Abdoulaye Méïté

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Adam, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sporttop/tm_objectid=15049282%26method=full%26siteid=50143%26headline=edu%2ds%2dfeeling%2dunwanted%2dat%2dhighbury-name_page.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sporttop/ ... _page.html</a>

Anyone seen much of him? He's an Ivorian CB. I used to like Beye of Marseille too. He impressed me last season.

With Essien also being Ivorian - is Wenger looking to coast the league? :lol:

2. Sammer

Sammer New Member Elite

Brianfrance,

what to you think about the guy?

3. arsenal4life

arsenal4life New Member

Re: Meite of Marseille

Essien isn't Ivorian
    he's Ghanaian

4. brianfrance

brianfrance New Member Elite

Was on excellent form last season, true, but too much inconsistent this season. His main default is his technical ability, which is very poor. Also he doesn't read the game very well. Has a good head, and physical ability. Marseille have the 6th defense in France at the moment, which isn't that bad, without being wonderful either.

5. Gazza Martinez

Gazza Martinez New Member Elite

We don't need another physical defender like Sol and Kolo. We need an elegant reader of the game ie. a Kompany, a Carvalho, a Ferdinand, or Nesta. Basically a foil for the more physical Campbell. Senderos could be that player.

6. Sammer

Sammer New Member Elite

If that description fits the guy, it doesn´t really sound like a Wenger-signing.. :D

7. Sammer

Sammer New Member Elite

....ad Metzelder to that list, he would be a great choice.

8. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

i hope that we do not get too many african players because when the african nations cup starts again we will be short of players again we have had problems with this tournament before. with Kanu. and Lauren. im sure that Toure will want to play for his country aswell as the new signing Eboue.

9. brianfrance

In France we have hundreds of african players, that's a BIG problem during the african cup. One stupid question : why isn't that cup in summer ????

10. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

Heat!

11. brianfrance

They're used to :roll:

12. arsenal4life

arsenal4life New Member

no
    the middle of africa is hot all the year
    it's the equator the sun is perpendicular on it all the year

the countries in the north will be in summer in June
    but the countries in the south will be in winter in June

really i don't understand the stupidity of the CAF in this point

13. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

Metzelder would be a great choice and surely quite a realistic one too. Dortumund are in a financial mess, so some of their top players would make great targets. Not so simple, I know, but I hope we look into it.

14. Gazza Martinez

Gazza Martinez New Member Elite

Whats Metzelder's form been like this season, and how old is he? I lost track of him when he got injured a few years ago.

15. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

According to planetfootball he has made one sub appearence this season and only got back to full fitness in Dec! Think if a player like him was to be considered we would have to give him until the end of the season to see what is form is like and if he breaks down with another injury. From what Sammer and other people say the boy is quality but then again so is Woodgate but you don't want players who spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch!