• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abdou Diallo

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There is no news with this bump, so apologies for that, but there is finally some good footage of him...

Main takeaways are that he is strong, good in the air, and capable of some very crisp passes. I'd definitely be happy with signing him, my impression is that he is better then Chambers. He's reputed for being mature beyond his years as well, so I think he'd be able to step up to the challenge of playing here.

Great stuff. I imagine if Evans doesn't come this month we'll be seeing Diallo, or someone with a similar profile, in the summer.

And yes I think his maturity is one of his best qualities actually. Him, Holding & Mavropanos would be a very interesting set of young CBs. Chambers I just don't know about, I worry that he doesn't have enough aggressiveness in his play.

Can we get by till the summer with what we have though? That's the question.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Great stuff. I imagine if Evans doesn't come this month we'll be seeing Diallo, or someone with a similar profile, in the summer.

And yes I think his maturity is one of his best qualities actually. Him, Holding & Mavropanos would be a very interesting set of young CBs. Chambers I just don't know about, I worry that he doesn't have enough aggressiveness in his play.

Can we get by till the summer with what we have though? That's the question.

Fantastic talent !

His build up play alone is already waay above average and I think we would be wise to get him instead of Evans.
Think he would do well asap.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Diallo should hopefully be playing against Bayern this afternoon. Will be a good way to see what he's made of!

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
This boy looks really solid. Would be a great signing and only 21 as well. Sign Toby and him and we are set.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This boy looks really solid. Would be a great signing and only 21 as well. Sign Toby and him and we are set.
Better chance at getting Manolas than Alderweireld. I like the idea of Diallo-Manolas.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I thought he looked quite good, he was Mainz's best player imo. He played at LB instead of CB today, but still managed to make some good passes, dribbles, and tackles. I'm intrigued.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I missed the game unfortunately, I hear he bossed it? Potential to step up to Arsenal we think?

There's something about this guy, he has leader potential written all over him. Wouldn't want to miss out on him just cos he's a bit young.

al-Ustaadh

Keep Mustafi and partner him with Monolas or Toby, have Kos as 3rd choice, bring in Diallo to pressure all 3.
Diallo wont come here for 3rd/4th choice. And he's ready for the first team anyways.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Diallo wont come here for 3rd/4th choice. And he's ready for the first team anyways.
I doubt any 21 year old, let alone one from ligue 1, is ready to come to England and straight away start for a big English club.

You have to be a Varane to do that.

al-Ustaadh

I doubt any 21 year old, let alone one from ligue 1, is ready to come to England and straight away start for a big English club.

You have to be a Varane to do that.
Diallo is ready. And he's not in Ligue 1. He starts for Mainz in the Bundesliga. Was the best player on the pitch for them against Bayern earlier today.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Diallo is ready. And he's not in Ligue 1. He starts for Mainz in the Bundesliga. Was the best player on the pitch for them against Bayern earlier today.

That's not saying much, is it? He plays for Mainz ffs.

I watched him play quite a bit, he's not good enough for us. We need better. We need the complete article.

Impact

Established Member
Mertesacker is retiring. Sell Chambers and Holding. Bring in a bonafide starter at RCB like Alderweireld or Manolas and keep Mustafi as deputy. Let Koscielny continue at LCB and give Diallo regular games in rotation as to manage Laurent's achilles. Easily done and I'm sure he would be happy with between 20-25 games and the challenge/opportunity to permanently displace the ageing Koscielny.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Mertesacker is retiring. Sell Chambers and Holding. Bring in a bonafide starter at RCB like Alderweireld or Manolas and keep Mustafi as deputy. Let Koscielny continue at LCB and give Diallo regular games in rotation as to manage Laurent's achilles. Easily done and I'm sure he would be happy with between 20-25 games and the challenge/opportunity to permanently displace the ageing Koscielny.

I agree with all of that apart from the bit about selling Holding. Steady on, give him a productive loan and persist with him. He only cost us 2m and there's the makings of a good CB there.

al-Ustaadh

That's not saying much, is it? He plays for Mainz ffs.

I watched him play quite a bit, he's not good enough for us. We need better. We need the complete article.

Better than him playing like ****? Not to mention he played out of position as a LB.

Diallo is good enough. He’s a fantastic talent. Rare breed of a center back who is ready to play now. Diallo-Manolas for me.

Also, I’ll take Sven’s word over your’s.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom