• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
So funny. Ramsey is the scapegoat in midfield for what? He wasn't particularly poor today, he was actually somewhat more restrained in his play - things many have said he needs to do.

It seems if Ramsey doesn't score, he's had a bad game. Again note the useless Flamini partnering him.

Unfair criticism when there's the likes of Giroud, Flamini and Walcott who were awful.

He's the scapegoat because useless Flamini probably isn't going to get much minutes once Coq is fit, while Ramsey is supposed to be one of the best players of the team. Supposed to pick up the slack while Coq/Caz is out. Yet he's rapidly descending to be in worse form than his 2012 era. People need to get this into their head, Ramsey's job as a box to box midfielder isn't to score goals. His job is to keep possession, get the ball from the back to the final third ASAP, also help Flamini in winning the ball back. All which he is doing a terrible job at. People are in full denial and sticking their heads in the sand if they think Ramsey will be playing much better once Coq replaces Flamini.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Flamini is awful. That doesn't absolve Ramsey from his responsibilities. Flamini is not the reason Ramsey can't complete a 5 yard pass .That's Ramsey's fault. Flamini is not the reason Ramsey takes a decade to get the ball under control when he receives it. Flamini is not the one who makes him play ahead of every other outfield player when he's supposed to be a midfielder. That is also Ramsey's fault. I could go on. At the end of the day from the manager down there is a shocking lack of personal responsibility in this team. Too many of our players run and hide and are content to blame the referee or spout sh*t about bouncing back to the website after they fail to turn up. Players should want to be accountable. Every player in this squad should have the mentality that Alexis has without being prompted. Since that doesn't happen in the real world you need someone to lead and hold people accountable. How do people think Fergie won all those trophies? Some of those teams he won with were just barely above average when you really looked at the individual pieces. What won was Fergie putting the fear of god into them. For us I have to believe it used to be the likes of Adams, Keown and Vieira who took up that role of demanding performance. Nobody does it now which is why Ramsey can completely abandon his responsibilities and still be the first name on the team sheet.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Did anyone notice how much he stayed back today? And how much his lack of in-between-the-lines runs hurt our attack?

And he still gets ****ed like mad for his performance. Ridiculous.

say yes

forum master baiter
Starting to lose faith in Ramsey.

Take away the goals and what is there to him? He's not disciplined defensively, he's never shown much ability to control the tempo of a game. He's not a kid any more and I'm sick of our midfield being ****.

Unless he rekindles his 13/14 form- and you've got to worry whether that will ever happen, I don't see much of a future for him in a functioning central midfield.

How much were City supposed to be offering? I love the guy but it wouldn't be hard to improve on his recent showings.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He's integral to us when he is coming of the flank . As a CM there is not much point no . We looked better in the 2nd half because Alexis was basically dropping deep and receiving the ball , Kos was playing out half the time . Not sure why he doesn't drop deep and give an easy passing option to Flamini .

Aevi

Hale End FC
Starting to lose faith in Ramsey.

Take away the goals and what is there to him? He's not disciplined defensively, he's never shown much ability to control the tempo of a game. He's not a kid any more and I'm sick of our midfield being ****.

Unless he rekindles his 13/14 form- and you've got to worry whether that will ever happen, I don't see much of a future for him in a functioning central midfield.

How much were City supposed to be offering? I love the guy but it wouldn't be hard to improve on his recent showings.
The game today showed that he is aware of his deficiencies, and making steps in the right direction. Of course he won't get it right right away, but he managed to split his duties correctly this time.

Wouldn't say it was an amazing performance, but it is wrong to start crashing down on him now of all times. Get where I'm coming from?

say yes

forum master baiter
The game today showed that he is aware of his deficiencies, and making steps in the right direction. Of course he won't get it right right away, but he managed to split his duties correctly this time.

Wouldn't say it was an amazing performance, but it is wrong to start crashing down on him now of all times. Get where I'm coming from?

Yeah completely. I'd say Ramsey was poor but not as bad as Flamini/Walcott/Giroud, who were all awful.

He's still got time on his side- I'd like to see him stake a claim to the position.

blaze_of_glory

I think we need to try him back on the right. Get Elneny in CM with Coquelin until Wilshere is back and let Ramsey do his thing on the wing. Play Theo up top if need be, we need a shakeup to get the goals back.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think we need to try him back on the right. Get Elneny in CM with Coquelin until Wilshere is back and let Ramsey do his thing on the wing. Play Theo up top if need be, we need a shakeup to get the goals back.
I would agree from a Ramsey point of view, but I am very impartial to chucking both Campbell and Chamberlain (as young prospects) out the window. Doesn't feel right.

Then again, we've arrived at a point where we want to start chugging out results, so it might be the right short-term solution.

I personally prefer having two actual wingers as a 4231 rather than the 4222 with Ramsey, but back to the point of results, if we must, we must. It's not as if it makes us sacrifice beautiful football.

blaze_of_glory

I would agree from a Ramsey point of view, but I am very impartial to chucking both Campbell and Chamberlain (as young prospects) out the window. Doesn't feel right.

Then again, we've arrived at a point where we want to start chugging out results, so it might be the right short-term solution.

I personally prefer having two actual wingers as a 4231 rather than the 4-2-2-2 with Ramsey, but back to the point of results, if we must, we must. It's not as if it makes us sacrifice beautiful football.
Well I think they can still both play a role as subs and even starting certain games. We need short term results at this point like you say.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup we need to get the engine room going . We need the midfielders to keep supplying Sanchez and Özil . Right now there is no life and no intent in midfield .

Aevi

Hale End FC
My main issue with the Ramsey RW option is that it doesn't exactly give us more attacking threat (directly).

If I recall correctly, he scored 1 goal there? Maybe it benefited the players around him more and made them better in front of goal, but we can't technically prove that just as we can't prove that for when Theo is at striker (or so I believe you have argued).

I personally think Chamberlain is our biggest goal threat at RW at the moment, especially as unlike the others he hasn't reached top form and still finds good positions, albeit netting 0 goals bar the Community Shield.

It's all about guessing at this point, whether a change in formation or simply player but same system would give us a better output. Who really knows, it's just too tough to prove. All we can do is keep testing them out.

blaze_of_glory

I think it did benefit the team overall. Though some of that was likely down to what the Santi/Coq midfield offered as well. Ramsey could score zero goals for the rest of his time here for all I care so long as his play helps us win.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think it did benefit the team overall. Though some of that was likely down to what the Santi/Coq midfield offered as well. Ramsey could score zero goals for the rest of his time here for all I care so long as his play helps us win.
Just like you said though, it could be attributed to other aspects of the team. Maybe it was having Caz in midfield. Maybe it was having Theo at striker. Maybe it was simply having Alexis firing.

All these things have changed since our great run, and to pick one out and say "this is what caused it" is a bold statement. As I said, it's difficult to prove what system is best. Too many factors involved that could change the outcome.

We'll see, first Wenger has to stick Ramsey back at RW to know. Reckon he needs another go at CM with Coquelin, just to have a proper look. Despite Ramsey's own shortcomings, Flamini as a partner would bring anyone down a level by giving them an extra load to do. Ramsey himself has showed improvement by not neglecting his defensive duties vs Southampton, he is heading in the right direction as is.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Maybe he will fire again, maybe not.

But we need him at CM. If he is not working at CM, we should bench him.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Rambo can't do any good for some. When he is trying to make things happen in the final third and making good runs, he should stay back to protect the defence at all costs and when he does he is being blamed for not being a distributor like Santi. To be clear, the first is his natural game and the latter isn't and personally I don't give a rats ass he can't control games, because he offers plenty in the final third.

His touches have been letting him down at times, yes, but he is being unfairly judged as a playmaker from deep, while his game isn't that and the rest of his game that doesn't fit into this frame of what people want him to do is brushed aside as 'lack of positional discipline' or simply forgotten about.

Played very badly. Playing next to Flamini can only save him so much flack, does not explain an inability to give 5 yard passes, cumbersome, pointless dribbling into trouble and having no footballing intelligence and awareness whatsoever.

The last 2 years since 13/14 have been bang average, played at a comparable level to someone like James Mccarthy. 'Purple patches' are indicative of form, not ability, think Michu, Rickie Lambert etc.

Would bite your hand for 15 mill for Ramsey, though I'm sure we could somehow blag 25-30 million from Liverpool who need players with 'high work rate' and little actual ability.

LordBump

Ramsey is just not good enough, simple as that.

What are you all gonna say when he's still poor with Coquelin ?
He needs someone else ?

I've followed Ramsey since he joined and other than that 3 month purple patch, he has been poor.
But I get he is Wengers darling.

He is Jordan Henderson level, nothing more.
He is an anchor on our play.
Flamini just makes it more laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom