• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner_down_under

Actually, its kinds bold of Everton to put up on their website that they have a bid accepted when they know that Man Utd and possibly Arsenal have also had bids accepted...unless they're very confident of getting him!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Everton annoucing their bid being accepted is a bit close to w'nking in public. So I expect they will 'Breaking News' every 1 minute.

16:41 - Breaking news! Ramsey tossed ManU and Arsenal offers into the bin!
16:42 - Breaking New! Ramsey picked up and inspected Toffee's offer.
16:45 - Breaking news! Ramsey raised his pen and put his first name above the dotted line of Everton's offer... more to come.
16:46 - Breaking news! Ooooh Noooo! Ramsey crossed his first name inked on the paper!
16:47 - Breaking News! Ramsey shredded Everton's paper.
16:48 - (Heart) Breaking News... Ramsey picked up and looked at the Arsenal paper from the bin.

That's not confident. That's careless. Small clubs' doing.

qs

Established Member
lee1001 said:
I also wonder if the lack of star players would make us less appealing. I remember Walcott saying one of the main reasons he joined us was the prospect of playing with Henry.

Well Ramseys a midfielder and their aren't many better than Fabregas at the moment.

Being honest I don't think he'll end up here but I think it'd be best for his career if he did. He's 17 and if he has ambitions of being a world class player we should be number 1 for him. If he's really ambitious Everton won't even cross his mind but he's much, much more likely to get games here than at United. He'd be alot closer in age to our lads as well. Plus Wenger gives players time, I reckon he'd be treated in a very similar way to how Waclott was. Fergie rarely waits for players, if you don't do the business he just signs someone whos ready for £20m. Just look at Rossi, he could've been a great centre forward for them.

qs

Established Member
gunner_down_under said:
Actually, its kinds bold of Everton to put up on their website that they have a bid accepted when they know that Man Utd and possibly Arsenal have also had bids accepted...unless they're very confident of getting him!

Everton will love announcing they had an offer accepted because Liverpools was rejected.

Rocafella

Established Member
Should of been a lot quicker in putting a bid in for Ramsey if Wenger was interested. Surely he would of known other bids would come in. Whether he thought United would be one of them, i'm not sure.

kel varnsen

Established Member
i'd like us to sign him. he's obviously talented. say anything you will about ferguson, but he (usually) knows talent when he sees it. if they're willing to pay, we should do our best to steal him from under their noses.

btw, i've always felt we lacked talented wingers here. we have full backs, central midfielders, central defenders and strikers, but no proper, up and coming winger/wide man. which is probably why we've seen everything from diaby and denilson to traore and rvp on the wings.

lee1001

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
i'd like us to sign him. he's obviously talented. say anything you will about ferguson, but he (usually) knows talent when he sees it. if they're willing to pay, we should do our best to steal him from under their noses.

btw, i've always felt we lacked talented wingers here. we have full backs, central midfielders, central defenders and strikers, but no proper, up and coming winger/wide man. which is probably why we've seen everything from diaby and denilson to traore and rvp on the wings.

Sorry Kel, weren't you arguing the case for the Hleb, Fabregas, Rosicky trio as opposed to direct wingers like Ben Arfa?

longrufus

Established Member
He's not really a natural wide player though Kel, he can play in any attacking position really, in the centre, wide or in the hole. He's basically more of what we have, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

Oh and Ferguson a great judge of talent? Please, his record is pretty poor when it comes to judging talent. For every player he got right, he got a hell of a lot more wrong.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Ferguson knows "obvious" talent, like Rooney or Ronaldo... think Ferguson would have seen Flamini? or Clichy? or even Fabregas?

kel varnsen

Established Member
lee1001 said:
kel varnsen said:

Sorry Kel, weren't you arguing the case for the Hleb, Fabregas, Rosicky trio as opposed to direct wingers like Ben Arfa?

sure, how so? ramsey is young and could be shaped into a proper arsenal player.

btw, is he a classic "winger"? thought he was more versatile than that. point being, i feel we've missed young, talented natural attacking midfielders.

kel varnsen

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Ferguson knows "obvious" talent, like Rooney or Ronaldo... think Ferguson would have seen Flamini? or Clichy? or even Fabregas?

knowing talent is not just about picking up bargains here and there. even though arsenal fans like to think so. it's just as much about finding talented players, realizing their worth and then sign them. regardless of the initial costs. vidic, rio, anderson, ronaldo, rooney, tevez, van nistelroy etc. the list goes on and on. pricey, but all terrific footballers.

if ferguson is willing to spend money on ramsey, he's probably an excelent prospect.

lee1001

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
USArsenal said:

knowing talent is not just about picking up bargains here and there. even though arsenal fans like to think so. it's just as much about finding talented players, realizing their worth and then sign them. regardless of the initial costs. vidic, rio, anderson, ronaldo, rooney, tevez, van nistelroy etc. the list goes on and on. pricey, but all terrific footballers.

if ferguson is willing to spend money on ramsey, he's probably an excelent prospect.

You seem to be implying it was Wenger's choice to not splash 30M on a player like Rio. Wenger never had the money Ferguson did to buy players at that price, he was forced to rely on picking up talented player on the cheap. Thats the whole reason we moved to the Emirates in the first place so we could compete on that level.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, i guess my point is, anyone can recognize some of the obvious talent.. (like most of the players you listed above).. but not everyone can afford to just go out and buy them regardless of the cost.. that makes it a bit easier...

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Maybe I'm missing something but I thought Ramsey was a central midfielder? He reminds me a little of Iniesta...

kel varnsen

Established Member
USArsenal said:
well, i guess my point is, anyone can recognize some of the obvious talent.. (like most of the players you listed above).. but not everyone can afford to just go out and buy them regardless of the cost.. that makes it a bit easier...

"anyone"? really? i guess that is why the countless managers of newcastle, Sp**s, liverpool, inter, atletico madrid etc have all experienced such massive success on the pitch. with all their crazy spending sprees. oh, wait... though, i guess the average coach potato knows better.

take rio ferdinand for instance. "everyone" said it was madness to spend £30 mill on a defender. wenger would never in a million years have spent that kind of money; probably on any player, let alone a cb. fact is though, rio has proved worth every penny and more so. brilliant signing.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Big Poppa said:
Maybe I'm missing something but I thought Ramsey was a central midfielder? He reminds me a little of Iniesta...
He is more of an attacking midfielder played on the wings. He suits the wing more than the central of the park.

He reminds me more of joe cole

stuart

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
USArsenal said:

"anyone"? really? i guess that is why the countless managers of newcastle, Sp**s, liverpool, inter, atletico madrid etc have all experienced such massive success on the pitch. with all their crazy spending sprees. oh, wait... though, i guess the average coach potato knows better.

take rio ferdinand for instance. "everyone" said it was madness to spend £30 mill on a defender. wenger would never in a million years have spent that kind of money; probably on any player, let alone a cb. fact is though, rio has proved worth every penny and more so. brilliant signing.

To be honest im glad we didnt sign him. I wouldn't fancy paying £30 million for some druggy. He's been one of the best in the world this year but i swear to you id rather have Kolo, even if we could sign Rio for £30 million and win every trophy going for the next 3 seasons. The mans an absolute ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom