Aaron Ramsey Scores Cup Winners

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Longy

Longy Active Member

Truth hurts.

2. MaraDon

MaraDon Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Watch us play.
    i have already explained many many times why Ramsey is key.
    it shouldn't be this hard to understand.

3. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Arsenal: Rambo, we wanna tie you down. Let’s talk numbers. You’re an important part of this team.

Ramsey: I’m 27, this will be one of the last big contracts I sign. I feel something in the ball
    park of £250k p/w would be reasonable..

Arsenal: We’re eager to extend your deal, but we feel £250k p/w is a bit excessive. Özil has just signed an expensive deal and we’re also trying to extend Jack Wilshere’s contract. Can we compromise?

Ramsey: No disrespect to Wilshere, I rate him highly, but can you honestly say he deserves parity with me? I’ve contribued more- I deserve more money.

Arsenal:

Trilly and American_Gooner like this.
  4. MaraDon

MaraDon Don't Cry For Me Argentina

i would argue that Ramsey is irreplasable and that if he becomes available he will attract interest from Real Madrid PSG Munich City and United.
    even Juventus.

Look at how Chelsea crumbled after Matic left.
    our team breaths thanks to Ramsey.

Troopz likes this.
  5. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Think we will just have to agree to disagree, I'm sure there will be interest from top clubs, but there are many better players out there than Ramsey.

6. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

If Ramsey wants a bigger contract than Jack then I think he's earned it.

Jack's a top player, but his injuries have stunted his development, and we seriously need to give players contracts based on their performance. Over the years Ramsey has been a more integral piece of our squad than Jack.

That doesn't mean Jack isn't a quality player or doesn't have more potential than Ramsey, but at 27 a contract is no longer about potential or your emotional attachment to the club.

Considering his injuries and the fact he was sent on loan last season, I think Jack should understand if he isn't one of the highest paid players at the club. And if he has a great season next year or the year after that, I doubt anyone will object to improving his contract.

Above all else, we have to make sure that both Jack and Ramsey stay.

7. Longy

Longy Active Member

He is very replaceable, he is in a position where there is an abundance of talent.

There is plenty of talk about Wilshere contract not moving but incentifying, yet Ramsey is asking 200+ ?
    That's just ridiculous.

I am all for keeping him even though I'm his harshest critic, but it's as a squad player. If he's asking for this kind of pay rise or we get any offer above 35m you let him go.

He is consistently inconsistent.
    Injured a lot
    Technically inept

Those things are key and do not warrant 200+/week. There is a lot better out there for that price.

8. DoitschWurzl

DoitschWurzl Member

-.-...

The ONLY problem with Ramsey is that he tends to be injured quite often.
    He is a very very good player.

9. Aevius

Aevius #PlayAMNInMidfield Moderator

Did waiting with Alexis and Özil not give everyone enough of a headache? :lol:

10. Dammit

Dammit Well-Known Member

Losing Aaron would be a big blow, can't really understand people wanting out our best all around CM.

Zaza, dashsnow17 and Rygura like this.
  11. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

I have and hes been doing as much wrong as Right Alot of Times'. I dont have time to look theough all your posts nor do i read everything on this forum. I dont understand your opinion cause i dont share it nor have i Seen your reasoning. Thats why i asked for it.

12. Longy

Longy Active Member

I really think it will be measured with Jack's contract.
    They are both around same level.
    Jack will sign for a certain fee first and Ramsey will be offered similar after.
    There will be a limit, if he wants over then i think he will be sold. (don't think it'll be anywhere near 200k)

13. Jojoba

Jojoba Active Member

Özil as a captain? What are w people smoking? Özil is a follower and never a leader. Would be a very poor choice of a captain.

14. Mitch

Mitch Love Arsenal, Hate Ramsey

Ramsey doesn't deserve a better contract than Jack at present. The fact that Jack has produced more good peformances for us this season than Ramsey has managed to do in 4 seasons speaks volumes.

The Ox likes this.
  15. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

He's not even a CM. He's an AM who prefers being ahead of the ball than on it. We need a proper CM as our league position suggests. He's 100% replaceable. Nobody has been given more privileges at this club than him under Wenger.

Zyrth, Mitch and The Ox like this.
  16. DoitschWurzl

DoitschWurzl Member

Reading your posts really hurts my brain.
    "They are both around same level" - while you constantly say Jack is way better and Ramsey should be sold if he demands money.

"There will be a limit, if he wants over then i think he will be sol" - oh really - like with every player in every club?

Captain obvious...

Toby Andrl likes this.
  17. Trilly

Trilly AM's Part Time PSG supporter

Tbf Wenger is completely right yet.

Ramsey there's no rush as he will either be sold or renew this summer. Jack can walk this summer.

18. say yes

say yes Very Stable Genius

You forgot option 3: Ramsey won’t renew, we won’t have the balls to sell him and he’ll stay at the club for the next season with all the uncertainty that brings.

19. LacaNewSigning

LacaNewSigning Active Member

Ramsey is very important to us and is one of our only goal threats outside of aubameyang, laca, mkhi. The guy has all the attributes you want in a cm, he's a nuisance with his late runs, can run 4 days, can tackle, has a decent through ball on him.

My only gripe with Ramsey is his lack of discipline, the guy will abandon the midfield at times to get a goal 4 himself which is annoying at times like against Everton he was great in 1st half then went AWOL in 2nd half I just don't understand what goes through his mind at times. We need to find a way to play him jack & Özil in the same team without affecting our balance as a team

Zyrth likes this.
  20. Marmaduke

Marmaduke Well-Known Member

Simply untrue. Wilshere looks like a breath of fresh air because he plays very differently and we haven't seen him in a while.

As for Ramsey contributions... FA cup games pop into mind right away for starters, but I certainly can't manage to scrounge through 4 years worth of PL games to find when he was marginally better.

And even if the performances were even or worse, the fact is that he has been available more often so that has to be accounted for.

Toby Andrl likes this.