• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We've given him enough time. Its clear now he's not the player we thought he was/could be. A really good midfielder doesn't need some mythical unicorn midfield partner to make him look useful. He's got a good engine, some games it comes in handy, I'll give him credit for that. But holy smoke, is he ever **** at football.

Seriously the abuse/hate for Ramsey is ridiculous.

Why can't a Welshman try a flick in the attacking third? The amount of flicks I've seen fail from the likes of Sanchez, Ronaldo, Bergkamp, Zidane and nobody says anything, but because it's Ramsey he's not allowed.

Is Ramsey going to be the guy to single handedly take us to the next level? No, but is he a good player? Yes. He has strong/weak points but he's a good all round central midfielder who like every player in world football needs to be utilized in the right way. People are talking like he's some sort of pub player. He's a good player who is technically much better than you guys are giving him credit for.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Seriously the abuse/hate for Ramsey is ridiculous.

Why can't a Welshman try a flick in the attacking third? The amount of flicks I've seen fail from the likes of Sanchez, Ronaldo, Bergkamp, Zidane and nobody says anything, but because it's Ramsey he's not allowed.

Is Ramsey going to be the guy to single handedly take us to the next level? No, but is he a good player? Yes. He has strong/weak points but he's a good all round central midfielder who like every player in world football needs to be utilized in the right way. People are talking like he's some sort of pub player. He's a good player who is technically much better than you guys are giving him credit for.

He is technically atrocious. His best qualities are his stamina and off the ball movement from time to time but rest of his more important abilities are closer to pub level than the level required.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I can't believe I actually just read that.

He is technically atrocious. His best qualities are his stamina and off the ball movement from time to time but rest of his more important abilities are closer to pub level than the level required.

LOL. Don't make me laugh.

You are technically atrocious. Idiots on fan forums seriously seriously underestimate the level of ability you need to be a professional footballer at the lowest professional level. I'm talking League 2/Conference or the fourth division in Spain. Pub/Amateur players can't even compete anywhere near to the level of a fourth division player in Spain. I've seen it with my own eyes, from the lowest level to the top and everything inbetween.

To say Aaron Ramsey or any professional player is technically atrocious can't be taken seriously.

Seriously.

I can't believe I actually just read that.

I wasn't comparing them as players. I don't know if that's what you think I meant.

What I meant which should be clear, even the very top players try things which don't come off.

Wenger encourages creativity in his players. We've seen some great goals around the box like Wilshere's vs Norwich with flicks etc.

What I am discouraging and disliking is the fact that somebody like Welbeck will try a flick around the opponent's area and it won't come off. That is fine, it happens and it's part of the game. Ramsey will do the same and everyone will go crazy. The video I posted above shows him being creative and many skills/moments of flair have come off which shows his is able to do it. Many players can't do what he can do.

Maybe it's because Piers Morgan has had a go at him in social media in previous years and all the sheep follow. Maybe it's because he get's his head down, works hard and doesn't act like a clown on social media so people don't refer to him as the king of banter etc.

Aaron Ramsey has offered as much to this football club in recent years as the likes of Wilshere, Ox, Welbeck, Walcott.

I appreciate people's assessment of Ramsey as a player in comparison to the midfield players of Bayern Munich, Juventus and Real Madrid.

The fact of the matter is Aaron Ramsey isn't a weak link in our squad. Would replacing Ramsey with Thiago, Kroos, Busquets or Modric improve our team? Of course and I would do it tomorrow. But if we replaced Cazorla, Coquelin or Elneny with any of the above it would improve our squad.

Aaron Ramsey is a reflection of where we are as a club and squad. He's a good top four Premier League midfielder but not and will never be a world world class player. If you are overhauling our squad from top to bottom and replacing them with the world's best players then be my guest sell the lot of them.

But you know, because it suits some people's agendas and they like to moan they will criticise Ramsey because he's an easy target.

Ramsey would thrive under a Mourinho or Pochettino. It's laughable you have a manager who basically says go out and play, be free, be creative and then fans complain that he's trying flicks.

If you dislike Ramsey because you see the overall picture of our squad/team strength that's fine but to single out Ramsey as a pub player and technically bad is quite frankly stupid and you probably have no idea what technically bad actually is.

LOL like a pub player.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Has anyone in our team got a better collection of screamers? Alexis possibly?

Ramsey2.gif

7qyJolg.gif

yNiCVx1.gif

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Has anyone in our team got a better collection of screamers? Alexis possibly?

Ramsey2.gif

7qyJolg.gif

yNiCVx1.gif

Alexis has so many to pick from.

For Santi his goals against Man utd , West Ham and Hull.

For Wilshere ( 2 goals voted goal of the season) his goals against Norwich (my favourite ever Arsenal goal), WBA and marseille.

For Giroud his goals against Man utd 2014, the scorpion Kick, volley against Palace and the brilliant brought down touch goal against West Ham.

Xhaka's first two goals were pretty tasty too.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I remember Matt Taylor scoring outrageous screamers. Championship level footballer otherwise. Similar to this fraud.

GoonerBoy19

I think he needs a fresh challenge, a move could suit both parties. He could do well in a club like Southampton or Everton.

503error

Yeah he should leave. Both him and Wilshere were supposed to be the future, yet we somehow manage to break them after they get 3 games in a row. This guy actually showed what he had with Wales though.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I wasn't comparing them as players. I don't know if that's what you think I meant.

What I meant which should be clear, even the very top players try things which don't come off.

Wenger encourages creativity in his players. We've seen some great goals around the box like Wilshere's vs Norwich with flicks etc.

What I am discouraging and disliking is the fact that somebody like Welbeck will try a flick around the opponent's area and it won't come off. That is fine, it happens and it's part of the game. Ramsey will do the same and everyone will go crazy.

That's because Welbeck is a winger, Ramsey is playing as a center mid. A center mid needs to control the tempo of the game, when he tries to be fancy and concede possession sloppily he becomes a bigger liability than a winger doing the same thing.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Not getting sold by Wenger unless Aaron wants out, which i doubt at this point of time. More than happy to have him around, very underrated, and very unique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom