• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adebayor: If Wenger wants me, I'll stay at Arsenal

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Goonereagle said:
Hardly bursting with enthusiasm. Sounds a bit like mercenary. What we wanted to hear was, "I love this club, and want to stay and win many trophies, and pay back everything it has given me--and work hard for the fans."
You mean like he did here?

Well, we all kinda ignore Ade when he says the right thing...

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
That's because he says so many wrong things. You can't blame people for their mixed reactions to Ade when he himself sends out mixed signals. I'm quite numb to anything that comes out of his mouth to be honest. There are too many players in our squad that talk too much, but he is definitely among the worst and really should just zip it for a bit.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
That's because he says so many wrong things. You can't blame people for their mixed reactions to Ade when he himself sends out mixed signals. I'm quite numb to anything that comes out of his mouth to be honest. There are too many players in our squad that talk too much, but he is definitely among the worst and really should just zip it for a bit.

He certainly does send out mixed signals, but so do half our squad when they stall over contracts. He gets to me as much as anyone, but it really is one rule for Ade and another for everyone else. People deliberately ignore any good he says or does.

algunner

I am glad Adebayor is staying because next season he will be on the bench. Adebayor will only come in after 60 min when there will be less offside traps with tired legs.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
algunner said:
I am glad Adebayor is staying because next season he will be on the bench. Adebayor will only come in after 60 min when there will be less offside traps with tired legs.
:lol: Yeah, when defenders are getting tired they're always focusing on covering more ground rather than trying to put their opponents offside.

ultradoc

Established Member
Thread should be locked in fact. He is not going anywhere. And I don't think these statements hold much importance in today's world. Wenger's mind could change tomorrow, ade's could change tomorrow. No big deal.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I think the thread should stay open, especially since we let the "Wenger Would Sell Ade to Chelsea" thread reach 15 pages.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Of course it should stay open. We'll start a new one when he makes another clueless analogy.

As for this, it's a classic case of transference. If Wenger doesn't want me here I won't be here, if I stay here then Wenger wanted me here. Every now and then I say I want to be here, but sometimes when I listen to my favourite music I imagine myself elsewhere. But in case there is any confusion, I am going to keep talking and talking just so that you don't forget I am here. For now anyway.

Great times.

Goonereagle

A_Gooner_Matata said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Goonereagle said:
Hardly bursting with enthusiasm. Sounds a bit like mercenary. What we wanted to hear was, "I love this club, and want to stay and win many trophies, and pay back everything it has given me--and work hard for the fans."
You mean like he did here?

Well, we all kinda ignore Ade when he says the right thing...
This is because last summer, in the space of a week, he said twice he was staying with us, then rumours circulated about a move--and he stopped saying he was staying.

Then came all the B.S. about him wanting more money, and that he plays for money.

As George Bush once said, "Fool me once, shame on, shame on you...it fooled me--you can't get fooled again."

ultradoc

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Of course it should stay open. We'll start a new one when he makes another clueless analogy.

As for this, it's a classic case of transference. If Wenger doesn't want me here I won't be here, if I stay here then Wenger wanted me here. Every now and then I say I want to be here, but sometimes when I listen to my favourite music I imagine myself elsewhere. But in case there is any confusion, I am going to keep talking and talking just so that you don't forget I am here. For now anyway.

Great times.

:lol:

Rattling post. You must have a high profile degree in english or psychology or something. hehe.

baccy_man

Established Member
i can see another summer like last year is he going is he staying and i am not bothered if he goes stick vela in his place at least he has better ball control.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
I think we should do what United do - buy three strikers for 30 mill each, but consider none of them good enough to start up front in the Champions League final. Thank goodness we can't afford to...

morpho

Established Member
just prooves that last summer was all agent-talk to get him a better salary... its part of the game, and frankly i think it be better if he stays so our squad keeps together as it is

i trust wenger on this one ;)

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom