• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Achraf Hakimi

Kysus

Full back is not somewhere you invest your budget when we need upgrades in the spine of the team.
RB is by far our worst position in the starting XI.

An upgrade there should be a priority as well as a new CM to compete and rotate with Xhaka and Partey.
If we make Ødegaard permanent our summer business would probably be done with those 3 signings.

Would love an upgrade at Striker but I think we are stuck with Auba with that contract.

Iceman10

Established Member
For me this is the absolute quality you need in full-back positions these days. We've got one full-back who will certainly be world class if not already then in the next couple of season, with someone like Hakimi all of a sudden you've got two full-backs who can contribute a lot to your attack which is absolutely vital in modern football. You see it with Robertson and Alexander-Arnold and just how important they are for Liverpool in terms of overlapping, underlapping, providing width when their wide forwards go inside and helping to keep teams penned back. Also their quality with their passing and final ball such an asset. You can't be top contenders without this quality of your full-backs. Cedric has shown us what a decent full-back can do but he's still bog standard, Hakimi is a level above.

People still have this mentality going back a few years that Bellerin is decent so we can get away with not having top quality in the RB position, now I think it's the same with Cedric and maybe eve Chambers based on his last performance. But it's just not true, at some point we're gonna have to accept we need more from our full-backs, we're so incredibly lucky we got Tierney who we're now seeing is a CL level full-back currently playing for a mid-table PL side. We should be grateful the likes of Chelsea, Sp**s, etc overlooked him and we've got the advantage of having him here. Now we need the same for the other flank.

Good comment. I’m sold. Bellerin out, Hakimi in. CM clear out, Bissouma in. Laca out, Edouard in. Ødegaard or Buendia. That should be the core business to be done, and is common sense. RCB is starting to concern me a little but is lower down the list (after backup LB).

Minor pedantry with some comments here saying RB is the biggest position to fill. I am still a firm believer in getting the spine right first, so that runs through CM. By end of this summer though Arteta would have had more than enough time to focus on the spine, and full-back positions are next to be completed after that, having to be covered this summer also.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How does it work if Inter still haven't paid Madrid the 40m for Hakimi? Do they demand 50m from us but it goes straight out of their account to Madrid or what? Does he cost less than 50m cos actually they never spent anything on him anyway?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How does it work if Inter still haven't paid Madrid the 40m for Hakimi? Do they demand 50m from us but it goes straight out of their account to Madrid or what? Does he cost less than 50m cos actually they never spent anything on him anyway?
they paying it in installment Real Madrid only got 10M from inter so far they still own them 30M Inter not great shape financially at the moment because of covid.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Hakimi is a great player, can do a lot better than being a back up option to My Heccy and My beloved Hector.

Now that Bellerin is rightfully 3rd choice we no longer require a RB (this has previously been our weakest position in the starting 11 but no longer).

Our problem position that we to prioritize for upgrades is the CM position.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
This signing would be ambitious and statement of going to right direction Hakimi is one of best fullbacks/wingback this season its problem that will take big money from our budget unless we manage to sell Hector for 20-25M so it won't take big hit

Scottish_Gooner.

Selling Hector and AMN would fund this deal. However, without champions league football next season I can't see why he or any top player would want to join. Sad state to be in.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The problem also i don't think he'll move he winning the league with inter also playing CL next season and he key player for Conte so unless inter in desperate financial situation our chances to sign him are so minimum

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Could have got him last summer for the fee Hector was rumoured to be going for. Now we've lost £15m of Hector's value and this guy's has probably gone up

Arteta and Edu have done it again

Goonger

Could have got him last summer for the fee Hector was rumoured to be going for. Now we've lost £15m of Hector's value and this guy's has probably gone up

Haha, who was giving us €40M for Hector last summer? :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

PSG wanted loan plus and 25m option they ended up with better RB folrenzi loan plus 8m option.

Goonger

My bad, thought PSG wanted him and Arteta asked him to stay

I think you are right in saying he was thinking about going & Arteta asked him to stay another season judging by reports, but don't think we were offered our valuation anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom