Aaron Ramsey Scores Cup Winners

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jan 29, 2016.

1. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

Jack always had more potential but Ramsey has achieved more. One injury free season from Jack could change everybody's perspective. I do rate Ramsey but 200k is ridiculous, with Sven on board we will definitely replace him before things go the Alexis way.

Camron likes this.
  2. Marmaduke

Marmaduke Well-Known Member

Agree about 200k but the devil's advocate in me is bursting out:

Losing players always hurts especially if we don't have to. You won't see City or Man U ponder "that wage is 10% too high.. better let him go".

If we lose Ramsey (or any decent player) because we didn't offer enough would it not be similar to how we lost Ashely Cole? Back then you could argue we were legitimately financially strapped, not now though.

What is the point of being the world's 6th richest club anyway if we don't occasionally display financial swagger?

3. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

The problem is we are not in CL and we can miss again top4 this year. With Özil, Abumeyang,Mikhi etc.going high on wages we are close to reach the wage cap. We can't afford giving Jack and Ramsey 200k deals. This will also impact bringing new top players as we will be handicapped with wage limits. ManU, City all have dodgy way of paying high wages.

4. IslingtonBornandbred

IslingtonBornandbred Well-Known Member

It's mystifying to me that for a club who have been so financially cautious with fans singing "spend some ****ing money" not that long ago, there are Arsenal fans who are trying to balance the books themselves and saying we can't afford x amount of wages, we can only afford y amount of wages.

If the club can afford or and want to offer a key contributor x amount of money for a player to stay, we should be happy that player has renewed and that's it. We want our to keep our best players and sign top players. As long as that happens, we should be content. Balancing the books isn't our problem.

Ideal situation. Wilshere and Ramsey are offered contracts that they are happy with and the club is happy with and they both sign. If either party aren't happy then they won't sign. End of story. Anything else is futile.

dashsnow17 and progman07 like this.
  5. Trilly

Trilly AM's Part Time PSG supporter

I assume we'll learn from previous lessons. Reading that back I see that's hopeful thinking but just let a man hope.

If we take option 3 we either lose him for nothing or sign him on wages that we weren't prepared to offer him in the first place. It would shock me (but also not surprise me) if we let this summer end without resolving his situation.

6. Longy

Longy Active Member

It's really not that hard.

They are at the same level everything considered - fitness, tekkers, time.
    Wrap it all up atm and I think they play out fairly level

Jack is levels above Ramsey but still big doubts over his fitness
    Ramsey is more reliable, albeit still injury prone, and can still do a job.

Neither of them deserve a big contract for different reasons.

"There will be limit with a small margin" the limit is whatever Jack signs for. Nothing like 200/week.

Work it out yet ?

7. Longy

Longy Active Member

I think it's more the case at what else is out there for the money said player is asking for.

8. DanDare

DanDare Not interesting enough for a custom title

Yall need to catch up with the times. Wages aren’t what they used to be

[​IMG]

There’s a new deal on the way. £250,000 is not a big wage any more. TV money will have doubled from just 3-4 years ago

progman07 likes this.
  9. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

The rumours of him being offered 250k is bs imo. Wenger has gone on record saying that Wilshere's deal is the higher priority one. And there's no way the board would risk pissing him off by offering 250k to Ramsey when he's being offered 80k.

10. Jojoba

Jojoba Active Member

To me we have become a very desperate club that players don’t respect. They just take a pisss out of us.
    No one in our current team deserves amywhere neat £250,000, not a single player.
    Would any of the so called top European clubs entertain paying Özil £320,000 a weeks? Mkhitaryan £240,000 Or £250,000 a week for Ramsey? I don’t think so. We were paying Walcott £120,000 a week for few seasons.
    Our wage bill has always been heavy while we underperform for the last 10-12 years. Wasting big wages on average squad players and paying reserve / academy players £30,000 a week etc.

BobP likes this.
  11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright Trusted

12. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

It might be misinformation but Balague came out and said the reported Özil figures were wrong and that he was actually on £200,000 p/w and he received some extra as a signing on bonus. I don't know how correct that is, but to be fair wages are often overestimated. Alexis probably isn't actually on £500,000 p/w for example.

13. Jojoba

Jojoba Active Member

I hope the quoted wages are not true / real. I love Arsenal and want the best for everyone connected to the club. But these over the top wages of £300,000, £250,000 a week for our current players are making me uneasy and feel disconnected from our club. I don’t feel that any of our current player deserves to be on £200,000 a week whatsoever. It looks like underachievement is being rewarded. When was the last time we competed for the league title or CL? We have even dropped out of the Top 4 for the first time in like 20 years and looks like we will remain outside the CL places in the league for a while. Then i hear our inconsistent players taking advantage of our desperate situation and are demanding £300,000, £250,000 a week? My goodness. Smh

14. LacaNewSigning

LacaNewSigning Active Member

Rambo ain't even in the squad today, am I missing something?

15. IslingtonBornandbred

Injured apparently.

He was out a while and went straight back into the team. Not surprising imo he always gets thrown straight back in as soon as he's back fit.

16. field442

field442 Abandoned Arsenal for ice hockey

He's going to want to get paid well but how can anyone expect us to offer him £150k+ when he's so frequently injured?

17. LacaNewSigning

LacaNewSigning Active Member

Cheers mate, rather annoying if he wasn't 100% why did we rush him back last week.

18. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Well-Known Member

One fantastic game and injured again.

19. IslingtonBornandbred

If you look at his minutes, he missed six games in a row due to his hamstring injury, he then played 16 mins as a sub against Bournemouth, then missed the Palace game, came on as a sub against Chelsea in the League Cup for five or so minutes, and then started against Swansea for 90 minutes, followed by last weeks game against Everton when he was due to be substituted even before his third goal which means he picked up an injury earlier on or they were trying to manage his minutes.

To me anyway, based on my sport science knowledge, after three weeks out with a hamstring injury, 16 mins as a sub, then 5 mins as sub, and then a full 90 minutes isn't quite the correct "return to play" protocol, but sometimes needs must and Wenger wanted to get him back into the team because he's important to him and the sport science team probably gave the go ahead even though it would have been more of an injury risk. Nobody's fault really imo but it's certainly not Ramsey's fault.

20. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

How do you justify a big contract for Ramsey when he is injured for at least half a season. The joke is, he has only been playing once a week.