• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

longrufus

Established Member
Whenever he actually agree's personal terms and has a medical.

I doubt Ramsey had went into any in depth discussions about personal terms and was more interested in meeting the managers and coaches to see what they had planned for him.

He seems like a sensible kid, he has the rest of his career to make money, so im sure his decision was based on his development as a footballer as opposed to lining his pockets. Hence why he choose us.

Meatwad

yeah arsenal.com gets criticized for always being "late", but it's a club policy not to announce whenever a bid has been accepted or rejected or any details until the deal is complete (official). in gary lewin's exit interview he mentioned this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=492502&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Lewin+-+I+have+so+many+happy+memories+here" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... ories+here</a>
There are players that have been here before but haven’t signed for medical reasons but you won’t read about it because that is how the Club works. You only hear about the player once they are signed.

Consequence

Meatwad said:
yeah arsenal.com gets criticized for always being "late", but it's a club policy not to announce whenever a bid has been accepted or rejected or any details until the deal is complete (official).
It seems like a pretty good policy to me. Man Utd should consider taking a similar stance. Eggs & faces come to mind.

Kenyonhater

qs said:
This lads only 17, I wouldn't be worrying about his strength or size yet. He has a good 4-5 years of growing and bulking up ahead of him.

Of course, but he might not be physically ready to be a replacement for Flamini now, as some are suggesting.

longrufus

Established Member
What on earth are you talking about? Ramsey is an attacking player, who would play wide, as an attacking CM or in the hole behind the front man, he in no way is he a replacement for Flamini.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
This deal is making big news in Wales. Guess hes the most talented player of the new generation. Our club is so big that at 17 he'll even sell many shirts down cardiff.

Can you imagine him posing with Cesc, Nasri(?) and Theo in our new away kit. They will be sold out in no time

Welcome to THOF boy

Kenyonhater

longrufus said:
What on earth are you talking about? Ramsey is an attacking player, who would play wide, as an attacking CM or in the hole behind the front man, he in no way is he a replacement for Flamini.

It's not my suggestion, just what I've read on various sites. For me he seems to have a bit of Cesc and maybe a bit of Gerrard about him so, yes, he would be too attack-minded to play alongside Cesc. Anyway, he's not going to step straight into the first team. I wonder what the likes of Randall, Gibbs, Merida, Lansbury and even Denilson think of his arrival? Competition for places in midfield for the Carling Cup is going to be intense, to say the least.

go49oner

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Steve Claridge's scouting report on Ramsey:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/06" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/06</a> ... ampionship

Sounds lot like 17 year old Fabregas

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

No English player can be like Fabregas, I refuse to believe it! :p

qs

Established Member
Kenyonhater said:
qs said:
This lads only 17, I wouldn't be worrying about his strength or size yet. He has a good 4-5 years of growing and bulking up ahead of him.

Of course, but he might not be physically ready to be a replacement for Flamini now, as some are suggesting.

:lol: Do people actually think that?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
We got a lot of talented British players in our ranks

Trust me by 2012 the England team would be dominated by Arsenal players again

Alfonso

Established Member
DOUBLE-YOU said:
should this topic now get moved to Arsenal Talk.

We havent signed him yet though. And prob wont for a while as we will want him to 'concentrate' on the Home nations Cup. :wink:

Anyway, this guy is not going to make or break our season so not really bothered either way.

number_0

Established Member
5m for a 17 year old???
DO you think he will be loaned to a Priemere league club or be thrown into the deep end straight away?

Personally i think he will learn more from the bench from the likes of fabregas and van persie, rather than the likes of taylor and his brummie henchmen.

Kentacula

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=733406" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=733406</a>

How Wenger Out-Flanked Fergie For Ramsey
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger won Aaron Ramsey's footballing heart by highlighting the differences between Manchester United and the Gunner.

The South Wales Echo has revealed that Cardiff City youngster Aaron Ramsey opted for Arsenal ahead of Manchester United because if the persuasiveness of Arsène Wenger's arguments.

The newspaper said one of Wenger's telling points was that Ramsey's route to first-team football at Manchester United would be blocked by nine players.

The Echo reports today that after flying Ramsey and his parents by private jet to Switzerland last Saturday, Wenger spelt out the Cardiff teenager’s prospects with the Gunners during a "two-hour, no-holds barred question-and-answer session over dinner."

Wenger is said to have pointed out that Ramsey’s would find it tougher to make the first-team at Old Trafford than at the Emirates with so many household names like Cristiano Ronaldo, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick, Owen Hargreaves, Darren Fletcher, Ji-Sung Park, Anderson, and Nani blocking his way.

At Arsenal, in contrast, path is less cluttered, especially as Mathieu Flamini has left and Alexander Hleb seems likely to.

Another key factor Wenger highlighted to the Ramsey family was that United have splashed out around £300million on transfers in the last six years, while Arsenal in the same period have spent a more modest £40million.

And Wenger reportedly convinced Ramsey that his style and football technique is better suited to Arsenal - an argument which apparently swung things the Gunners' way.

The Echo says it understand that United manager Sir Alex Ferguson spoke to Ramsey’s parents more than 10 times on the telephone during the last few weeks to try and persuade the Bluebird to go to join the champions.

It says the Ramseys met Everton manager David Moyes last Thursday, and were then shown around at United by first-team coach Mike Phelan on Friday.

The following afternoon they flew to Switzerland from Luton Airport to meet Wenger, who is attending Euro 2008 - and their meeting wirh the Frenchman was the clincher.

According tothe Echo, Ramsey will now settle in London, and will be living in the same apartment complex as his best friend Chris Gunter, the former Cardiff City defender who is now at Arsenal’s arch-rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom