Aaron Ramsey Scores Cup Winners

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright Trusted

When you consider that Aaron is one of the first names of the team-sheet (in Wengers eyes) and what we're paying Özil, then 250k isn't really unreasonable. Also again going back to one of the first names of the team-sheet, considering Koscielny is likely to be phased out soon enough then Ramsey makes the most sense to wear the armband.

Rygura and celestis like this.
  2. Longy

Longy Active Member

Özil
    Mikhi - Auba
    Jack - Nacho - Koscielny - Lacazette
    Bellerin - Xhaka - Ramsey - Mustafi
    The rest
    Wellbeck

That's our tiers of best players.
    You don't put someone that low quality wise as captain.
    It's Jack or Özil.

3. The Ox

The Ox Well-Known Member

True but I think we could've gotten more about 4 years earlier without having to suffer through his decline.

Thinking about it, Ramsey is 27 now, a year older than Walcott was at the time he signed the contract. Unbelievable that we are again falling for the same trap.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  4. DoitschWurzl

DoitschWurzl Member

So much stuff you post, so of much of it makes me :rolleyes: at first but then :eek: and at last :mad:

Rygura and Toby Andrl like this.
  5. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne is Temporary, Squad Cost is Forever Trusted

:lol: 20 years in top 4 from year 1, without a single break in the most difficult league in the world. Players saying that Wenger is meticulous in his training drills more than any other they've worked for.

And you still believe this internet narrative. SMH

6. DoitschWurzl

DoitschWurzl Member

Exactly this kind of ppl are the ones which make our world work!
    - Religion
    - neoliberal capitalism
    - pharma drugs

Must be hard to constantly have this never ending battle within you to suppress logic and rational thinking!

7. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Well-Known Member

Yes. He did score 19 goals last season though. Better than 1 in 2.

8. tap-in

tap-in :|

I'd be happy with Ramsey, Wilshere or Özil being Captain. Just dont give it to Kos or Monreal, nothing against them but I'm fed up with our Captain sitting on the bench ie Per & Arteta. Both were Captain late in their career and I prefer to see our Captain on the pitch week in week out.

As for Ramsey's potential salary, you have to take into account what it would cost to replace him, that's why Özil got £350k pw. A 2nd big contract is completely different to their 1st as there is no fee. If you can cash in that's different but we let our players get too close to leaving for free so we cant really cash in.

Rygura and LGooner98 like this.
  9. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

I want Özil as captain!!

10. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

I'd like him to sign on but no way is he a 250k/week player. Too injury prone, too inconsistent.

NieThePiet, Trilly and logic DC like this.
  11. logic DC

logic DC Well-Known Member

good player when on song, but let's not lose our minds and act as though he is perfect, no way you give Aaron 250pw I'd give him 150 though - haven't said that I would love him as a captain, him jack or Özil.

Zyrth likes this.
  12. Trilly

Trilly AM's Part Time PSG supporter

So:

Ramsey has been involved in (goal/assist) 44% of our goals this season when playing, the second most influential player is Özil at 27%. Compared to the legendary 13/14 season he's shooting more frequently, shooting more frequently in the box and getting more big chances.

The issues here are that he's shown himself to be a pretty poor finisher in the grand scheme of things, the dodgy hamstrings and the big one: Are the goal contributions worth the vacated midfield?

Ignoring the last paragaph, he's all set up for a monster season which makes this summer's renewal a pain in the arse. Could easily see him getting a ridiculous wage as we'll have to match all offers. If nobody else tries to sign him I think we could tie him down to something like 120k base.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    El Granit-Coq and Zyrth like this.
  13. razörist

razörist Part Time Ajax Fan

44%? what? seriously? Give him 400k! (a month)

14. Zyrth

Zyrth Well-Known Member

Spot on. But the thing is, if there's a vacated midfield, chances of us playing well and him scoring would be low.

He makes good late runs too. And I'm really fine with a midfielder that is influential in our attack if he is an AM or a B2B midfielder. But what the stats does not cover is the way Ramsey gets himself involved in our attack. Does he make late runs when our attackers have the ball in the final third, or does he scampers forward while we are still building up our attack?

The latter has happened too frequently and that has also resulted in our poor shape and structure allowing ourselves to roll over and play dead to our opponents. Although I'm suspecting Sanchez did him no favors because when Sanchez went deep and was ball hogging whilst Ramsey made those "late" runs. Anyway, the 13/14 purple patch season and the last game against Everton should be the blueprint for Ramsey going forward. Stay in the middle and play it simple then make a late burst into the box.

Trilly likes this.
  15. MaraDon

MaraDon Don't Cry For Me Argentina

his home grown status makes him a 200k player.

16. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

I wonder how much we will be giving Jack then...

P.S. let's not pretend as if Ramsey's runs from midfield are perfectly timed or have any form of discipline... You spend as much time in forward areas as he does, your efforts will eventually play out.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why anyone would want to tie him down on such high wages.

Jae likes this.
  17. MaraDon

MaraDon Don't Cry For Me Argentina

jack did not won us 2 fa cups.
    jack never had the form Ramsey is showing year after year.
    team does not revolve around jack it revolves around Ramsey.

18. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

The team does not revolve around Ramsey lol.

Edit:
    Could you explain how the team revolvers around ramsey?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  19. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I'd argue there isn't a single player in our team that we couldn't replace/upgrade and there isn't one single player who is pivotal to our play (with the exception of Özil in both circumstances).

Obviously not including the new recruits in that.

Trilly likes this.
  20. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

I will be mad if we pay him 170k. I only allow 150k. I will stop support Arsenal if they don't go after my finical wishes for them. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: