• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
IDK, feels like he needs Arteta from a couple of seasons ago to play alongside him. Flamini is just an awful partner and I don't think our other CM/DM options suit him very well.

Those late runs into the box were quite a sight.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He wasn't bad today, not great either, but surely not bad.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Disciplined himself much more, but that was too disciplined for me. Our attack looked crap without him running in as often, and he showed just how reliant on that we are.

He's pretty mediocre in the defensive portion of his game as well. Doesn't tackle or intercept particularly well, he needs Coq next to him so badly for that. Which is ok, but he needs to find dome defensive proficiency, looks useless there at times. Great link up play though, he's useful for when Monreal, Alexis, or some other player wants a backboard to bounce the ball off of.

benjamin86

Established Member
I know im a bit anti-Ramsey but here's my argument.

People saying Ramsey has been out of form and will soon start scoring goals but this is a concern.

Ramsey hasn't really ever been great for us bar the 3 month purple patch a few years ago.
He's been riding on that for a while now while we hope he'd turn it on again.

But here's what it was, a purple patch. These are occassional and do not depict the real ability of a play or indicate his ability to reproduce time and again (consistency).

Before the purple patch, he played as a DECENT CM and was growing into the role, defending and making the odd forward run but missing good chances.

The purple patch actually ruined him.
People began to judge him on his goal return while personally, his ego shot sky high.

Since then, Ramsey cares about goals and goals alone.
His odd run into the box turned into camping in and around the box with the odd defensive track while totally abandoning his position and thus, the teams shape.

Blaming Flam for his lack of discipline, which has been highlighted multiple times by Wenger too, is incorrect.

We expect another player to cover for his lack of defensive discipline means he's acting as a passenger.

If his attacking prowess was powerful, you could forgive him (as we do with Özil, although he's improved), but he's barely an attacking threat as he fluffs every chance he gets.

As it stands, at CM, I'd go with the below partners (in priority) to partner Coq

Santi
Wilsh
Neny (makes us very strong in the centre as he isnt attacking but puts a load on the front 4 to score)
Ramsey

At RW,
Welbeck
Campbell
Ramsey
Theo

So, to sum up, he does not make our XI on current form which has been piss since his purple patch.

Play for the team or just **** off!

I'd put Rosicky ahead of him in the CM standings as well. Ramsey is much better arriving on the end of things, his best position is CAM with Giroud in the same style as Lampard- Drogba.

Joeymarsh22

Ramsey is not technically a great player poor touch, poor distribution and he's even terrible and shooting his decision making is awful as well it baffles me how he is actually rated as a top midfielder ...... He's not up to the level of a Thiago, Xavi , deli Ali, cazorla, pogba, I can list of an arms length who would rather have in our midfield than him.

GOONER1991

Established Member
So funny. Ramsey is the scapegoat in midfield for what? He wasn't particularly poor today, he was actually somewhat more restrained in his play - things many have said he needs to do.

It seems if Ramsey doesn't score, he's had a bad game. Again note the useless Flamini partnering him.

Unfair criticism when there's the likes of Giroud, Flamini and Walcott who were awful.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Ramsey is not technically a great player poor touch, poor distribution and he's even terrible and shooting his decision making is awful as well it baffles me how he is actually rated as a top midfielder ...... He's not up to the level of a Thiago, Xavi , deli Ali, cazorla, pogba, I can list of an arms length who would rather have in our midfield than him.
Not a top midfielder... Then you go on to name Deli Alli, who has 6 months top flight experience and never played a CL game in his life.

Agree, Ramsey is weak technically. Touch often frustrates me.

sammy89

He's a mid table player who's over hyped since he's one of the few Britons who doesn't play like he's wearing gumboots. An OK sub for Arsenal, nothing more.

Joeymarsh22

Not a top midfielder... Then you go on to name Deli Alli, who has 6 months top flight experience and never played a CL game in his life.

I totally understand where you are coming from but Deli Ali is an unbelievable player yes he's on done it for 6 months but this kid is special..... To do what he's doing in the premier league he is a top top player and I don't read into all this rubbishy about playing in the champs league etc...I wouldn't be surprised if the big clubs around Europe Barcelona, Madrid are adding him to there summer transfer list

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Didn't notice him today. What I did notice was Flamini actively running away from the ball at times.

No one deserves that crap from their midfield partner

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So funny. Ramsey is the scapegoat in midfield for what? He wasn't particularly poor today, he was actually somewhat more restrained in his play - things many have said he needs to do.

It seems if Ramsey doesn't score, he's had a bad game. Again note the useless Flamini partnering him.

Unfair criticism when there's the likes of Giroud, Flamini and Walcott who were awful.

Giroud, Flamini and Walcott are taking criticism in their own threads and rightly so due to ongoing poor performances and so should Ramsey. Ramsey has been poor for a very lengthy period of time now so the criticism is hardly unfair.

Mitch

No but Alli is in very good form which is something Ramsey hasn't been in for two years now.

Mitch

Allí has ability though....have you seen the goals he has scored lol?

It's not just his goals but Alli's overall play has been good, in fact all of the Sp**s midfield trio (Dembele & Dier) have been great this season and work well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom