• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

...What so we signed him?
No doubt he has talent, but exactly what we are meant to do with him?
Is he going to reserves or what?

...Finding it incredibly hard to give a toss really.

tam1886

Established Member
Just read Claridge's scouting report. If he didn't mention Ramsey's name in that, you'd just as easily assume he was talking about Fabregas. The description is amazingly similar. Oh, and I seen Claridge got banned from driving and a suspedned sentence too. Good on the judge, never liked him.

What is Ramsey's ideal position? Is he a centre mid or a wide player, because I've read reports of him being a more natural central player, but most seem to assume he's going to be a winger if we get him. Is this a case of learning his trade on the wings just now and becoming more central later, or remoulding him into an out and out wideman?

longrufus

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
yet, can we afford to spend £16 mill on a player that wouldn't improve the first team, if rosicky does stay fit? i say no. especially since we now also have walcott and nasri available, with vela and, presumably, ramsey ready to come in and do a job. i'd rather see us spend money on a mobile, agressive cm and a tall, composed cb.

I would easily forgo the signing of Ben Arfa if we signed a good CB.

However i still think we are a tad light out wide, Gouffran would be perfect in my opinion, very talented young player who is very similar to Walcott in many respects, would add to the squad and wouldn't cost that much, a win win really.

otfgoon

Established Member
tam1886 said:
Just read Claridge's scouting report. If he didn't mention Ramsey's name in that, you'd just as easily assume he was talking about Fabregas. The description is amazingly similar. Oh, and I seen Claridge got banned from driving and a suspedned sentence too. Good on the judge, never liked him.

What is Ramsey's ideal position? Is he a centre mid or a wide player, because I've read reports of him being a more natural central player, but most seem to assume he's going to be a winger if we get him. Is this a case of learning his trade on the wings just now and becoming more central later, or remoulding him into an out and out wideman?

From what I've been told he can play anywhere across the midfield, time will tell where Arsène plans to play him though. Quite eager to see him play.

DOUBLE-YOU

i am hoping Ramsey gets a role similar to Ray Parlour. A right sided player who can provide defensive balance as well as attack, and if needed play center midfirld. i don't know where he is going to fit in Wenger's plans, but i can't wait to see him play with quality players.

Taozhe

I'm happy that we signed him. Hope he's going to be our Ryan Giggs and become a legend. Theo and Rambo! Feel our British wrath!

banduan

Established Member
Taozhe said:
I'm happy that we signed him. Hope he's going to be our Ryan Giggs and become a legend. Theo and Rambo! Feel our British wrath!

:|

...anyway.
I haven't seen enough of him, wasn't that impressed by the Cup final appearance (he wasn't bad though) so if we really did sign him let's hope he pulls off some nice surprises in the FA Cup/CC.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
He'd be a good signing. Glad that we, if not already, will probably sign him.

I don't want Wenger to use him as an excuse for not signing another wide men though.

bertlb2

I don't know what to think about him. I am not excited at all given that he is unlikely to play much next season. I would be fine if he was sent back to the blue birds on loan for the season, because I don't see him playing much in the first-team this season. His situation is similar to Walcott's when he came. Theo is/ will be a great player, and probably so too will Ramsey, but what can he offer now? And how much can he gain being in the Reserves and training with the first-team compared to playing first-team football for a decent Championship squad? Maybe in three years I will thank Arsène for another brilliant buy.

Taozhe

To be fair, our training facilities and experience can offer him much more than loaning him back to Cardiff.

Anzac

Established Member
From what I've read he doesn't have the genuine pace to be considered a wide player, but he has the adaptability to do a role there if required. But FFS the kid is 17 years old - he shouldn't be anywhere near the seniors next season except off the bench or in the C Cup side.

I'm pleased we've got yet another exciting talent on our books, but I'm probably only close to being excited because we've stolen him from under ManU's noses.

He can't add anything to the seniors next season (unless we really are crap), and we can add him to the likes of Vela, Merida, Barazite, Simpson, Wilshere, Gibbs etc etc etc, let alone Denilson, Diaby, Song, Eboue & Walcott.

I can't see us being able to keep them all happy after next season - especially not in a 4-4-2.

Kenyonhater

An article about AW's pursuit of Ramsey from today's Independent :- http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 44364.html

"Wenger's academy has some of the most promising young English players in the country, including the midfielder Jack Wilshere who, at 16, is rated as the best young English prospect the club have had in years."

"Arsenal have yet to tie up a deal with Marseilles' Samir Nasri. The attacking midfielder had been granted permission to leave the France camp at Euro 2008 to travel to England, but did not make the trip. The 20-year-old is rated at around £11m. While Wenger works for French television in Switzerland, the club's acting managing director, Ken Friar, is taking care of negotiations for new players."

Also, from this :-http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2008/06/11/dave-jones-amazed-at-rambo-choice-91466-21054235/

“I want two or three strikers brought in, we need those and now that Aaron is gone we need another midfielder.

“I will probably be looking at a wide-man I should think because we never really used Aaron in the middle because I never thought he was strong enough to go in there.

True Gooner

Established Member
Very happy that we've signed him, I mean we beat Liverpool, Everton and Man Utd didnt we?

Of course I'll only feel really good about this once we sign a few more players that are mature and experienced enough to play in our first team.

Gurgen said:
So he will meet with AW? Good news for us, Arsène can be a very persuasive man.

Indeed

It was the readiness of Arsenal to make such an effort for the young player that made the difference, as both clubs offered personal terms that were very similar.

Fabregas also said something along those lines

InWengerWeTrust

Im excited about the prospect of signing Ramsey, as previously mentioned the calibre of other interested parties should highlight just how good this guy is. I went to a Cardiff game this year and he was a sub - the only opportunity I got to see him was warming up at half time which was a shame. The fact that Wenger put alot of effort into the signing is another positive, to fly the boy out to Switzerland instead of simply phoning him up a la Ferguson shows just how much Wenger wanted him. £5m could be a snip if he does prove to be a success, even if he doesnt young British players do not often fall in value.

One piece of good news regarding Rosicky, previously mentioned in this thread regarding injuries.

There are a few injuries still healing at Arsenal. How are Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo doing?

Tomas has had surgery on his knee and we expect him to be flying by pre-season. Eduardo will be longer although hopefully he will be back doing training during pre-season. We are setting no timescales for Eduardo because we don’t want to put him under pressure but we are confident he will make a full recovery. We have had some real nasty injuries and I think that is part and parcel of the game. Look back at the years we have been successful and we have had luck with injuries and not picked up many nasty injuries. Hopefully that will be the case next season.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... ories+here

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kenyonhater said:
Also, from this :-http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2008/06/11/dave-jones-amazed-at-rambo-choice-91466-21054235/

“I want two or three strikers brought in, we need those and now that Aaron is gone we need another midfielder.

“I will probably be looking at a wide-man I should think because we never really used Aaron in the middle because I never thought he was strong enough to go in there.
Neither Cesc or Hleb has a strong build. But one of the two can play in the middle of the park while the other can play in the pocket behind Ade. It's a myth that a CM should be big and strong. If Ramey can always find a yard or two of space, he will be all right.

qs

Established Member
This lads only 17, I wouldn't be worrying about his strength or size yet. He has a good 4-5 years of growing and bulking up ahead of him.

-Shaun-

The lad has clearly got his head screwed on- turning down the Mancs. He knows that Wenger is the best manager to develop him, and I'm sure Le Boss persuaded the lad himself to join, he can be very persuasive at times. It shows how much he believes in him paying £5M up-front to Cardiff, and all the media has been saying today that he'll be in the first-team. CC maybe? I guess, as he is probably too good for the Reserves, although it'd be good seeing him in a few games there. Also about his stature, as QS mentioned, he's only 17; he has years and years to develop and get stronger. He'll be a great future player for us IMO ;)

Wonder when it'll be on the official site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom