• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was very poor on the ball. Always runs a lot and was good tracking back today though. Bu still not seeing anything to convince me we need him.

In my opinion, the fact he runs a lot and can be a box to box midfielder who is also technically able means we do need him. Bar Elneny, we don't have anyone who can do that.

In a clear role i.e like he grew into it today or/and like the one he plays for Wales he is very useful. What we need is a variety of different players who all complement each other. Today's Ramsey, the aggressive box to box ball winner who also get's on the end of things in the opponent's box is perfect in a three in midfield. A real DM, a creator/technical midfielder ala Cazorla/Modric/Kroos and a box to box like Ramsey is perfect.

The problem is, we've often stuck him with Flamini or Xhaka who is still finding his feet. His below par performances have been as a result of regaining fitness or poor management. He would thrive under a Poch, Mourinho or Conte. Probably, less so under a Wenger, Klopp or Guardiola.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Thought he was very poor on the ball. Always runs a lot and was good tracking back today though. Bu still not seeing anything to convince me we need him.

Thank God that's back at least . Ramsey usually takes 10-15 games to get into stride but it only happens when his work rate is going , which it seems to be fingers crossed , might have a blinder in the final by my timescale:drool:

ARSNLNO1

I thought Ramsey & Xhaka played well yesterday, they work well together but they were both faced with the same issue which forced them out of position time and time again... that huge whole between midfield and attack that Özil creates. Özil really was terrible yesterday, he is so lazy and you would have thought he was the center forward yesterday not Giroud.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Özil is an unnecessary luxury that Arsenal do not need right now and that extra mad in midfield to link the attack would benefit that team far more.

arsmile

Established Member
Ramsey was good when he massively simplified his game. When he's trying to spot passes or dribble through people he looks ridiculous

When he's running round hustling he's a good compliment to xhaka

OSBK

Established Member
Ramsey was good when he massively simplified his game. When he's trying to spot passes or dribble through people he looks ridiculous

When he's running round hustling he's a good compliment to xhaka

Completely agree.

He keeps it simple he looks good and the midfield works.

When he turns messi mode on he looks like jimmy bullard

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

You just have to think that there are LOADS of better players out there, we should always be looking to improve the first 11. If he can accept being a squad player then fine. There has to be some loyalty but it's been long enough, 1 half decent performance every 4 months is miles from being enough.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
when you play him its like you are playing with 15 man instead of 11.
world class when he feels like it. if he only had consistency.

Ramsey gives possession away too easily, and often dangerously. He hasn't played consistently well for years. Wenger once again resisting form and relying on his old 'suck-up' mates. We should have sold when we could have got good money.

blaise

I wanted Ramsey out for years but wouldnt sell him to a manager who would know how to utilize him. Against City he was pretty good. If we buy one more midfielder so he can always play with Xhaka or another midfielder good on ball I am against selling now. In this system when there arent as much players around him or ours in front of him he can finally maximize his strenghts, run,run,run, cover massive space. His technique will probably always be **** but with right man next to(Xhaka and new guy) he could become viable member of 1st 11. Even the goal wasnt entirely his fault, there should have been at least one more player behind him. With games he should grow into position and become more aware and protective of the ball.
Cant believe what I am saying but I want him to stay now, those who I dont see making it in this system are Giroud, Walcott, Coq, Wilshere( just think that he will never be back).

scytheavatar

Established Member
You guys attempting to make excuses for Ramsey and Xhaka are ridiculous.... if they were "pretty good" against City then how the hell did City dominate possession 66% to 34%? Ramsey and Xhaka were terrible against City, got completely dominated by past it Yaya Toure and were lucky to be bailed out by our defense.

OSBK

Established Member
You guys attempting to make excuses for Ramsey and Xhaka are ridiculous.... if they were "pretty good" against City then how the hell did City dominate possession 66% to 34%? Ramsey and Xhaka were terrible against City, got completely dominated by past it Yaya Toure and were lucky to be bailed out by our defense.

And yet we won 2-1 and in the final.

To quote shearer "possession does not win games"

Sp**s dominated possession against chelsea, did kante and matic play poor?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think he was average again. Not average like Elneny, but average when you combine his **** moments with his good ones.

You can't have either type of average at a team that apparently wants to challenge for titles but it's obvious why Ramsey's average is much more dangerous than Elneny's average.

Reactions: BBF

blaise

With 3-4-3 we will have much less possesion than usual, but hopefully we will be more effective with it like against City. I wonder what change of tactic were some of you expecting with a new manager. But for Ramsey less possesion is much better.Then he looks like a player. We will be a bit more like Chelsea now. Final will be a chess game.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey has had dreadful luck with injuries, can never seem to get a run going.

No matter how much you train, it's minutes on the pitch that matter most. He's started a few on the bounce now, hopefully he keeps it going, he's still finding match rhythm.

He's been improving week on week, I'm hoping for a strong performance tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

mm76

Yer Da

Toure looked ten years younger in that game, there's no denying it

mm76

Yer Da
Ramsey is absolute sh**e - worse than useless, he's actually a 12th player for the opposition, losing the ball in key places and creating chances for the other team.

absolute waste of space and if Wenger doesn't sell him it's a joke

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Ramsey is absolute sh**e - worse than useless, he's actually a 12th player for the opposition, losing the ball in key places and creating chances for the other team.

absolute waste of space and if Wenger doesn't sell him it's a f*****g joke
You're in a cheerful mood today.

I agree though.

Keplaz

Ramsey confuses me. I don't know if Wenger is to blame for playing him out of position so much or for the insecurity that makes him try and overdo things to stand out. I think there's a real player in there but he needs stability and confidence. Selling him would be a mistake for us because I feel he will explode for someone and we will end up regretting it. It would good for him because the team isn't set up to play to his strengths. I think the Özil role is his ideal position but Özil already plays there. I think one more season to see if he can replicate that unplayable season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom