad dressing on ice cream when he stands still at the front and waits for the team to build up.

If he's given the armband I really do hope he will start behaving like a captain and work hard to protect the team by staying in the middle.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
He is already our captain its just paperwork and Per retiring what is going to actually made it official.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can't see him being made captain next season and not extending. What, with only 12 months in his contract and all that.

arsmile

Established Member
i like the idea of making a point with our captain

instead of just passing it along to the next most experienced guy who cannot get on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom