• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AC Milan Show Arsenal What They Have to Live up to

Soler

Established Member
"In the absence of Alessandro Nesta, Milan’s backline had a combined age of about 4050. Cafu, Costacurta, Maldini and Pancaro are no spring chickens, but all ooze the nous of top class experience – nobody more so than Cafu (34) and Maldini (36) who defy the years as only genuinely great players can."

Loved that paragraph, as usual a top class article.

kNiteMare

It is a good read, and i think you have really pointed out the differences between Arsenal and Milan. And reading this make me feel more confident about our chances somehow.

Sammer

Established Member
"Maldini has won the Champions League some 5 times, has more international caps and European games behind him than Ashley Cole and Kolo Toure have had hot dinners. " :D

Another lewdikris must-read. Even though we have long ways to go, a CL final vs. Milan would be the most exciting game I could imagine in football.

Can´t wait until tonight though...

Kyla

Milan are formidable- their experience will count for so much at these stages. I thought Pirlo was fantastic- he created a moment of pure ingenuity- reminiscent of Bobby 2001/02. Making runs and playing a pefectly weighted, deft pass for the front man. They are definitely a team to aspire to, although I didn't find them exhilariting to watch. I still think Real can cause most damage if they get their act together. No one can match Real's attack- even Milan- they've just got an amazing defence that enables their players to pour forward when necessary.

Having said that, Milan's performance was so complete in nature that I still fear we are European minnows in comparison.

Anyways, Chelsea first. Still a daunting task- Duff in the team - a different Chelsea side. I'm sure they're all going to give the performance of their lives for their manager.

lewdikris

Established Member
Lampard and Terry I can see giving everything that night - but I can't see Mutu, Crespo, Makelele, Duff and the other newbies giving that much of a toss about Ranieir. Duff's reaction at being substituted on Saturday kinda said it all.

Gooner83

Im amazed Maldini can still do it, he went forward with the ball - lost it then won it back again.

He'll still be playing when hes 40.

Mark

Established Member
Milan were bloody awesome. Had Nesta been playing I doubt they would've even gone a goal down, but it didn't exactly damage them. I still think Milan are strong favourites for this competition and rightly so.

torgrim

Once again; great article Chris. Thank God the dance press went defunct. I was also very impressed by Milan. I honestly didn't think they had it in them to play so fast and attacing, I've always considered them as a defensive minded team. Had it not been for a blind and drunk linesman, they could have scored many more.

But there's a bitter taste to this Milan squad; Inzaghi. I can not understand why such a gifted player opts for the cheap dives he takes. He goes down easier than an Essex girl. As one of the Tv pundits put it: "Down goes Inzaghi. It must be the breeze".

kajej

I just watched the game today. I never really watched an AC Milan game and I was pretty surpised in what I saw. They are the most complete team.

Kyla you say that Real can still beat Milan but I think Real don't have a chance against them. In a few years however, those aging players Milan have wouldn't be able to cut it anymore and I think they'll face some difficulties replacing them but right now every single player they have is outstanding.

If we play them in the finals, it's gonna be a tough, tough game and if we beat them we would really have won the Champions League the hard way.

Hopefully, as early as next year, we can dominate European football and have strength in every single division in our team.

In a couple of years, Cafu, Maldini, and the others would have gone out and our corresponding players would of reached their career peaks.

Biggus

Established Member
Yes good article Chris I liked the comparrison with us about destroying teams during purple patches. I think thats how we've improved over last season...Arsenal V Milan would be some final..But I'd be glad with Arsenal V anyone :mrgreen:

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom