• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Kenyonhater said:
:D Superb read. Especially towards the end when they know we signed him.

Great signing, one of the best british kids around. Now we have 3 British Talents in our team, a few more to go if any rules were to come in.

Really expecting this, when I saw that he was willing to travel all the way to Swiss to meet Arsène. Once again, Wenger's persuasive power proved to be superb. :bounce

Illusion

Established Member
Kenyonhater said:

Haha this one is my favourite:

E1A828CA-B21D-511F-28767722EAF0C874.jpg

GaelForce22

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
Kenyonhater said:
:D Superb read. Especially towards the end when they know we signed him.

Great signing, one of the best british kids around. Now we have 3 British Talents in our team, a few more to go if any rules were to come in.

Really expecting this, when I saw that he was willing to travel all the way to Swiss to meet Arsène. Once again, Wenger's persuasive power proved to be superb. :bounce

Whose the third?

stuart

Established Member
heh, well done that man :D Always nice to get one over United. If ya cant do it on the pitch we may as well do it by stealing kids! I wonder would we have bid when we did had we not known about Uniteds offer?

That scouting report seems to share the opinions i had of him from the game against Boro. He really does seem like the perfect little Arsenal player. I wonder were Wenger intends using him...

xcdude24

Established Member
Between Cesc, Ramsey, and Wilshere, we're essentially set talentwise in the midfield for at least the next decade. Interesting to see how Ramsey pans out.

patrick42uk

Established Member
well done Arsène? Cardiff website said they were informed of his choice on Friday morning which, judging by media reports, was before he met Arsène? Would be typical of the media to portray this as some sort of beauty parade. I think he's attracted to the chance to play at the top level early; thats what seperates our bid from Everton and Man U. Its what makes us the most attractive club for the best teenage footballers in Europe. Its when they become men that the problems seem to start....

ibby

Established Member
Kenyonhater said:
Found this on that red cafe thread :-

Scouting report: Aaron Ramsey, Cardiff City

Steve Claridge The Guardian, Tuesday May 6 2008

There are few teenage players in the country who come as highly rated as Aaron Ramsey. I've heard the stories of Sir Alex Ferguson asking about his progress; of the leading lights of the Premier League tracking him and tabling bids which start at seven figures. Sometimes young lads with big reputations don't always come up to scratch. With Ramsey, though, that is emphatically not the case.

I watched him in Cardiff's game at Wolves two weeks ago, having tried to scout him previously only to find that he didn't feature. It was well worth the effort and the wait. In fact, having seen him, even in a 3-0 defeat in which he played slightly out of position and was substituted after an hour, I would drive the length of the country to see him again.

The thing that leaps out at you from his game is his appreciation of a pass. It was second to none. When a team-mate received the ball from him, the pass almost told him where his opponent was. It had all the information on it that you would need and it was, invariably, the right ball.

His retention of possession was very good - I could not remember him giving the ball away - but we are not talking here about a player who merely chose the easy option. He was equally adept at simple five-yard passes and marvellously weighted 60-yard diagonals in behind the Wolves centre-halves, which led to scoring opportunities. He works opponents with the ball, creating little angles with his left or right foot and his quality always shone through.

He has a sixth sense telling him where his opponents are. This was reflected in his first touch and the placement of his body, which meant that even when opponents doubled up on him, he managed to escape unscathed from tight areas.

He isn't blindingly quick, nor does he have fantastic body strength but Ramsey has compensated for these shortcomings with non-stop movement. He refused to stand and admire anything he had done and, instead, was constantly alive to the next phase or the next option he could give to a team-mate.

Central midfield is his position, although against Wolves, he played on the right of a five. Such was his desire to get on the ball and make Cardiff play that he drifted inside and there were many occasions when the esteem in which his team-mates hold him was apparent. They were happy to pass the ball up to him, even when he was marked, because they knew that they were giving it to a better player.

He had no problems defensively - he chased and was not afraid to put his foot or head in where it hurt - but I prefer to concentrate on what he can do with the ball. There is an easy rhythm to his game and an awareness of how to hurt opponents with passes. There is no doubt that Ramsey has a big future and I hope that a global audience for the FA Cup final on Saturday week will have the same privilege of watching him that I did.

Age 17

Born Caerphilly

Position Midfield

Height 5ft 10in

Weight 10st 7lb

From Trainee

Pace 8/10

Passing 10/10

Tackling 8/10

Crossing 9/10

Team responsibility 8/10

:lol:

He would be better than Messi if he was that good.

kym7224

qs said:
Looks like we're just finishing off the formalities again.

Nasri and Ramsey would be a good start to the summer.

But I fear two will be end of our summer, I welcome him but TBH he is hardly first team regular to strengthen our squad.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Nasri and Ramsey wont bring us some prizes,
If some players leave some regular players we need more strenght

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Great signing for 3 years time, but we do need to win something next year, not in 3. That said, i dare say he will have gone elsewhere by then, so its certainly better & cheaper now then buying from a top championship team/Premiership team when his value will be through the roof (being a UK based youth).

When/if Nasri signs, that should be it for young player signings, i hope Wenger dips in and pulls out some experienced, ready-made pro's to beef the team.

ibby

Established Member
Gooner_Stu said:
Great signing for 3 years time, but we do need to win something next year, not in 3.

How many times have we said that in the past 4 years?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Heres my full take on this now that this link has a lot of muscle

Shows how highly regarded our youth development is, I mean we were definetly shocked to see we were the other team in the frame after the fee was greed on uniteds website. It all seemed wrapped up for them and our fans thought he was destined for OT

United havent brought anyone decent through in since probably Wes Brown, major disadvantage for them being champions of England and Europe, they need to check themselbves and bring through their own youngsters as their carling cup team was just pure s**t.

Then you got fergie caring more about keeping ronaldo whose disrespected the club big time(let the greedy cnut go) and apparently Red Nev giving ransey a tour, thats enough to send anyone away

Looks like we got a new starter in our Carling cup team, he may even feature in a few CL games if we qualify early and prem

Nothings fully official on Arse.com but weclome looks like well be welcoming Aaron to THOF. Still need more proven signings and of course one of the big trophies next year

Kentacula

Ridsdale: Arsenal's Was The Best Cash Offer For Ramsey
Cardiff City chairman, Peter Ridsdale, has admitted that he and his club would have preferred highly-rated starlet Aaron Ramsey to join Manchester United rather than Arsenal, because of United's loan-back option, but said the Gunners' was the best cash bid for the 17-year-old midfielder.

With Aaron Ramsey poised to join Arsenal from FA Cup finalists Cardiff City in a £5million cash deal, despite bids from Manchester United and Everton, the Bluebirds' chairman has explained his club's position on the proposed transfer.

Peter Ridsdale said Arsenal's bid for their academy graduate was the best cash offer they received, and told BBC Sport: "It is a very straight-forward, no-strings-attached £5million cash offer - simple.

"We felt that Manchester United equalled it because it [United's offer] included a loan back option."

Ramsey, who has made just 22 first-team appearances for the Championship side that reached the FA Cup final, is expected to have a medical at Arsenal's Hertfordshire training ground within the next 24 hours.

Ridsdale admitted: "We would have much preferred him to remain as a Cardiff City player or returned here on loan next season had he gone somewhere else.

"The only deal with a loan-back option was with Manchester United but ultimately it is up to the player to decide where he wants to go.

"In an ideal world I would have wished him to go to Manchester United were he to leave us, but we have to be careful as we have relationships with Arsenal and want to do business with them in the future."

Ramsey first caught the attention of Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger (who flew the player and his parents out to Switzerland at the club's expense at the weekend for a face-to-face meeting) when he scored and impressed in Cardiff's FA Youth Cup quarter-final defeat by the Gunners in February 2007.

He beat John Toshack's record by becoming Cardiff's youngest ever player at just 16 years and 124 days when when replacing Paul Parry in a 1-0 home defeat by Hull City in April 2007.

Ramsey was included in Toshack's Wales squad for the first time this summer for their two friendlies against Iceland and the Netherlands, but didn't play.

Regarding his proposed transfer from the Bluebirds, a club statement read: "Cardiff City were informed on Friday morning that Aaron Ramsey's preferred destination this summer is the Emirates Stadium with Arsenal. We will now continue the dialogue with the Gunners with a view to Aaron's move being completed.

"The move, unlike other options, does not include a loan back period at Ninian Park for the 2008/09 season.

"We would like to wish Aaron every success in the top-flight."
Therefore i suppose we offered him a higher weekly wage than United although i would expect that facilities, Wenger's confidence in youth, likelier first team opportunities etc. also contributed.

ibby

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:

Shows how highly regarded our youth development is, I mean we were definetly shocked to see we were the other team in the frame after the fee was greed on uniteds website. It all seemed wrapped up for them and our fans thought he was destined for OT

United havent brought anyone decent through in since probably Wes Brown, major disadvantage for them being champions of England and Europe, they need to check themselbves and bring through their own youngsters as their carling cup team was just pure s**t.

Then you got fergie caring more about keeping ronaldo whose disrespected the club big time(let the greedy cnut go) and apparently Red Nev giving ransey a tour, thats enough to send anyone away

Looks like we got a new starter in our Carling cup team, he may even feature in a few CL games if we qualify early and prem

Nothings fully official on Arse.com but weclome looks like well be welcoming Aaron to THOF. Still need more proven signings and of course one of the big trophies next year

I think you are underestimating United there. Just remember how many times Henry ****ed us over.

"I'm staying! Do you I have to wear a shirt...."

Two weeks later

"I don't know...."

I mean, these are top top players we are talking about. At the end I think most of us just thought, you know what Thierry, just **** off. And it worked out for the better

Kentacula

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7436078.stm

£5m Ramsey 'popular and talented'

Teenage football sensation Aaron Ramsey's career could have taken a very different route if a rugby league coach had got his way.

While playing for his school rugby league team a couple of years ago, he caught the eye of a St Helens coach.

But Ramsey, 17 and from Caerphilly, had already signed for Cardiff City so rugby's loss became football's gain.

Now he is heading to Premier League giants Arsenal for £5m despite bids from Manchester United and Everton.

Rhys Thomas, assistant head teacher at Ramsey's old school Ysgol Gyfun Cwm Rhymni near Blackwood, said: "Aaron had played for the school rugby league team against St Helens.

"One of the St Helens coaches enquired about him, asking if he played for a team.

"But our head of PE Jeremy Evans told him he had already signed for a team, but it wasn't a rugby league team!"

Mr Thomas, a Cardiff City season ticket holder, said Ramsey was an excellent all-round athlete who excelled at many sports.

"He was 800m champion at athletics for the whole of Wales in year 8 when he was about 13," said Mr Thomas.

Ramsey, a Welsh speaker, also did well academically despite his commitments with Cardiff City.

"He got 10 or 11 GCSEs and had an A* in physical education," said Mr Thomas.

"The final two years of GCSEs, he was out of school quite frequently with football but still did ever so well.

"He could probably have done four A-levels no problem at all.

"He was very normal and popular among his peers.

"There was no element of him being pompous or big headed."

And Ramsey, whose brother Josh attends the school, certainly shone on the football field, with Mr Thomas fondly remembering a tournament at Pontllanfraith.

"I remember thinking then about how good his balance was," he said.

"The ball was glued to his feet and he nearly won us the tournament on his own!"

Ramsey's talent was first spotted when his mother took him to a football session in Caerphilly run by the Urdd Welsh language youth movement.

Gary Lewis, who was sports officer for the Urdd at the time, said Ramsey was only six so was too young to play.

But his mother brought him back the following year and, with Mr Lewis also coaching youngsters at Cardiff City, he was soon snapped up by the Bluebirds.

"What is great is that he's never forgotten he started at the Urdd and he always gives us a mention," said Mr Lewis, who is now the Urdd's national sports development manager.

"He always had something special and always played with a smile.

"Whenever he was in the team you always had a chance.

"He's also a very down-to-earth-lad."

Ramsey has also been a big hit with Cardiff City supporters, and not just on the field where he has made 22 appearances since his debut as a 16-year-old.

Cardiff City Supporters' Club spokesperson Vince Alm said Ramsey was a pleasant, unassuming teenager.

"Just like on the field he's very mature for his age and a credit to his parents," said Mr Alm.

"When he speaks he thinks about what he's saying and he thinks a lot about the game.

"He was great at the supporters' club Christmas party with the kids signing shirts."

So success has not changed Ramsey, and he still pops into his old school about once a week despite attracting so much attention.

"He's starting to get mobbed now by the children and has to sneak in and out!" said Mr Thomas.

"All the dinner ladies want his autograph!"

RAMSEY FACTFILE
Aaron Ramsey
Born: December 26, 1990 in Caerphilly
Club: Cardiff City
Career: Debut in April 2007 v Hull, aged 16 years 123 days broke John Toshack's club record and he has since made 22 full and substitute appearences
First goal: v Chasetown in the FA Cup
Record breaker: Youngest Cardiff player ever at 16 years and 124 days
Car: Lime green Ford Fiesta
Nickname: Rambo

Interesting bits in bold.

qs

Established Member
kym7224 said:
qs said:
Looks like we're just finishing off the formalities again.

Nasri and Ramsey would be a good start to the summer.

But I fear two will be end of our summer, I welcome him but TBH he is hardly first team regular to strengthen our squad.

I really don't think it'll be the end of it. At the very least we'll sign a defender and probably defensive mid too.

HollandGooner said:
Nasri and Ramsey wont bring us some prizes,
If some players leave some regular players we need more strenght

I think Nasri would/will be a huge element of anything we do in the future, he has the ability to add to this team in a way players like Ljungberg did in other Wenger teams.

Ramsey wont win us much next season but in 3 or 4 seasons time who can tell. And maybe he can even make a major contribution to the Carling Cup team this year. Who knows. Considering the young talent we have in midfield already Wengers really gone out fo his way and spent heavily by his own standards on such a young, unproven player, he must think he has something really special. Fergie, Rafa and Moyes do too.

qs

Established Member
ibby said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:

I think you are underestimating United there. Just remember how many times Henry f*d us over.

"I'm staying! Do you I have to wear a shirt...."

Two weeks later

"I don't know...."

I mean, these are top top players we are talking about. At the end I think most of us just thought, you know what Thierry, just f**k off. And it worked out for the better

Completely different. Henry always treated teh club with respect and when he left it was with Wengers blessing. Ronaldos being an absolute **** to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom