• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If we go for Wan Bissaka are we just giving up on Bellerin? I don't think we can do that.

Personally I feel we would be foolish at this stage to get rid of AMN and I feel having watched Chambers he deserves a chance to play for us again.

The obvious candidate who has had enough time to impress is Iwobi. We would manage to get a decent fee.

The most obvious requirements are long term replacements for Koscielny, Monreal and Sokratis whilst binning Muatafi. A young striker wouldn't go amiss either.
If you have ambition you sign Wan Bissaka

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wan Bissaka a rarity these days, excellent at both sides of the game, meanwhile you have Hector who hasn't developed an awful lot in recent times. Regardless, maybe some competition will do Hector good.

Bissaka will be one of the best full-backs on the planet soon, it'd be good to get in there early and get him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Buying Wan Bissaka is great and all, but for the prices floated about it's a bad idea. I don't think we could afford him, a top CB and a very good winger, while wanting to replace Ramsey as well.

I'd rather we took a gamble on someone like Aarons and put money into other positions.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Jenko's not even worth 5 million either. :lol: People seriously overestimating how much we'd get for players one who's barely PL level and the other who's probably mid-table Championship level at best.

We all love jenko in a not very good but tries his hardest sort of way, plus he's a fan, but it's a pipe dream that we'd get any sort of decent fee for him nowadays. Its still all a bit confusing as to when his deal is actually up as well - some have it as ending this summer while others claim next year.

Chambers we should get a decent fee if we decide to sell, at least recoup what we paid for him otherwise it's not worth letting him go.

TornadoTed

Established Member
We might get £20m for Chambers and Jenkinson, £17-18m and £2-3m respectively.

Still not to be sniffed at for 2 players who haven't made it here.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
We might get £20m for Chambers and Jenkinson, £17-18m and £2-3m respectively.

Still not to be sniffed at for 2 players who haven't made it here.

To be fair to chambers we saw some promising signs from him towards the end of last season but maybe time to strike while the irons hot and move him on this summer after a decent showing out on loan. Good that we protected his value with a new contract last summer either way.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A much better solution would be selling Chambers & Jenkinson (I'm assuming we can get £35 million for both) & offer that to Palace for Wan-Bissaka on top of another £5 million. They'd accept £40 million I suspect.

No doubt, my only though is that if we did bring in Wan Bissaka - what is left for AMN? 3rd choice right back and about 5th choice cm? Might as well sell and he'd be a great coup for a mid-table team.

Use the Chambers money and put it towards a quality CB. It won't happen, but if we shifted Chambers, AMN and Jenkinson (possibly Mustafi as well) and bought in a quality CB and Wan Bissaka - it would incredible business.

truth_hurts

If we go for Wan Bissaka are we just giving up on Bellerin? I don't think we can do that.

Personally I feel we would be foolish at this stage to get rid of AMN and I feel having watched Chambers he deserves a chance to play for us again.

The obvious candidate who has had enough time to impress is Iwobi. We would manage to get a decent fee.

The most obvious requirements are long term replacements for Koscielny, Monreal and Sokratis whilst binning Muatafi. A young striker wouldn't go amiss either.

Definitely not giving up on Bellerin as on form he's not far off world class. There are natural questions into whether Bellerin will be the same when he returns, if he sees his long term future here and not in Spain and finally if he will perform without suitable competition?

Signing a quality RB makes it okay if the answer to all of those questions is no. It also gives us the option of playing one of them as a right winger in the tough away games in the champions league (we are making it next season).

I'd still say Bellerin>>>Bissaka

truth_hurts

Chambers is a 30m player minimum considering his age, nationality and experience level. Jenkinson is a 10m signing for a promoted club.

We are notoriously low sellers and may have add ons, if we got anything less than 25m for the pair, we'd have been robbed. I know they're strikers but didn't Afobe and Ibe go for around 15m each?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
How much of an upgrade is wan bissaka to bellerin? I would have thought that £40m could be used more effectively elsewhere in the team

Have to wonder how this injury is gonna affect Bellerin long-term. If there's serious interest in wan bissaka then that maybe hints at the club having fears over Bellerin and maybe looking to cash in on him at the earliest opportunity (january/summer 2020) while it's still not clear how much it's affected his game to outsiders.

It's such a big injury. Do we have examples of any other footballers that have suffered the same and how they've recovered?

In any case it's always wise to have a backup plan I suppose. Hope Bellerin does recover and gets back to his best here but I would also be equally as happy with someone like bassaka stepping in to replace him.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Chambers is a 30m player minimum considering his age, nationality and experience level. Jenkinson is a 10m signing for a promoted club.

We are notoriously low sellers and may have add ons, if we got anything less than 25m for the pair, we'd have been robbed. I know they're strikers but didn't Afobe and Ibe go for around 15m each?

Jenko last played regular football on loan at a struggling Birmingham 2-3 years ago in the championship. What makes you convinced a Leeds or Norwich would spend that amount on him? It's not like he has a reputation as a promising youngster anymore and that's not even getting started on the high (for his ability) wage he's on.

truth_hurts

Jenko last played regular football on loan at a struggling Birmingham 2-3 years ago in the championship. What makes you convinced a Leeds or Norwich would spend that amount on him? It's not like he has a reputation as a promising youngster anymore and that's not even getting started on the high (for his ability) wage he's on.

He's experienced in the league. Reckon he'd start for a Brighton or Huddesfield. Norwich have a good young right back, but he'd start at any other championship club. Championship full backs go easily in excess of 5m. We're literally selling Jenks short.

Chambers ditto. He's looked good this season, he proved himself at Southampton. He'd be the star at a promoted club.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
He's experienced in the league. Reckon he'd start for a Brighton or Huddesfield. Norwich have a good young right back, but he'd start at any other championship club. Championship full backs go easily in excess of 5m. We're literally selling Jenks short.

Chambers ditto. He's looked good this season, he proved himself at Southampton. He'd be the star at a promoted club.

I just don't see it but I would absolutely snap a teams hand off if they came for jenko with a £10m bid.

Chambers is doing alright. Not sure we'd necessarily say he's Fulham star player as it's hard to say they've got any considering their performances this season but by all accounts definitely been one of their better players and has impressed.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

You value chambers at £35m?

No I meant both he & Jenkinson could be sold for that combined amount (whereby Jenkinson would be valued at £10 million & Chambers £25 million).

Mind you, I still believe Chambers deserve another chance as I feel he was given a raw deal by the club. But if he does not feature entirely in the Boss' plan then we need to sell whilst we can still recoup something.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Jenko's not even worth 5 million either. :lol: People seriously overestimating how much we'd get for players one who's barely PL level and the other who's probably mid-table Championship level at best.

We need to try & get good prices for them. It amazes & equally annoys me how Liverpool & Chelsea constantly flog their dross on other clubs for impressive sums.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Definitely not giving up on Bellerin as on form he's not far off world class. There are natural questions into whether Bellerin will be the same when he returns, if he sees his long term future here and not in Spain and finally if he will perform without suitable competition?

Signing a quality RB makes it okay if the answer to all of those questions is no. It also gives us the option of playing one of them as a right winger in the tough away games in the champions league (we are making it next season).

I'd still say Bellerin>>>Bissaka

My reasoning would be to gave the right back spot to Wan-Bissaka & move Bellerin up the pitch as a winger, seeing as offensively he's great but absolutely abysmal in defence.

I've yet to see Wan-Bissaka beaten 1 on 1. That alone counts for something.

benjamin86

Established Member
I just don't see it but I would absolutely snap a teams hand off if they came for jenko with a £10m bid.

Chambers is doing alright. Not sure we'd necessarily say he's Fulham star player as it's hard to say they've got any considering their performances this season but by all accounts definitely been one of their better players and has impressed.
He's out of contract in June.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Easily get 5m for jenkinson wages will be the issue. Chambers is 20m plus all day long.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom