Aaron Ramsey Scores Cup Winners

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

2. MaraDon

MaraDon Don't Cry For Me Argentina

wheater you like it our not he is our engine.
    Most important player in the team, we cant afford to lose him.
    asukru, Rygura, Raicore and 7 others like this.
  3. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

We just look better with him in the side.

There were no Ramsey haters in here or the transfer thread yesterday. I wonder why?
    Rygura and Raicore like this.
  4. Triniboy

Triniboy Active Member

Because he actually played like a midfielder which is what the majority of his critics are concerned with. If does that every game then I am happy to have him.
  5. Zyrth

Zyrth Well-Known Member

Exactly this. I noticed he was very disciplined in his position, mostly stationed where he is supposed to be in midfield, only choosing to go up and join the attack late, and he was rewarded for it.
    Triniboy likes this.
  6. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Well-Known Member

I wonder how this Jack-Granit-Aaron relationship would work in PL if they got a couple of games to adjust. Was brilliant yesterday, but it's different playing an italian side i guess.
  7. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Well-Known Member

I think Aaron would make a good captain, think he got that vocal side in him if he feels he got the responsibility. Love Kos but he is not a very good captain. Per was, Arteta to some extent.
    Rygura likes this.
  8. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

Ramsey has scored some very important goals for us, and we need to keep him
    Rygura and Raicore like this.
  9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Said everything for ages

Pity he’s leaving, my fave player.

Rumours Juventus scouts were watching him last night.
  10. Gooner n Proud

Gooner n Proud a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini

Those 3 played against City & we got trounced so I dont see it as a serious midfield long term plus Özil will likely want to play in the number 10 role instead of out wide.
  11. Longy

Longy Well-Known Member

He was better yesterday, but because it looked more discipline.

He may be an engine, but we do sacrifice in other areas because of it.

Xhaka, Wilshere, Ramsey all look at the same level ATM.
    Similar to when we had Giroud, Theo, Wellbeck up front.

Nothing that really pops. We need someone WC in there, it's our core and most critical area. You keep 2 of them 3 I believe.

Ramsey is playing to his level.
    Xhaka still seems lost
    Wilshere has the highest potential but needs to show us consistently.
  12. Garrincha

Garrincha AM Resident Joker #2

13. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

He's been dropped from the Wales Squad for their upcoming friendly.
  14. c00lguy

c00lguy Well-Known Member

What procedure? Is Ramsey not 100% yet we're playing him regardless?
  15. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne is Temporary, Squad Cost is Forever Trusted

Probably a keyhole hernia . . . or a circumcision ;)
  16. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory 4 at the back like a real football team Moderator

Thought he was excellent yesterday, was everywhere. He's having the same influence over games these days now as he was doing back during his big 2013-14 season. Need to keep this guy.
  17. El Duderino

El Duderino AM Photoshop Expert

Mentioned at the match day thread, Welbeck got his brace and Ramsey thinks about celebrating and then put his hands on the back of his head.

Probably thinking "that should've been my goal..."

Killer mentality.
  18. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

Also, the best thing about that goal was that it was another example of how devastating Wilshere and Ramsey can be together. Wenger and/or our next coach needs to play Wilshere in a more advanced position so that he can have an impact in the box. Not only can Wilshere score goals, but he can find Ramsey when he makes those runs.

The spacing of a front six of PEA, Mkhi, Wilshere, Ramsey, Özil, and Xhaka can be so devastating. PEA stretching the defense. PEA and Mkhi looking to link up with each other. Wilshere playing a similar role as Mkhi, but slightly deeper. Özil roaming everywhere and linking up with everyone. Ramsey playing B2B and making runs into the box. Xhaka focusing on defense, distribution, and using the movement of everyone ahead of him to have space for shots from deep.

A better coach would be able to get all of these players playing at this level for an entire season, and not once our season has basically imploded.
  19. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Is it because his contract is running down playing well and he gets a new bumper contract; the Theo way.

Or it could be that he has picked. Or simply because we are playing 3 in the middle.
  20. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Ramsey has never been the type of player to play for a contract.

It’s simple, when fit and in form he’s a top quality CM. I’ve noticed in the last few weeks he’s picked his opportunities to get forward a lot more wisely. Making those Lampard-esque late runs in the box.

Like @blaze_of_glory said, this is how he performed in 2013-14. When he’s struggling for form he has a tendency to drift forward aimlesslessy, exposing our midfield to counters. Against Milan in both legs he timed his forward runs to perfection.

He just needs to keep himself fit. Maybe get some dietary tips from Wilsh ;). We also need to tie him down ASAP. He’ll retire a legend here if he commits.
    Rygura, DasBootist, celestis and 5 others like this.