• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abdou Diallo

TornadoTed

Established Member
Evans at a 6th of the price!

If we are after an experienced defender then Evans for £3m seems a no brainier compared to Sokratis for £20m

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We still need a experienced one. So it's not Sokratis or Diallo. Think we will sign an older and a younger one.

What are realistic alternatives to Sokratis?
We will probably get Evans on the cheap then, so we can pay the price for either Diallo or Soyuncu.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We still need a experienced one. So it's not Sokratis or Diallo. Think we will sign an older and a younger one.

What are realistic alternatives to Sokratis?

Sokratis is experienced - 79 international caps, CL experience, Europa experience and experienced in winning domestic trophies in Serie A and the Bundesliga.

The left sided CBs we have been linked to are Dunk, Soyuncu, Diallo, Evans and very weakly linked to Harry Maguire. The only right sided CB we have been linked to is Sokratis.

al-Ustaadh

It's been well-known that we've been looking for a left-sided CB since January.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Diallo is wanted by Arsenal and Dortmund. but Di Marzio saying Dortmund are more likely to sign him.

It's going to be a travesty, if we let Dortmund get him.

Just like Napoli going for Lucas Torreira to replace Jorginho.

We need to be getting these players at this stage of their career. We can't afford to overpay for them when they turn out to be quality.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's going to be a travesty, if we let Dortmund get him.

Just like Napoli going for Lucas Torreira to replace Jorginho.

We need to be getting these players at this stage of their career. We can't afford to overpay for them when they turn out to be quality.

I like Diallo, he's useful as a left-footer and he has some great leadership qualities, but it wouldn't be travesty if we didn't get him. here are plenty of good young CBs out there. Torreira on the other hand, that's one we really shouldn't pass up on. He's so obviously a future star in the making.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Get French Football News
has learnt that contact was first made by the London club for the player at the beginning of this season, and that Mislintat has been a keen admirer of Diallo since his AS Monaco reserve days.

Depending on Unai Emery’s wishes, it is highly probable that Arsenal make a concrete move for the player in the coming weeks.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
I don't think those reports are actually true about Diallo and Dortmund yet. Yes there is interest, but no fee has been agreed on.

al-Ustaadh

Don’t understand why we’re not shipping out a defender or two to get this guy.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm not sure how Diallo is an alternative to Sokratis if the latter is wanted for his experience. Even if they are similar in style, that makes for a big difference between the two.

al-Ustaadh

I'm not sure how Diallo is an alternative to Sokratis if the latter is wanted for his experience. Even if they are similar in style, that makes for a big difference between the two.
Think it's more about Diallo being left-footed than anything else. He's also got future leader/captain qualities. I think he's captained both France u21s and Mainz on a few occasions.

Edit: Personally, and I realize he's young, but I'd rather have him over Sokratis.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom