• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abdou Diallo

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Better than him playing like ****? Not to mention he played out of position as a LB.

Diallo is good enough. He’s a fantastic talent. Rare breed of a center back who is ready to play now. Diallo-Manolas for me.

Also, I’ll take Sven’s word over your’s.

So high strung. :lol: No one asked you to take my word, this isn't a proselytising forum.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Sigh... I hate talking to juveniles.

Ignore.

"That's not saying much, is it? He plays for Mainz ffs.

I watched him play quite a bit, he's not good enough for us. We need better. We need the complete article."

If what I said was high strung, then I don't know how that isn't - especially the first part. But it's cool. Ignore away.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Does he have pace? That’s a quality needed in your cb

Decent pace yeah, but it's not his biggest quality. Quick enough for us though. His best qualities appear to be his strength and composure, as well as his maturity.

I still worry that he needs another season or two of development just to get that experience under his belt. But he has something about him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If Mustafi leaves and this kid comes in, you're left with Koscielny + 4 CB's under the age of 23. Doesn't seem ideal.

al-Ustaadh

Does he have pace? That’s a quality needed in your cb
He definitely has enough of it. Not on Davinson Sanchez levels, but it's there. He seems to be ahead of most in his age range in being able to read the game, so he makes up for any lack in pace. It could be a worry with how open we play but I think our training and fitness could make up for any short falls. I think Xhaka is a good example, and while some will probably disagree, he seems much more mobile now than when he was when he first got here.

al-Ustaadh

If Mustafi leaves and this kid comes in, you're left with Koscielny + 4 CB's under the age of 23. Doesn't seem ideal.
Diallo-Manolas with Koscielny acting as third choice and Mavropanos and Holding/Chambers rounding out the rest.

Reactions: A_G

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Where are people getting the idea Mustafi will be sold, is it just wish fulfilment or is it something you think will happen?

Kos, Mustafi, Diallo, Holding, Chambers & Mavropanos. 2 senior CBs and 4 young CBs. That balance doesn't seem right to me. Two of those young CBs need a loan and Chambers could be sold potentially. I think the club will pick up their pursuit of Evans even if Diallo comes in.

al-Ustaadh

Where are people getting the idea Mustafi will be sold, is it just wish fulfilment or is it something you think will happen?

Kos, Mustafi, Diallo, Holding, Chambers & Mavropanos. 2 senior CBs and 4 young CBs. That balance doesn't seem right to me. Two of those young CBs need a loan and Chambers could be sold potentially. I think the club will pick up their pursuit of Evans even if Diallo comes in.
Think it comes from the idea that we entertained selling him to Italy in the summer and the recent rumors about Manolas. Putting one and one together seems reasonable. Don't know if he will or not. I'm mostly throwing out Wish List ****.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Think it comes from the idea that we entertained selling him to Italy in the summer and the recent rumors about Manolas. Putting one and one together seems reasonable. Don't know if he will or not. I'm mostly throwing out Wish List ****.

Fair enough, but we were only allegedly open to selling him. If it turns out that was all fabricated rumours I wouldn't be surprised. Perhaps Mustafi was bluffing but he seems a pretty straight talker and he himself came out and said that was all BS.

I think he'll stay and eventually take over from Kos. You can argue he should be scrapped and two new starting CBs should come in, but we don't operate that way.

al-Ustaadh

I think one of the main appealing factors for Diallo is he's left-footed. Same with Evans (he's supposed to be comfortable with both). There were rumors we were looking for a left-footed center back when Diallo and Uduokhai were linked with us originally (back in December).

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Indeed. We need a finished article which this lad is not. This isn't Dortmund, We don't buy young talent just to develop them and then sell them on to the highest bidder.

Reactions: A_G

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Lets just hold of judging mustafi or Anybody else while Wenger is still at the helm

Under another coach that actually organizes his team And defense mustafi and others will look much different and imo better

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Lets just hold of judging mustafi or Anybody else while Wenger is still at the helm

Under another coach that actually organizes his team And defense mustafi and others will look much different and imo better
He makes the same sort of mistakes playing for Germany. Anyway, I'm talking about him leaving because he supposedly wanted to last summer.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Clearly noone is going to pay this, but the fact that they even think it's an acceptable fee shows just how ****ed the market has become. Ridiculous.

Top Bottom