• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

About Hill-wood

camposlin

i am a fans who from China, I want to ask a question about our Chariman Hill-wood.

Does anybody can tell me some background info about him.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Educated at Eton, a typical upper class toff.

Imagine glasses of brandy and fine cigars.

He is so out of touch with the modern game of football, but that is what I like about him.

His grandad and dad were also chairmen of Arsenal, they have been around since the 30's.

Again he shows the tradition and history our club has, Chelsea have no such figure.

sabret00the

Established Member
Can't see it myself? who would succeed him? Dein is a great number, it enables him to do more for the club so i wouldn't like to see him get less of a hand's on role in favour of pen pushing.

rachael-8

just that theres an article in the express entitled ' gunners chief bows out with highbury' saying he will leave at the end of next season due to " poor health, age and an ever-diminishing influence on the day-t0-day runnings of arsenal"

anyone else heard about this?

camposlin

rachael-8 said:
just that theres an article in the express entitled ' gunners chief bows out with highbury' saying he will leave at the end of next season due to " poor health, age and an ever-diminishing influence on the day-t0-day runnings of arsenal"

anyone else heard about this?

can you provide where the source come from, i didn't find any news about Hill-wood will leave in the internet

rachael-8

from the daily express

gunners chief bows out with highbury

peter hill-wood will stand down as arsenal chairman at the end of next season and close the book on his familys 80 year reign at highbury.
the gunners board are unaware of his plans to retire, but we can exclusively reveal , the 69 year old cheif has confirmed the news to close friends in recent days.
hill-wood, in his 23rd season at the helm, believes it makes perfect sense to link his exit with the clubs ground move from highbury to the new emirates stadium just over a year from now
Age, poor health and an ever-diminishing influence on the day-to-day runnings of arsenal are the key reasons why he is giving up his post

thats part of the article

Spike

Established Member
Doubt it, there're many chairmans out there older than him who're still working on the boards, it would be a real shame if he did step down though.

JGooner

He's a nice guy. Old-fashioned English aristocrat. But it won't really matter if he goes, as he only owns about 0.4% of the club and Dein, Fiszman and Edelman are the ones who actually run the club (along with Wenger).

Allyboy

Established Member
He is essentially a figure head.

Best analogy would be the Queen is the head of the UK but the PM runs the country.

Hill-Wood is the Queen in this instance (insert your own jokes!) and Dein is the PM.

Phil

Could be worse. Coming from an English Public school like Eton the analogy of Queen is quite apt.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
He's from a family of investment bankers.

I think it'd be sad to see him go, he might not have the best image, but I think his running of the club has led to us being probably the most stable club in the country.

jonmoody61

Sad to see him go as he is a good figurehead indeed. Dein won't take him over as he prefers the hands on role - that is clear. Perhaps Fizman would take him over?

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom