• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abel Hernández

Floating

Established Member
Seems like he's our first target aside from Benzema and possibly Rooney.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10279629/Arsenal-manager-Arsène-Wenger-to-bid-80-million-for-Mesut-Özil-Angel-di-Maria-and-Abel-Hernandez.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... andez.html</a>

Any Serie A fans rate him?

Beeney

He's got potential. Tall, strong and very fast, not a great scoring record but still only 23.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
We are unlikely to get a world class forward anymore, so we're most likely looking for options to rotate with Giroud.

Someone like this guy or Ba makes sense, really.

Benzema could still happen though.... Shhhh!

Floating

Established Member
He seems like he's got some very raw potential and ability and like Wenger could do wonders with him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Floating said:
He seems like he's got some very raw potential and ability and like Wenger could do wonders with him.

His form has massively dropped in last 2 years i know he is just 23 years old still young but not sure he will give Giroud a good competition.

Buhry

Established Member

Would rather overpay for Sharaawy!

Allthough I will admit I have never seen this guy play :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Isn't he very highly rated?

This is one of those gambles that could pay off, he is tall and strong, very quick and decent in the air. He has the potential to be a great finisher under Wenger.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oX6Mz2DW4M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oX6Mz2DW4M</a>

His dancing looks well better than Eboue's

Can see the potential he has as well. I know nothing about him.

Pires7_Legend

It is a gamble he has potential to be really good. Personally i rather go for El Sharawy or Benzema.

Plus i think it is BS awell, they probably link us with him because we are going to sign Viviano who is in the same club as him.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Provided we get Özil, then it's worth a punt.

As long as he has the raw ingredients there, Wenger will take care of the rest.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
If we can't get a WC striker we should at least get a bit of variation up front, Giroud and Sanogo are both lanky target men, Ba is a big lad aswell, I haven't seen much of this lad and he may have some pace but he seems to fit In the same mould as our current big lads. Personally I wouldn't mind someone a bit smaller, quicker with better link up play than our current options. The whole point of a bench should be that they offer something different when things aren't going well. I wouldn't turn my nose up to Ba at the same time though.

Brotherz

He could be a coup, he's best season was when Palermo were performing well, and he was young. Palermo have declined, strikers need a good team to provide some assistance. He's got all the attributes to be playing at a higher level.

My guess is that Wengers a long term admirer, now Palermo have dropped to Serie B, it could be the perfect time to grab a bargain.
3 years ago, he would have sold for "world class" money, I remember, you don't just lose ability in the space of 3 years, he's at the wrong club.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
CurryFlavoured said:
If we can't get a WC striker we should at least get a bit of variation up front, Giroud and Sanogo are both lanky target men, Ba is a big lad aswell, I haven't seen much of this lad and he may have some pace but he seems to fit In the same mould as our current big lads. Personally I wouldn't mind someone a bit smaller, quicker with better link up play than our current options. The whole point of a bench should be that they offer something different when things aren't going well. I wouldn't turn my nose up to Ba at the same time though.

To be honest, I am of the opposite view to you.

If we are looking to sign a world class striker, then we should be looking at someone who offers something different to Giroud. Giroud does a good job at the role he is asked to play, so if we are looking to spend 15m plus on anyone, then it needs to be on someone who is another option for the side as opposed to depth.

If we are just looking at cover to play when Giroud is unfit or needs a rest, then we should be trying to sign a striker who is similar to him. You don't want to be changing the way the side plays every time Giroud needs a rest.

Pires7_Legend

He only turned 23 last month. He is 1.85 height, very fast and technical + good in the air aswell. His goalscoring record is not the best for Palermo and he definetly needs to improve it but he has tons of potential and i think under Wenger he would improve alot.

I remember 2-3 years ago he was doubted as one of the biggest young players in Serie A but he really never made it as it was promisid at the earlier stages i think it happend due to injuries + i think Palermo sold their best players aswell.

He has ponential to be great and under Wenger he will improve alot. He has good techincal attributes but need to improve his finishing. ( he scored 7 goals in 10 matches for Uraguy).

I think we were linked to him couple of season back ago.

cannonade

Established Member
Cudareli said:
CurryFlavoured said:

If we are looking to sign a world class striker, then we should be looking at someone who offers something different to Giroud. Giroud does a good job at the role he is asked to play, so if we are looking to spend 15m plus on anyone, then it needs to be on someone who is another option for the side as opposed to depth.

If we are just looking at cover to play when Giroud is unfit or needs a rest, then we should be trying to sign a striker who is similar to him. You don't want to be changing the way the side plays every time Giroud needs a rest.

I would guess, based on your assessment, it is the latter. If it's too late and too expensive to improve on Giroud, Wenger is looking for a player who can slot in and not change our style. Perhaps get a game changer on the wing to improve service and attacking emphasis. Makes sense.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Cudareli said:
CurryFlavoured said:

I agree with part one (and I reckon most would) that if we splash out it should be on someone who offers something different, but I still hold the same view even if we are just adding options. Especially if, and its a big if, we add Özil to the team we will probably have the two most creative players in the league playing behind the striker in himself and Cazorla. Giroud does his best but he still frustrates the **** out of me when he gets on the end of through balls, he just lacks the speed and dribbling to have a run at opposition CBs (funnily enough he did a bit of that today). What I'm saying is if long ball into Giroud wasn't working, which we've seen numerous times because his hold up play isn't very good, would we not be better off with a new option rather than persist with plan A? I'd like to think so.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
CurryFlavoured said:
Cudareli said:
CurryFlavoured said:

I agree with part one (and I reckon most would) that if we splash out it should be on someone who offers something different, but I still hold the same view even if we are just adding options. Especially if, and its a big if, we add Özil to the team we will probably have the two most creative players in the league playing behind the striker in himself and Cazorla. Giroud does his best but he still frustrates the **** out of me when he gets on the end of through balls, he just lacks the speed and dribbling to have a run at opposition CBs (funnily enough he did a bit of that today). What I'm saying is if long ball into Giroud wasn't working, which we've seen numerous times because his hold up play isn't very good, would we not be better off with a new option rather than persist with plan A? I'd like to think so.

Be careful, you will get what you pay for.

If we aren't looking to splash out and spend big on a striker, then a player on loan who is close to the level of Giroud and plays the same style of football is fine by me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love someone in the Suarez mould but with less then 24 hours to go, we need to be realistic here. Bring in someone who can slot in when Giroud needs a rest without disrupting the teams style of play and I will be a happy man.

dbig

His stats is pretty bad for a striker. A goal every 5 games or so in Italy. Bendtner probably has better stats at the same age.

Saying that, if he has the talent and skills then maybe we could make something out of him.

Top Bottom