• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abdou Diallo

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like Diallo, he's not the flashiest CB but I think he'll mature superbly. Need me some Ndidi though!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I like Diallo, he's not the flashiest CB but I think he'll mature superbly. Need me some Ndidi though!
Big Ndidi fan too. Would love him here.

Ndidi is a good defensive midfielder, but I question his passing and ability on the ball - these are common complaints from Leicester City fans. I'm not sure he'd work well in a possession style system like ours where he may give the ball ability unnecessarily... Of course, he could get better in these areas. But with Maitland-Niles already coming through, who would be very similar to Ndidi as a defensive midfielder, I'm not quite sure he's what we need.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We can find better and more technical players than Ndidi in France or Spain.

I know Ndidi isn't the best technically, but his defensive numbers are monstrous. I think he would suit us in a similar way to how Flamini and Coquelin suited us in their pomp. They just ran about making tackles and interceptions. Ndidi + 5 offensive players in front of him would be fine I think.

40m + Elneny to Leicester and I think we're grand. The sort of signing we don't make but should make.

I also don't agree that he's similar to AMN so just let AMN develop. They're two different styles of play entirely. Ndidi offers us something we don't have but something we need.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Ndidi is a good defensive midfielder, but I question his passing and ability on the ball - these are common complaints from Leicester City fans. I'm not sure he'd work well in a possession style system like ours where he may give the ball ability unnecessarily... Of course, he could get better in these areas. But with Maitland-Niles already coming through, who would be very similar to Ndidi as a defensive midfielder, I'm not quite sure he's what we need.

I don't agree that AMN is similar to Ndidi though. Even if we were to play AMN at CM for a run of games, you wouldn't see his defensive stats anywhere close to Ndidi's. AMN is much better on the ball and he'd be great alongside Ndidi actually.

But i'm telling ye, we need us some Ndidi.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Back on Diallo though, he would obviously fit into the strategy of buying good young players before they get too expensive. It seems to me that he has a great professional personality and a lot of leadership potential; he strikes me as a very 'serious' player.

Obviously has a lot of developing to do - and I wonder if he'd prefer to carry on playing regularly in Germany rather than lose playing time here - but I wouldn't be against this signing. I think we need an experienced CB, but I guess i'll bow to the wisdom of Sven.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I don't agree that AMN is similar to Ndidi though. Even if we were to play AMN at CM for a run of games, you wouldn't see his defensive stats anywhere close to Ndidi's. AMN is much better on the ball and he'd be great alongside Ndidi actually.

But i'm telling ye, we need us some Ndidi.

It's a hard comparison to make right now, especially since they play in different systems and AMN hasn't been given his chance in midfield yet, but I think AMN will play similar in midfield for us as Ndidi would. I think we need different options and somebody like Fabinho would be better for us. Cost will obviously be an issue.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
https://www.whoscored.com/News/93oEp9GDTECygIoMWMTRUA/Show/Arsenal-eye-move-for-Bundesliga-defender

2018%2f1%2fabdou23.jpg

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

From what I gather he's not a bad passer but he's also not perhaps the prototypical modern ball-playing CB. The other guy we were linked to, Felix Uduokhai, fits that mould much more.

I don't particularly care that much though or see it as a bad thing. I'd rather he was just a good defender first of all, he looks to have all the basic defensive stats locked down: 2.7 aerial duals p/g, 2.4 tackles p/g, 2.7 interceptions p/g & 2.0 clearances p/g.

Top Bottom