• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abou Diaby (Out)

Webdesignlab

Established Member
http://www.football.fr/cmc/scanner/...n-contact-avec-l-inter-et-chelsea_230017.html

Arsenal: Diaby in contact with Inter and Chelsea "

At 23, Abou Diaby continues to progress at Arsenal but not enough to attract the interest of big European teams. Too often slowed by injuries, the international french air could change this summer, despite the willingness of Arsène Wenger to preserve at all costs. "There were contacts with Inter Milan and Chelsea, and we met Arsène Wenger last week. The exchanges have been fruitful, and he absolutely wants to keep Abu. In his mind, a departure is not the agenda, "said his agent in Football.fr, before concluding:" However, we will conduct a joint reflection and focus more seriously on the future next week. "

Please God "Oui".

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Re: The news we have all waited for ... Diaby

"Abou Diaby continues to progress at Arsenal but not enough to attract the interest of big European teams."

Yet he's linked with Chelsea and Inter? What is a "big European team" then? Do they draw the line right beneath Barca?

I would hate to see him leave for Chelsea, by the way. I can't stand the thought of any of our players going to those horrible ****s.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

It's probably just his agent making sure he does NOT get sold. Making him seem that he is wanted.

ibby

Established Member

Selling him would be a terrible move, especially to one of our rivals.

Jameel46

Established Member

so Diaby's now the one we're all picking on? lol

Anyway, going to Inter as replacement for Vieira makes sense but he doesn't seem like a Mourinho player to me.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

Jameel46 said:
so Diaby's now the one we're all picking on? lol

Now? The man's has been a pain in the Arsenal for months now.

Proof

Established Member

I think he will be good in Italy, if Mourinho plays him in the centre of midfield. I would like a swap deal with PSG's Sakho though.

ibby

Established Member

Viking said:
ibby said:
Really, why?
He's clearly going to get better, it's just confidence he's lacking (like many of our players). I would give him one more season at least before we start calling for his head.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

ibby said:
Viking said:
ibby said:
Really, why?
He's clearly going to get better, it's just confidence he's lacking (like many of our players). I would give him one more season at least before we start calling for his head.

Maybe that is true Ibby, but he is taking up valuable first team starts.

progman07

Established Member

Let this be true, please. He is detrimental to our team, Wenger plays him too often, and ahead of REAL talents like Vela and Ramsey.

Those 25 starts could have gone to better players (like Arshavin in the FA semi?).

Imagine we had given Vela/Ramsey those starts, how much would have they progressed? Unlike Diaby who hasn't progressed since 2006.

progman07

Established Member

ibby said:
Viking said:
ibby said:
Really, why?
You jokin? Denilson, Bendtner and co. lack confidence, not this clown.

He is dribbling into dead ends. He isn't showing any passion. He is just plain stupid, I have just re-watched the Arsenal-Bolton match in 06/07, where he and Baptista ran into each other in the infamous "them vs keeper" situation. Diaby was so egoistic he didn't pass the ball in the most obvious position...

He slows the game down with needless touches, and clumsy ideas. He cannot even pick a simple pass! I can't understand why Wenger likes him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I'll never get that logic webdesignlab. You're normally one of the ones I can get/understand. Who's he taking up starts instead of that would do better? Ramsey? Wilshere? If they were ready, Wenger would play them. Start looking at that rather than blaming Diaby. Diaby's been used as a utility player by Wenger in almost every position going, and had significantly less minutes than any of Song, Denilson, Nasri, and Fabregas. That should tell you two things;

1) Wenger currently does not see him as a first choice midielder ahead of the aforementioned.
2) He's not played enough to excel in any one position - be that through injury, form or whatever.

The fact that he (and Silvestre for that matter) therefore seem to get so much vitriol for our underperforming team, whilst the ones who have been on the pitch every week and failing consistently escape much more lightly, sums up the bizarre and frankly embarassing logic of the majority of football fans. And as far as you're thread title goes - speak for yourself rather than using 'we'.

ibby

Established Member

progman07 said:

He is dribbling into dead ends. He isn't showing any passion. He is just plain stupid, I have just re-watched the Arsenal-Bolton match in 06/07, where he and Baptista ran into each other in the infamous "them vs keeper" situation. Diaby was so egoistic he didn't pass the ball in the most obvious position...

He slows the game down with needless touches, and clumsy ideas. He cannot even pick a simple pass! I can't understand why Wenger likes him.
Will you put your hatred to one side and view this objectively. The crowd have been on his back since last season, giving him up now would be extremely stupid, the lad is clearly talented and comes up with some big performances in big games, see Milan, Liverpool and United.

Someone (as you put it) that can't pick a simple pass, dribbles into dead ends and isn't showing any passion is clearly lacking confidence

As for taking up valuable minutes for other players, Diaby has started 25 games this season, Song has started 37, Denilson 49, Fabregas 33. Ramsey and Vela aren't ready, hence the reason they aren't playing.

beck

Established Member

progman07 said:
Let this be true, please. He is detrimental to our team, Wenger plays him too often, and ahead of REAL talents like Vela and Ramsey.

Those 25 starts could have gone to better players (like Arshavin in the FA semi?).

Imagine we had given Vela/Ramsey those starts, how much would have they progressed? Unlike Diaby who hasn't progressed since 2006.
thatsunfair mate,diaby has had better seasons 06/07 and 08/09 than he had prior to 06

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

progman07 said:

**Sigh** you again. Your last line is funny, considering he gives the ball away less than Denilson despite playing a significantly riskier game. And how on Earth can you say Bendtner lacks confidence but Diaby doesn't? If there someone who's not short of self belief then its Nicklas Bendtner. Its always one rule for someone and another rule for everyone else isn't it?

asajoseph

Established Member

Diaby could be a squad player for us next season, and play a big role, but if Wenger continues to use him in the way he does, he's not going to amount to anything particularly useful. His continual presence in the crucial games towards the end of the season was painful to watch - I don't mind selling him, if only because it takes the temptation out of Wenger's hands.

qs

Established Member

ibby said:
The crowd have been on his back since last season

The crowd have never been on his back. The crowd have been on Eboue, Nik, Song and Ades back and 3 of those guys have pretty much turned it around. Diabys never been booed despite being inferior to any of those players.

ibby said:
the lad is clearly talented and comes up with some big performances in big games, see Milan, Liverpool and United.

Diaby didn't play well against Liverpool and United. :?

ibby said:
Someone (as you put it) that can't pick a simple pass, dribbles into dead ends and isn't showing any passion is clearly lacking confidence

Diaby is arrogant in the things he trying. Far too often dribbling for too long, trying stupid flicks etc. He certainly doesn't lack confidence.

ibby said:
As for taking up valuable minutes for other players, Diaby has started 25 games this season, Song has started 37, Denilson 49, Fabregas 33. Ramsey and Vela aren't ready, hence the reason they aren't playing.

No one would have a problem with people saying Ramsey and Vela aren't ready if it was a decent player keeping them out of the team but Diaby has been given games purely on loyalty. Also pointing to the fact he played less than Denilson and Song is another reason to let him go, his injury record is piss poor.

The guy just has too many negatives. I'll be celebrating if he's let go. I'd always rather see some one else in his place.

qs

Established Member

Big Poppa said:
Your last line is funny, considering he gives the ball away less than Denilson despite playing a significantly riskier game.

Thats simply not true.

And if Diabys passing game is so much riskier why has he only 2 league assists for the season?

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member

I still don't want to lose anyone this summer. If we can buy the one or two key players without too much financial duress - and I think we can - that should be first priority.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom