• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Far better chance of beating City with him in midfield. We really really missed him vs Sp**s imo, his energy and movement is vital to our team. I mean we should really get some sort of backup to Ramsey considering his injuries, because us being at our most effective is dependent on his late runs from midfield.

OSBK

Established Member
Utter rubbish today. Watching debruyne then looking at ramsey highlights how many levels below the top teams we are. He plays like he is on the school field still and that if he goes out of position it has no consequence.

Time is up for this guy.

HBL

Established Member
He was good first half, then just went missing in the second. Anyway, if he doesn’t sign a new contract we’ll have to sell him in the summer.

Tir Na Nog

He’s been injured and out of training for most of February what did people expect. Along with Wilshere he was inlvoled in anything decent we did in the first half.

It's crazy the criticism he's getting, especially the running nonsense. First of all he was making lung busting runs in the first half in particular everytime we got the ball to try and support Auba. Second of all we were clearly instructed to sit off City so him and Xhaka walking while in their correct positions isn't really a massive deal especially when City have the ball facing them. If we were trying to press City then I'd understand the criticism of them walking but we were just sitting off them as a team even when we were losing. Where were Ramsey/Xhaka supposed to run to? They were already in position while Neville was criticising them. It was such a weird criticism, it was criticising them for the sake of it. I mean Wilshere was walking too but of course Neville wouldn't dare have a go at him.

OSBK

Established Member
His been injured and out of training for most of February what did people expect. Along with Wilshere he was inlvoled in anything decent we did in the first half.

Sane out injured just came back. Gundogan out for centuries and bossed when he came on. Debruyne out recently just came back and bossed it.

Ramsey get injured, comes back and we give him what 10 games before we see him play well then another 5 before he is injured again? Its a joke when those city players can do it but ramsey needs a few games.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sane out injured just came back. Gundogan out for centuries and bossed when he came on. Debruyne out recently just came back and bossed it.

Ramsey get injured, comes back and we give him what 10 games before we see him play well then another 5 before he is injured again? Its a joke when those city players can do it but ramsey needs a few games.

Neither of those were in their first game back.

OSBK

Established Member
Neither of those were in their first game back.

Pretty sure it was sanes first game back and that kid was flying the whole time he was on the pitch.

Btw not having a pop at his engine just how long it takes him to come back in and hit top form.

IslingtonBornandbred

It's crazy the criticism he's getting, especially the running nonsense. First of all he was making lung busting runs in the first half in particular everytime we got the ball to try and support Auba. Second of all we were clearly instructed to sit off City so him and Xhaka walking while in their correct positions isn't really a massive deal especially when City have the ball facing them. If we were trying to press City then I'd understand the criticism of them walking but we were just sitting off them as a team even when we were losing. Where were Ramsey/Xhaka supposed to run to? They were already in position while Neville was criticising them. It was such a weird criticism, it was criticising them for the sake of it. I mean Wilshere was walking too but of course Neville wouldn't dare have a go at him.

Think it was the fact that the "walking" was nonchalant. They weren't alert, ready to react or on their toes....it was quite similar to I think City away or Liverpool away and Neville picked up on it.

If you watch it back, those specific moments, it looks like they just completely switch off. Özil, Wilshere, Ramsey, Xhaka....I mean there's staying in position and being a tight unit, but I think to the observant eye that just looks a little too casual. There could be a loose ball or a trigger to press and they aren't ready in the slightest.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Think it was the fact that the "walking" was nonchalant. They weren't alert, ready to react or on their toes....it was quite similar to I think City away or Liverpool away from Neville picked up on it.

If you watch it back, those specific moments, it looks like they just completely switch off. Özil, Wilshere, Ramsey, Xhaka....I mean there's staying in position and being a tight unit, but I think to the observant eye that just looks a little too casual. There could be a lose ball or a trigger to press and they aren't ready in the slightest.

I think they were all frustrated with the way the game was going, none of those 4 players are suited to playing the way we did today, they were doing their best to follow the instructions they were given while also trying to maintain a threat on the break. I think Ramsey in particular got knackered by the 60th minute which isn't really surprising, he ended up being replaced by Iwobi. I was more frustrated with how were set up more than I was with them walking in their positions.

Also you must remember we were chasing around City quite a bit while they had the ball, the really tires players out especially when we're not used to being dominated as much as we were today.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Said it before and will say it again.
Ramsey is levels down from the top teams.
This is the best club he will get consistent minutes with.

Madrid, Barca and co ? You're really having a laugh
He wouldn't get into those teams mate but I think the top premier league clubs would have him easy. Potential to hit a lot of goals in the premier league is pretty big, even if his other attributes aren't up there.

Tir Na Nog

If you don't think United or Liverpool would take him or that Conte couldn't find a good use for him then I don't know what to say. Mourinho could put him in a midfield three with Matic and Pogba, while he's literally the perfect midfielder for a Klopp side. Conte would probably use him instead of someone like Bakayoko who's started a lot despite being underwhelming.

Longy

You guys are in absolute dreamtime.

He would get found out there very quick, those managers are way too disciplined.

Tir Na Nog

You guys are in absolute dreamtime.

He would get found out there very quick, those managers are way too disciplined.

Ramsey has put in tonnes of disciplined performances, what about the FA Cup semis and final last season? Or his performances for Wales were he followed the managers instructions down to a tee. His energy, his runs and his engine would be seen as a huge asset for a lot of coaches. Guys like Lampard, Gerrard, Henry and Bellamy always wax lyrical about him while doing punditry.

Longy

Cmon man, the only games Ramsey gets the plaudits is when he's scored goals......
The mythical late runs usually company a very poor strike rate.

He plays CM, I really can't think of a game where he has controlled the centre of the park.

Ok, he runs, I'll give him that but Fck me he is slow.
He has issues controlling the ball
He has issues passing the ball
He has issues with speed of play.

He would not make any of the top teams in CM.

IslingtonBornandbred

Cmon man, the only games Ramsey gets the plaudits is when he's scored goals......
The mythical late runs usually company a very poor strike rate.

He plays CM, I really can't think of a game where he has controlled the centre of the park.

Ok, he runs, I'll give him that but Fck me he is slow.
He has issues controlling the ball
He has issues passing the ball
He has issues with speed of play.

He would not make any of the top teams in CM.

Racist.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He's an average, Walcott/Giroud level player. Wouldn't miss a beat without him. Staggering that he's been here for 10 years yet still performs like a teenager.

Part of the crew that needs to be shipped and replaced with a more technical player. Banega needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom