Abdou Diallo

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevi, Dec 16, 2017.

1. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

Evans at a 6th of the price!

If we are after an experienced defender then Evans for £3m seems a no brainier compared to Sokratis for £20m

Oooh to be likes this.
  2. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

We will probably get Evans on the cheap then, so we can pay the price for either Diallo or Soyuncu.

3. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Sokratis is experienced - 79 international caps, CL experience, Europa experience and experienced in winning domestic trophies in Serie A and the Bundesliga.

The left sided CBs we have been linked to are Dunk, Soyuncu, Diallo, Evans and very weakly linked to Harry Maguire. The only right sided CB we have been linked to is Sokratis.

4. al-Ustaadh

It's been well-known that we've been looking for a left-sided CB since January.

5. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

I thought we went off Evans because his agent demanded something like 4m?

6. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

It's going to be a travesty, if we let Dortmund get him.

Just like Napoli going for Lucas Torreira to replace Jorginho.

We need to be getting these players at this stage of their career. We can't afford to overpay for them when they turn out to be quality.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  7. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

I like Diallo, he's useful as a left-footer and he has some great leadership qualities, but it wouldn't be travesty if we didn't get him. here are plenty of good young CBs out there. Torreira on the other hand, that's one we really shouldn't pass up on. He's so obviously a future star in the making.

El Granit-Coq likes this.
  8. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Forza Milan

Get French Football News
    has learnt that contact was first made by the London club for the player at the beginning of this season, and that Mislintat has been a keen admirer of Diallo since his AS Monaco reserve days.

Depending on Unai Emery’s wishes, it is highly probable that Arsenal make a concrete move for the player in the coming weeks.

Carlo Marx likes this.
  9. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

10. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

For only 20M euros that's great deal

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  12. Borussin

Borussin AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

I don't think those reports are actually true about Diallo and Dortmund yet. Yes there is interest, but no fee has been agreed on.

13. al-Ustaadh

Don’t understand why we’re not shipping out a defender or two to get this guy.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Nothing in Germany about him going to Dortmund yet?

15. Borussin

Borussin AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

Nothing new in the local Dortmund paper today as of yet. Or in Kicker. Just the usual chat from the past few days that there is interest.

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  16. Aevi

Aevi Smooth Moderator

17. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Move for both of them and jump ship on that Freiburg lad

1CK1S, cannel and Ricardinho like this.
  18. Aevi

Aevi Smooth Moderator

I'm not sure how Diallo is an alternative to Sokratis if the latter is wanted for his experience. Even if they are similar in style, that makes for a big difference between the two.

19. al-Ustaadh

Think it's more about Diallo being left-footed than anything else. He's also got future leader/captain qualities. I think he's captained both France u21s and Mainz on a few occasions.

Edit: Personally, and I realize he's young, but I'd rather have him over Sokratis.

20. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Do this mustafi is staying fml