• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

....I really hope Wenger gets this summer right. This Man U wankfest is doing my head in.

Also, paying 30mil for Ferdinand was, is and always will be a ridiculous price.
Perhaps I have been brainwashed by Wenger or whatever, but paying 30 mil? for a CB? no thanks.

As for Ramsey, not interested. Sounds good and all, but all I can see happening is him going to the reserves, and never hearing about him again.

Dez

The original point was that: if fergies in for him he must be a great player...

regardless of whether he can spot great talent no manager, anywhere, ever has a 100% record with bringing players in... the above mentioned players, kleberson, djembe djemba, cruijff et al prove that statement is completely fictitious

Dez

On to Ramsey... He should come into his own as a player in 2-4 years... and lets be realistic, Cesc will not retire at Arsenal and will probably leave for Barca in 2-4 years time (though I'd love to be wrong).

Hence in the long term Ramsey would be a great signing for us... but Manchester will be his destination...

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
So Ramsey's going to meet AW in Switzerland:
Aaron Ramsey will not decide on his future until after he has met Arsène Wenger in Switzerland on Saturday, despite Manchester United's hopes of completing the 17-year-old's signing this week. United announced on Tuesday that a fee, thought to be in the region of £5m, had been agreed with Cardiff City but they appear to have jumped the gun, with Everton, Liverpool and Arsenal all in the race.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008 ... ardiffcity

asajoseph

Established Member
We've been here before with Walcott - Theo will be an excellent example for Ramsey to follow (though I hope Arsenal fans have learned to be a little more patient, if he comes here).

Glad he's at least considering us, and I think if Ramsey has his head screwed on, at this stage of his career, he'll join us.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Out of curiosity, what is the team Ramsey most supports? I am not saying this could be a determining factor. As a fan of the Reds, Theo still chose Arsenal to develop his career.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Interesting. But this is a non-transfer for me even if it happens.

I know what you mean, but it would be good kudos to get him if nothing else. Also to beat Man U would be nice, good precedent for next season.

baccy_man

Established Member
i thought that this had been sorted out a few days ago and he was going to man u,
unless the papers had jumped the gun.

longrufus

Established Member
asajoseph said:
We've been here before with Walcott - Theo will be an excellent example for Ramsey to follow (though I hope Arsenal fans have learned to be a little more patient, if he comes here).

Glad he's at least considering us, and I think if Ramsey has his head screwed on, at this stage of his career, he'll join us.

I'd agree with that, Ramsey would know he would get first team chances here once he shows he is good enough. As you say, patience is the key.

To be honest though if it wasnt for Theo's shoulder injury im sure he would have been making an impact much sooner, it really did hold his development back.

ricky1985

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
I don't envy you lot in England right now (not at you Anthony G) with the Man U press wagon. It has more to do with the fact that England are NOT in the Euros than the fact(?) that Man U are so great.

My God that is such an unbelievably clever point. Never really thought of it like that.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Never seen or heard of this kid before, but that guardian article on the first page of this thread made him sound remarkably similar to a certain Robert Pires. That alone makes me very interested in this deal.

thegame24

Established Member
wtf spotting talent???

He had more money.

we all wanted tevez, but we didnt have 20 fuking million to buy him, UNITED DID.

Hes not spotting talent ffs, hes spending MONEY others dont have.

We all know kaka is world class, if fergie gets him for 50 million, hes not spotting talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom