• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abou Diaby

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 234
  • Views 13,968
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

Established Member
Chelsea aren't bidding to buy him - they're only trying to delay the whole thing and prevent him from joining us.

famous no 10

Established Member
tgr said:
disappointed if this is our only signing

Perhaps, but this guy does seem to have the usual "huge potential", and with him and Hleb settling in, also Cesc and Flamini improving, and, er, Gilberto our centre midfield may start to look impressive again.

We need defensive cover as well imo, Senderos and Cygan are just not enough cover in the centre and Eboue and Kolo will be missing for a time...of course as discussed in other threads we also need a long term keeper replacement, but not yet, Jens has been doing fine...and it all depends how the "kids" start doing, if RVP and Reyes keep improving and start consistently knocking goals in,and lupoli/bendtner/quincy suddenly make the jump to first team potential, then we are rich in forward options.

On paper at least, an in form Henry/Rvp/DB10/Reyes/Pires/Freddie with cover of Lupoli/bendtner/quincy is a healthy forward line indeed, so maybe Wenger still has faith in these guys for the rest of the season.

Personally, I would like to see us sign Torres or Walcott, signing both would seem unlikely, but from my persepective we do need "freshening up" if we are going to win anything this season, and indeed next season.

I feel slightly more optimistic, perhaps it's Henry wanting to stay, which is massive for the club simply to settle the team, but I also feel that our younger players may just be on the verge of something special.

longrufus

Established Member
To be honest it sounds like auxerre are trying to force the price up, by invloving chelsea. I hate to sound so optimistic that the player will come here but he will never go to chelsea. To break through ahead of Essian, Lampard, Makelele, Maniche, Gudjonson, Diarra is hard to say the least. Not to mention the possibility of chelsea buying more players. He knows Wenger gives his young players a chance if they show their ability.

Kenyonhater

The next French midfielder..

I started a topic on this guy back in July after his impressive performance against England for the U19's...

Kenyonhater
Trainee

Post subject: French U-19 talent: Vassiriki Abou Diaby and Younes Kaboul
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:07 pm

Rob Hughes in the Sunday Times, commenting on the victorious French side which outclassed England in the European Under-19 final :-" It was impossible not to think of Monsieur Wenger on Friday as the French No 4, Vassiriki Abou Diaby, bestrode the midfield. Paris-born, but of Ivorian origins, this already immense ball-winner looks as close as we are likely to see to Patrick Vieira. At almost 6ft 2ins, he is rangy and long-striding; he seems to motor all night, to enjoy getting his foot in to tackle. He sees situations so early, he rides tackles so strongly; his left foot is his natural one but he has no compunction about using the right to nick the ball or pass it a full range of distances".
"The blend of French-African qualities, the artistry grafted on to natural athletic quickness and build, is there not only in Diaby, but the even taller (also) Auxerre player, Younes Kaboul, who strides out of defence like a muscled Franz Beckenbauer".

Two for the future, perhaps? Hope we were watching.

brianfrance

Established Member
nobody has really watched him a lot, he's not experienced. But what we've seen so far is very, very encouraging. Strong, good vision and not that bad on the ball. Next vieira I don't know, but at least a future good player thats for sure.

As kenyonhater said, his team mate kaboul is even more impressive, but injury prone. So good on the ball for a centre back, very strong and tall. Wouldn't mind to see him coming as well!

I have never seen Diaby play but the statistics doesn`t speak for him:

He started three games this season for Auxerre, one game was against Lens, where Auxerre lost 0-7.
In two other games he came on as a sub and scored one goal.
Auxerre lost every game he played... Maybe just bad luck for him.

But impressive is something else...

And I think he should play more games, he is already 19 and will be 20 this year.
Look at Ronaldo, Rooney or Fabregas.
Henry was a France International and CL player at that age.

I don`t think this man is the answer to our midfield problems.

polaris sc

GoonerGurjit said:
Also it doesn't hurt that Walcott's idol is Thierry Henry. I bet Walcott was ecstatic after Henry announced that he's staying at Arsenal. It might sound stupid but that could play a big part in where Walcott decides to go.

i think thats a very good point, but hopefully we can get this Diaby, cant say i know much about him, but we need a midfield player badly

Tegh

Established Member
Under-19 French International whom Arséne thinks could be the next Vieira. Chelsea are interested, and we've allegedly put in a 5mil bid. If he goes to Chelsea, he's a ****, for obvious reasons, he'd never get a game, etc, etc, etc.

Can a mod put the guys name in the thread title?

Tegh

Established Member
Chelsea are going to go in for every player we're interested in, which is why they are so *, and why they're ruining the game.

Doesn't matter though, it'll all come crashing down eventually.

Guillermo

Tegh said:
Chelsea are going to go in for every player we're interested in, which is why they are so *, and why they're ruining the game.

Doesn't matter though, it'll all come crashing down eventually.
Well Chelsea are only looking at him according to the player's agent/Auxerre; who no doubt will be trying to force the price up.

You never know, Wenger could not be looking at him at all; Auxerre may be mentioning Wenger, a renowned talent-spotter, to attract interest from the top clubs.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
''Arsenal made an offer to Auxerre and are very keen to get him,'' Boli told the News of the World.

''But Chelsea want him as well. Auxerre are prepared to let him go but they have not agreed a fee yet.

''We have to wait two or three days and see what Chelsea do. They will also make an offer this week and it'll be up to Auxerre.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... &title=Arsène+and+Jose+eye+Diaby

those bastrards are at it again. They will probably guy buy him just to prevent us

let's hope so. signing this guy would be pointless.

arsenal4life

the point is

with all money chelsea have they can't buy all the youngesters in the world

and they can't go after evey player we go for

and if we show a REAL interest in a player
we have fair chance to get him

A

Anonymous

init only 11 players can play cant buy the world , theres always world class pplayers brewing up every year

Guillermo

kel varnsen said:
Shadow Moses said:
''Arsenal made an offer to Auxerre and are very keen to get him,'' Boli told the News of the World.

''But Chelsea want him as well. Auxerre are prepared to let him go but they have not agreed a fee yet.

''We have to wait two or three days and see what Chelsea do. They will also make an offer this week and it'll be up to Auxerre.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... &title=Arsène+and+Jose+eye+Diaby

those bastrards are at it again. They will probably guy buy him just to prevent us

let's hope so. signing this guy would be pointless.
Have you seen him play?

>YounGunner<

Established Member
If he is Smart then he would sign for Arsenal cause he has no chance if he goes to chelsea.

Same with that Obi won kenobi lad who signed for Man Utd but wants to play for Chelsea if he had a brain he would sign for Man Utd cause he will just rot in the Chelski reserves.

Not too sure about this french lad
I hope he has a good touch, most of our midfielders have the touch of a 60 year old German rapist.

A

Anonymous

Anyone who has seen him play is he 1st team material now and who would be replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom