• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is if you're planning to sue Wenger for sending me into a deep depression. I'll be the richest man who's covered in his own faeces whilst howling at street lamps, in the world. :drool:
Have you thought this through. Difficult to sue someone for making you mad if people can testify that you're already bonkers. :p

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It's not all about end product numbers but the all round performances which Ramsey has been very poor ever since his 3 or 4 month purple patch.
Purple patch usually relates to goals, no? I agree he hasn't consistently played at that level since 13/14 but he hasn't been as bad as people on here make out.
Im off to make a 'purple patch' thread about Ozils's best 6 month period at Arsenal. :lol:
:lol: Jury back at it again with Özil Deflection.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Back to Ramsey, he was on the end of some heavy tackles yesterday. He made some good runs into the box without looking dangerous when it mattered. He put in some good diagonal crosses too. He did make a couple of good tackles but that was to retrieve possession after he lost it. He gave away a couple of free kicks in dangerous areas too.
The most important thing is that he lost possession when pressed. He made safe and decent passes when given time and boy did he take his time when Ireland stood off with every angle covered. He didn't dribble and many passes were sideways and safe. He can run all day but has no pace to win the ball and turn defence into attack. He's not for me and I think his ability such as it is is too niche for us.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not bothered either way, but it'd be hard to understand if we end up selling Wilshere and Ramsey whilst the likes of Elneny, Coquelin and Xhaka are here.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Back to Ramsey, he was on the end of some heavy tackles yesterday. He made some good runs into the box without looking dangerous when it mattered. He put in some good diagonal crosses too. He did make a couple of good tackles but that was to retrieve possession after he lost it. He gave away a couple of free kicks in dangerous areas too.
The most important thing is that he lost possession when pressed. He made safe and decent passes when given time and boy did he take his time when Ireland stood off with every angle covered. He didn't dribble and many passes were sideways and safe. He can run all day but has no pace to win the ball and turn defence into attack. He's not for me and I think his ability such as it is is too niche for us.
To give a shorter summary - he was pretty poor, as he has been at Arsenal lately, but he put in some nice corners. The only midfielder who played well was Joe Allen.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not bothered either way, but it'd be hard to understand if we end up selling Wilshere and Ramsey whilst the likes of Elneny, Coquelin and Xhaka are here.

TBF, Eleny and Xhaka have been here less than a yr ( a bit more for Elneny). I would also add that I feel more comfortable with those two in MF than Ramsey.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Why? Because of £££££££££. We can make a good amount of money selling Wilshere and Ramsey, if we can get someone to shell out money for Elneny and Coquelin we should sell them too. Heck if Bayern is willing to pay £50m for Xhaka we should consider selling him, but realistically it will be near impossible not to make a lost selling Xhaka now.

Either way there is one thing we absolutely cannot do and that is offer Ramsey a new contract. Cause he definitely does not deserve one.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Good stuff

What the **** happened? Either Arteta is some sort of a magician or perhaps Ramsey's heart is just not in it anymore, he's lost confidence or injuries have completely taken their toll on him (possibly a combination of the three).

How can you go from a guy who not only score loads, was good defensively but also helped us dominate games and was arguably the most dangerous midfield in the league for a period of about 18 months to this?

I have a theory that he genuinely thought he might get interest from Real and Barca after that good period but it never happened and he's been on a complete downer for about 2 year or so. The whole game seems like a complete chore for him at times.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

IN SAYING THAT....

Ramsey's form over that period probably came down to two things, consistency and confidence. He had a consistent place alongside Arteta in a team which never really changed it's structure with Cazorla constantly playing wide to come in as the "extra-man" in centre midfield and Ramsey became comfortable. Then as he got used to it his confidence grew and he started expressing himself a lot more knowing that he was able to and we saw what happened then.

Since then Arteta's decline meant we had to look for new options in midfield and while Ramsey was having his usual slight injury problems Wenger saw Cazorla-Coquelin as the short term solution while Ramsey was pushed wide when fit. So other than the odd run of games beside Flamini or Coquelin he never really cemented himself or was comfortable in the same way he was in the system alongside Arteta. Which takes up to last summer when we signed Xhaka, who Wenger did not trust straight away because he was new to the team and league. Ramsey quickly got injured and we never really saw the partnership until the second half of the NLD and then not again until Basel away and then a run in early January of about 4 games before Ramsey got injured once again (after a Xhaka sending off a few days before).

So I've possibly just answered my own question...

What the **** happened? Either Arteta is some sort of a magician or perhaps Ramsey's heart is just not in it anymore, he's lost confidence or injuries have completely taken their toll on him (possibly a combination of the three).

How can you go from a guy who not only score loads, was good defensively but also helped us dominate games and was arguably the most dangerous midfield in the league for a period of about 18 months to this?

I have a theory that he genuinely thought he might get interest from Real and Barca after that good period but it never happened and he's been on a complete downer for about 2 year or so. The whole game seems like a complete chore for him at times.

What happened is that he has barely got a run of games this season.

GoonerJay24

IN SAYING THAT....

Ramsey's form over that period probably came down to two things, consistency and confidence. He had a consistent place alongside Arteta in a team which never really changed it's structure with Cazorla constantly playing wide to come in as the "extra-man" in centre midfield and Ramsey became comfortable. Then as he got used to it his confidence grew and he started expressing himself a lot more knowing that he was able to and we saw what happened then.

Since then Arteta's decline meant we had to look for new options in midfield and while Ramsey was having his usual slight injury problems Wenger saw Cazorla-Coquelin as the short term solution while Ramsey was pushed wide when fit. So other than the odd run of games beside Flamini or Coquelin he never really cemented himself or was comfortable in the same way he was in the system alongside Arteta. Which takes up to last summer when we signed Xhaka, who Wenger did not trust straight away because he was new to the team and league. Ramsey quickly got injured and we never really saw the partnership until the second half of the NLD and then not again until Basel away and then a run in early January of about 4 games before Ramsey got injured once again (after a Xhaka sending off a few days before).

So I've possibly just answered my own question...

I honestly really think Alexis's arrival has negatively affected Ramsey's form as he isn't a winger similar to Wilshere, Cazorla and Rosicky back in 13-14 who were fully in sync with our system and dropping into midfield alongside Arteta/Flamini behind Özil who'd linkup with Giroud and Ramsey in the attacking third.
Ive said many times that despite Sanchez's productivity the man has really disrupted our playing style at times since he arrived.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I honestly really think Alexis's arrival has negatively affected Ramsey's form as he isn't a winger similar to Wilshere, Cazorla and Rosicky back in 13-14 who were fully in sync with our system and dropping into midfield alongside Arteta/Flamini behind Özil who'd linkup with Giroud and Ramsey in the attacking third.
Ive said many times that despite Sanchez's productivity the man has really disrupted our playing style at times since he arrived.

The latest excuse for Ramsey ****ty seasons : Alexis! One can learn everyday here. This board can be amazing! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

InvertedFootballer

That defensive falloff is a tactical instruction, the guy who wants him bombing forward to cover ground on attacking moves the 90% of the time Theo Walcott remains invisible is Wenger. The guy who doesn't want him to get a stable place in midfield where we can exploit his workrate at least to pad those stats because Wilshere might come good is Wenger (pd: this is ruining Ox too).

Guy proved his worth recently in another setup, doing something only like 4 of our other players seem able to do. His fitness and shooting are **** (guy breaks apart after 3 games in a row) but if we don't want to use him properly, it's better for both parties to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom