• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
So Bayern need to look in the mirror because they couldn't incorporate Podolski? Now that's nonsense.

The guy came to us when he lost the last bit of speed he had, so his limitations became even more clear. He was not good enough for us in the end, he did well when he played, that's all.

For Germany, they simply did not have anyone better, but as soon as complete wingers like Reus came to town Poldi was reduced to a marginal player. Though, he had a great career for them, no doubt, I followed him closely way before he joined us.
Oh please.He was 21 years old when he moved to Bayern and flopped. Henry flopped at Juventus. So what? 11 goals and 9 assists in 25 appearances his first season when he was subbed off in most of those matches is pretty damn good for a limited player. After that he hardly played. Those are better numbers than what you get from Walcott most years and he never needed 4 chances to score a goal. Nobody is trying to suggest that he was the complete player or even that he should have been a nailed on starter.

What is obvious is that he scored when he played. He put up 8 goals and 2 assists in 14 appearances the following season. Again, pretty damn good for someone so limited who apparently wasn't good enough. And even if we took your (wrong) assessment as correct just for argument's sake, what is the manager doing bringing in players who aren't good enough? That's the trouble with Wenger sycophants. You sit behind your keyboards feeling clever when you say the players aren't good enough as though that absolves Wenger of guilt not realizing that you're dropping the proverbial soap by failing to recognize that he's solely responsible for bringing them in.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He is actually a very intelligent player who is very similar to Griezmann but never got the opportunity in his favoured position.
He could do a job on the flank and wasn't capable of playing as a 9 due to his lack of running in behind and movement
You've proved exactly why he's nothing like Griezemann.

Most similar player to Griezemann we've had recently is Theo. They both have great movement in behind and aren't the best dribblers but that's where the similarities end.

I wanted us to sign Griezemann when we were removing Vela's buy-out clause, he was playing Walcott's role on the right at the time but doing it so much better.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Oh please.He was 21 years old when he moved to Bayern and flopped. Henry flopped at Juventus. So what? 11 goals and 9 assists in 25 appearances his first season when he was subbed off in most of those matches is pretty damn good for a limited player. After that he hardly played. Those are better numbers than what you get from Walcott most years and he never needed 4 chances to score a goal. Nobody is trying to suggest that he was the complete player or even that he should have been a nailed on starter.

What is obvious is that he scored when he played. He put up 8 goals and 2 assists in 14 appearances the following season. Again, pretty damn good for someone so limited who apparently wasn't good enough. And even if we took your (wrong) assessment as correct just for argument's sake, what is the manager doing bringing in players who aren't good enough? That's the trouble with Wenger sycophants. You sit behind your keyboards feeling clever when you say the players aren't good enough as though that absolves Wenger of guilt not realizing that you're dropping the proverbial soap by failing to recognize that he's solely responsible for bringing them in.

So what how old he was? Your argument was that he was brilliant for Germany, and he was mostly brilliant for them in his younger years, so why wasn't he brilliant for Bayern as well going by your well-thought assessment. But, clearly you know **** all about Podolski, and you're just talking out your arse.

The guy went to ****ing Galasatary afterwards ffs, and flopped at Inter on loan, maybe, just maybe, he isn't as good as you make him out to be? - but clearly "Any manager or club that can't find a way to incorporate a finisher as clinical as Poldi needs to look in the mirror" need to ask Batman from Arsenal-Mania for advice. Barcelona and Real Madrid should aproach you. :lol:

Then you go onto hang out Theo, who put better numbers than those in that exact same season, a similiar and limited player. That's the problem, their general play is ****, and not good enough for a team wanting to compete with the absolute best.

As for the rest of your post. This had nothing to do with why we bought him in the first place, but more with your utter lack of insight of big clubs apparently should be looking themselves in the mirror because of an average player like Podolski. Hilarious posting, keep it up. :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

So what how old he was? Your argument was that he was brilliant for Germany, and he was mostly brilliant for them in his younger years, so why wasn't he brilliant for Bayern as well going by your well-thought assessment. But, clearly you know **** all about Podolski, and you're just talking out your arse.

The guy went to ****ing Galasatary afterwards ffs, and flopped at Inter on loan, maybe, just maybe, he isn't as good as you make him out to be? - but clearly "Any manager or club that can't find a way to incorporate a finisher as clinical as Poldi needs to look in the mirror" need to ask Batman from Arsenal-Mania for advice. Barcelona and Real Madrid should aproach you. :lol:

Then you go onto hang out Theo, who put better numbers than those in that exact same season, a similiar and limited player. That's the problem, their general play is ****, and not good enough for a team wanting to compete with the absolute best.

As for the rest of your post. This had nothing to do with why we bought him in the first place, but more with your utter lack of insight of big clubs apparently should be looking themselves in the mirror because of an average player like Podolski. Hilarious posting, keep it up. :lol:
Is English your first language? Because if so the bold is absolutely shocking. Yes he was brilliant for Germany. And he wasn't for Bayern. That goes back to the original point that he wasn't in a set up that suited him and clearly there was enough there for someone to have gotten more out of him. The secondary point is that that young players flopping at big clubs is not an indication that they aren't quality. In fact the person who shows clear lack of understanding here is you because you don't seem to grasp that a club of Bayern's stature which should have gotten more out of Podolski simply doesn't need to because of their resources. It's the same reason Gotze is back at Dortmund. He's not bang average at all but a club like Bayern doesn't need to worry about catering to a particular player's strengths as much as we do given their massive level of quality.

I'm sorry if that was too complicated for you. Maybe English is in fact your second language. I'm not hanging out Theo. Theo's play is hanging out Theo. That his one good season here came the same year Podolski arrived is irrelevant. He's a less clinical player who offers nothing outside of goals anymore and yet he's been handed a starting role here Podolski who apparently was not good enough put up better numbers on average in his 2 years playing semi-regularly than Theo has over his 10 stealing a living. Then for your last party trick you talk about a then 30 year old going to play in Turkey as if it's some shock that his level is dropping. Judas is plying his trade there too. Judas was a shell of himself literally the year after leaving us. That's not to compare them as players because Judas clearly was levels above him but it's no crime that Podolski's level has dropped.

Now since you'd like to bang on about people needing my advice, I'm sure the folks in the Germany setup are ruing handing Podolski 130 caps because Furious from Arsenal-Mania thinks he's bang average. I'm absolutely positive that they're kicking themselves right now and wondering what you'd have done differently. I hear Low will even stop manhandling himself in public if you'd be kind enough to lend your vaunted opinion. :rolleyes:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

:lol::lol:

Just your regular day on AM. This club is slowly killing us all.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@Furious is bang on here @Batman Podolski God bless him was an exceptionally limited player. He'd be perfect for a Sunderland or Swansea where they can afford to have a player who offers nothing other than a really good shot. Not surprising he done well at Koln for that reason. When in a dog fight you need someone who can score the goals to keep you up.

We need something a bit more if you're planning on leading the line. Strange as to why Wenger signed him. And that's a fair point you've made. We have a lot of signings that are similar to Podolski that have cost us big money and not been worth it.

Ps getting caps for Germany is laudable but Mertesacker has what around 100 caps and he isnt all that. Some players find themselves in a fortunate position to acquire those caps. Doesn't mean that they are true superstars of the game.

Furious

Is English your first language? Because if so the bold is absolutely shocking. Yes he was brilliant for Germany. And he wasn't for Bayern. That goes back to the original point that he wasn't in a set up that suited him and clearly there was enough there for someone to have gotten more out of him. The secondary point is that that young players flopping at big clubs is not an indication that they aren't quality. In fact the person who shows clear lack of understanding here is you because you don't seem to grasp that a club of Bayern's stature which should have gotten more out of Podolski simply doesn't need to because of their resources. It's the same reason Gotze is back at Dortmund. He's not bang average at all but a club like Bayern doesn't need to worry about catering to a particular player's strengths as much as we do given their massive level of quality

No, it's my third, Batboy, and I usually type from my phone so there are a few shockers here and there, but go on the grammar, because your arguments are getting worse and worse. :lol: Anyhow, what a load of bollocks. Going back to your Henry example, he went on to have an incredible career, while Podolski only will be remembered by feckin Koln. Terrible excuses, he wasn't good enough for them, just like he wasn't good enough for us. Lmao at the bolded bit - well, that goes for us as well, we don't have time for a static footballer, who's only trait is a wand of a left foot, therefore we shipped him on.

I'm sorry if that was too complicated for you. Maybe English is in fact your second language. I'm not hanging out Theo. Theo's play is hanging out Theo. That his one good season here came the same year Podolski arrived is irrelevant. He's a less clinical player who offers nothing outside of goals anymore and yet he's been handed a starting role here Podolski who apparently was not good enough put up better numbers on average in his 2 years playing semi-regularly than Theo has over his 10 stealing a living. Then for your last party trick you talk about a then 30 year old going to play in Turkey as if it's some shock that his level is dropping. Judas is plying his trade there too. Judas was a shell of himself literally the year after leaving us. That's not to compare them as players because Judas clearly was levels above him but it's no crime that Podolski's level has dropped.

Theo offers great movement, and pace - those chances he gets are HIS credit - that he misses a few is irrelevant, every player does. Podolski however offers nothing other than a good shot, and he could barely create that shot for himself, so that he was clinical is pretty feckin useless.

No, it's no crime that his level has dropped, which is my point, his level wasn't good enough for us, therefore he was sold, not your bollocks that clubs should look themselves in the mirror if they can't fit in a player like Poldi. Ffs, still laughing reading that.:lol:

Now since you'd like to bang on about people needing my advice, I'm sure the folks in the Germany setup are ruing handing Podolski 130 caps because Furious from Arsenal-Mania thinks he's bang average. I'm absolutely positive that they're kicking themselves right now and wondering what you'd have done differently. I hear Low will even stop manhandling himself in public if you'd be kind enough to lend your vaunted opinion. :rolleyes:

What a shocking argument, I'm in tears. :lol: Well, Walcott is nearing 400 appearances for Arsenal, he must be godsend as well then? Or Mertesacker, like Bingobob mentioned. Terrible stuff.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You have to love how Furious and Makingtrax are making and 'liking' posts that **** on Podolski (and other players for that matter), while they nosh Wenger off--the guy that signed him, and all the other players that are considered crap--in other threads.

:lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think you can safely rename this thread: Aaron Ramsey: 2013-14 was a purple patch
without fear of contradiction.
i'd rename it simply to "turncoat" He has the ability, but doesnt want to, for some reason.

Furious

You have to love how Furious and Makingtrax are making and 'liking' posts that **** on Podolski (and other players for that matter), while they nosh Wenger off--the guy that signed him, and all the other players that are considered crap--in other threads.

:lol:

You have to love how Jury is 'liking' posts that **** on Wenger, while he nushes Alexis off--the guy who was signed by Wenger.

Seems like it works both ways. :lol:

Mod edit: no personal attacks. You've been warned before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
How can it be a purple patch when he hit double figures the following season, despite missing significant time through injury?

It's not all about end product numbers but the all round performances which Ramsey has been very poor ever since his 3 or 4 month purple patch. Otherwise we all be praising Walcott this season for his productivity but we rightly not doing so as his performances have been lacking.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You have to love how Jury is 'liking' posts that **** on Wenger, while he nushes Alexis off--the guy who was signed by Wenger.

@Makingtrax look at this loser, making **** up. Apparently you cannot **** on a player without mentioning Wenger.
Nope, doesn't work that way. Maybe you needed more time. Poor effort, as per. :lol:

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Mod edit: no personal attacks. You've been warned before.
People now trying to interpret reasons for liking a post.

It's all beyond me mate. Just a simple poster trying to call it as I see it, just like yourself.

Worried @Jury is getting paranoid. Mental health is not a joking matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom