Aaron Ramsey Scores Cup Winners

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Longy

Longy Well-Known Member

Ramsey may have drive and desire.
    He just doesn't have the talent/tech for a top top team.
    He is at current Arsenal level, no more.

Real Madrid ????
  2. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Ramsey is the least of our problems. He should be our main midfielder now that Santi is sadly finished.
  3. Vinci

Vinci Head of the Asano Yakuza Clan

Before the season starts he should either have signed a new contract or be sold. Don't want another Alexis/Özil saga lingering on into the season.

He isn't worth the reported 250k a week, though, would say 170K most, on par with Mikhi and Auba. Otherwise just get rid.
    GeorgiaGunner and krackpot like this.
  4. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

You want a player who can't hold his midfield position for 5 minutes to be our main midfielder? How does Ramsey's style of play resemble Cazorla's exactly?
  5. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

You tell me as I've only saw you suggest that in this topic.. In Santi' absence, Ramsey is the only cm that I trust not to hide and to produce match winning moments. He should be our driving force.

He could definitely start at Chelsea, Unted or Liverpool and a host of European teams.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Toby Andrl likes this.
  6. Rimaal

Fine, play him in the front 3 then, but as a midfielder he's one of the reasons why our defence is so shiite. He won't hold his position, and you can't have a midfielder who will constantly bomb forward, crowding the attack, and exposing the defence, you simply can't.
  7. Cazorlinho

Cazorlinho French media expert who still can't embed tweets

How can he be our main midfielder when he has so many flaws in his game and gets injured so much?

We should stop with these limited midfielders BS who can only perform if the team is perfectly set up for them.

We need complete modern midfielders who can do pretty much everything.
    Players like Cesc Cazorla Arteta were on a whole other level than Ramsey Wilshere Elneny Xhaka and so on.

We need at least 2 top class midfielders this summer and pay whatever it takes to build a serious partnership which can dominate the game by themselves.

We have by far the worst midfield in the top 6 IMO.
    James Bond, Rimaal, Zyrth and 3 others like this.
  8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Said everything for ages

Ramsey and Bellerin rested for Milan.
  9. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

I don’t believe that narrative. In Bellerin’s case apparently he was dropped 2 hours before the match according to today’s press. It must be something to do with their involvement or lack of in the players inquest and subsequent leaks to the media.
  10. Zyrth

Zyrth Well-Known Member

Ramsey would still make a poor front 3 due to his level of technique. It’s ok, but nothing to shout about when he’s being crowded out by defenders.

I still feel his skill sets best suit him for a role as a B2B midfielder. But only if he were to cut out his tendencies of bombing forward when the ball is being passed from our defenders to xhaka. That stinks of irresponsibility and also a hint of cowardice. Otherwise his late runs are a good weapon, and he is tenacious, good at winning back possession.
  11. The Ox

The Ox Well-Known Member

Ramsey is 27, one year younger than Theo Walcott... this is the time on a players career where clubs want to see a players prime while we're still discussing which parts of his game he needs to change.

We should admit that Ramsey hasn't quite developed as we expected and cut our losses. Otherwise we'll be left with another Walcott situation, keeping a clearly not good enough player for too long.
  12. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

He's had one good season and scored a couple of important goals, but other than that he's done nothing for us.
  13. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Another 3 games and he hits top form and then another 2 games then out injured.

Same crape every year with this player
  14. Longy

Longy Well-Known Member

He has potential.
  15. c00lguy

c00lguy Well-Known Member

He's a no.10 midfielder. Defending is not one of his priorities.
  16. c00lguy

You know that's not true. I doubt we'd have won all those FA cups without him.
  17. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Fixed :lol:
  18. Rimaal

He's not a 10, we have a 10 - we have several 10s in fact better than him - his role at Arsenal requires defending. If he can't do it, sell him.
    2UpFrontIsEnuf and Ricardinho like this.
  19. c00lguy

...But he is a 10. Both for Arsenal and for Wales we've seen attacking central midfield to be his best position. And he's very good at it.
  20. Don't think so.... He's always 1 of a midfield 2 along with the fact that no team ever plays 2 #10s (altho wenger is possibly capable of it). Imo the role he really fancies himself as is a 2nd striker. I miss the early days when he worked really hard on his long passing & other midfield skills...