• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abou Diaby

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 234
  • Views 13,951
Status
Not open for further replies.

phonics

for all you subscribers theres a video from wenger saying that everything will be confirmed in the next 48 hours, he also says how many signing's there will be in total.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
for all you subscribers theres a video from wenger saying that everything will be confirmed in the next 48 hours, he also says how many signing's there will be in total.

Have you watched the video?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
phonics said:

anyone knows how many?

i'm expecting another established player that could be played immediately operating the RM specifically to say.

Ratinho

Established Member
bojed said:
anyone has seen him playing in a full game? how good is he? i hope he won't be the next vieira. i want him to be better than our former captain!

welcome diaby!

I saw him absolutely dominate the England u-21's (I think it was u-21, may have been younger) and he was far and away the best player on the pitch. It's getting a comical referrence, but he was more Essien-like than Vieira-like. Although in agility and poise, he is very similar to Paddy.

And 19 is no kid. He is better than Flamini already imo, and has far more scope to improve.

phonics

quote from the arsenal website

"We are active but at the moment we have nothing concrete… maybe in the next 48 hours.”

Arsène Wenger speaking exclusively to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon

With the transfer window open, transfer rumours are filling the newspapers. Arsène Wenger spoke to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon and gave us the latest on possible new signings. Subscribers can see what he had to say. Remember these are Wenger’s words as he said them.

In this exclusive video interview the manager discusses:

- the possibility of new signings and the number
- why he can’t be too open about his dealings
- the visit of Middlesbrough on Saturday
- the news that Thierry Henry wants to stay
- when he would like to seal a new deal

Arsenal TV Online subscribers can see this exclusive interview now.

Join Arsenal TV Online

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Ratinho said:
bojed said:
anyone has seen him playing in a full game? how good is he? i hope he won't be the next vieira. i want him to be better than our former captain!

welcome diaby!

I saw him absolutely dominate the England u-21's (I think it was u-21, may have been younger) and he was far and away the best player on the pitch. It's getting a comical referrence, but he was more Essien-like than Vieira-like. Although in agility and poise, he is very similar to Paddy.

And 19 is no kid. He is better than Flamini already imo, and has far more scope to improve.

as much as i hate essien as a dirty player, i do love his speed, his closing down, his track back (i'm out of word, you get the point), his aggression and his determination during the game.

so if you say that he's essien-like but with the built of vieira, i would say he may be the bulldozer we've been looking for.

oh yes by the way i read somewhere about the france u-19 thrashing down england u-19 with a 3-1 win. the commentators said that diaby was so immense, england had to play long balls as well as evading the central midfield and play by the flanks.

WOW :shock:

Viper

Established Member
Diaby could well be the midfield powerhouse we need to partner Cesc, or maybe even Gilberto when Cesc is not playing - I'm sure Gilberto would be playing better with someone like Diaby with him, as shown when he was with Vieira.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
bank8 said:
This guy is not good enough for Arsenal. I have
not seen him before , though.

you and most all of your comments made me embarassed to admit that i'm from a south-east asia country just like you :eek:ops:

ShortStuff

choi12911 said:
PiresMustGo said:
http://rapidshare.de/files/10928654/vsRennes_titiarsenal49sky.mpg.html

DIABY GOAL

YOURS TRULEY
PIRESMUSTGO

Holy moly f****g s**t. That's one SICK goal. I'm really looking forward for this kid.

Many thanks for the link piresMustGo. That's a good goal the young lad scored.

I remember when it was confirmed that Reyes was coming to Arsenal. And there was a flurry of links posted to see the kind of goals that he was scoring for Seville.

Time has passed, and I've yet to see any kind of consistant quality from the young Spaniard that garnered so much attention in Spain.

In regards to Diaby, it'll take more than a movie clip and a post match analysis from an UNDER-19 match to convince me of his credentials. Before hailing him as any kind of answer to our midfield, I'm waiting patiently to see what he can do at Premiership level...

:whistling

What Wenger said in the interview regarding transfers...

"1 or more. I don't know yet. As long as things are not signed or have not concluded any agreement it's very difficult to talk about it, because it just can complicate things. But we are optimistic that we will atleast get one signing".

Zico

Established Member
this guy might be able to contribute in a hurry and light a fire under Gilberto's unmotivated arse. I remember seeing him with the French team. However, he wasn't the only guy that impressed on that team. There was a fast and skilful striker who was confident going for goal. The French are rebuilding and will make some noise by Euro 2008.

This guy and Walcott together would make for tidy signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom