Abdoulaye Doucoure

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by dashsnow17, Feb 19, 2018.

1. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

Rygura likes this.
  2. dashsnow17

I don't really care that he's not a pure DM. Firstly Wenger doesn't really recognise that role and there are other ways to play, the use of a pure DM isn't the only system out there. And secondly if he's putting up numbers like that then who the hell cares? He'd give us something we don't have and he'd improve the midfield.

3. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Fernandinho is not a pure DM, Neither is/was Kante. As long as he doesn't making forward runs willy Nilly, he'd do well here.

Zaza likes this.
  4. Stannis

Stannis Well-Known Member

when was the last that a player who openly wanted us actually came here?

5. dashsnow17

Aye that's my worry, saying you want to sign for Arsenal is usually the death knell in any potential Arsenal transfer haha. Though to be fair Mkhi did say he wanted to play here ages ago, only took him 5 years or so to actually get here.

6. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

Add Lafont to that list. Basically came out and said he was an Arsenal fan when we need a new keeper.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  7. dashsnow17

Maybe he'll be the exception to the rule. Hope so, he's kept 11 clean sheets already this season. Toulouse are 16th in the table but have conceded only the 10th fewest goals.

8. dashsnow17

Anyway, Doucoure up against Everton in a bit. Let's see how he does.

9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

I put him into my team and made him 195 current ability in FM18. In game editor. Lovely stuff.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  10. StefanB

StefanB Well-Known Member

Just turned on my stream. Watched Doucoure just blast a shot insanely high and wide. :p

dashsnow17 likes this.
  11. dashsnow17

As I've been saying, he'd be perfect for us.

El Duderino likes this.
  12. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Doucoure is always the one receiving the ball from the defense and bringing the ball out. He'd be an improvement on Xhaka or Ramsey as the deeper midfielder for sure.

He's got much better defensive instincts than either.

13. StefanB

Really good under pressure and seems to be able to pick a pass. Also looks quite powerful and skillful.

I like the look of him.

14. StefanB

Just got mauled by Keane and didn't even get a freekick. Would be perfect for us.

15. dashsnow17

Aye, he's not a DM that just sits on the halfway line, he moves all around. But when he sees danger he busts a gut to track back, that alone is an improvement. He's got legs like drainpipes, so rangy.

16. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

How tall is he. Google says 182 but he looks taller. Are his gangly legs throwing me off, cause he definitely looks at least 188 to me.

17. StefanB

Watford's offical site and PL's official site says he's 184cm.

18. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

In the attacking third he usually sits 40 yards out as the pivot a bit like Xhaka does for us but he's got some pace so can play those 1-2's like Veiera used to.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  19. Stannis

Stannis Well-Known Member

Think the club would want someone more experienced

20. dashsnow17

Would you say the same about Donnarumma? Any big club would be happy to buy Donnarumma and play him despite his age, Lafont has more or less as much experience as Donnarumma.

Anyway, in terms of elite quality who is there? Oblak & Alisson. If you can't get them, and it'd be very difficult to, then are you gonna prefer a more experienced player with less quality like Horn or a less experienced one with more?

Lafont will be France's no. 1. No reason not to get him now before he's out of our reach.