• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abel Hernández

thedon5

His goal ratio is misleading, he has been playing for a relegated team so you can't expect he'll get anything near decent service. One goal last season is still awful though.

What is a worry though is by the looks of it he hasn't been starting for a relegated team?

I saw a bit of him a couple of seasons ago, what I do like is he offers something completely different to Giroud and is younger. But being honest I'd prefer if we spent around £10-15 m on Muriel than on this guy. He is younger and scored a lot of goals last season. He certainly knows where the goal is and could consistently score 15 goals a season if he settles and continues to improve. With Hernandez, it's a far bigger gamble.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
To be honest the "crap team" argument can go both ways. It can also means teams are more open to the attackers

Pies

Was looking very good at one stage...sort of lost him after he had some injuries and then Palermo went crap and were relegated.

Still think we need to upgrade on Giroud if we are to really improve...Abel is still a bit of a project.

The Escaped Ape

Fabo will be happy. From the BBC transfer stream.

LA JOYA FOR GENOA?

Italy football writer James Horncastle: "Abel Hernandez, the 23-year-old Palermo forward nicknamed La Joya, is very close to completing a move to Genoa, according the La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"The Uruguay international had been linked with Arsenal over the weekend. 'I want to play in Serie A again to get back into the national team,' he said. 'Genoa would be perfect. I've already spoken with [coach Fabio] Liverani.' Richly talented, Hernandez's development was curtailed by a serious knee injury last season. His passion for the Sicilian nightlife might also explain why he hasn't pushed on as expected. Palermo's combustible president Maurizio Zamparini felt he needed 'a kick up the backside.'"

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom